• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ignorant Statements Part IV: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debunking them is fine as long as the debate as to whether or not they're actually ignorant doesn't go on for so long that it distracts everyone from the main point of the thread, which is to highlight fallacious arguments.

Highlight, talk, there's no reason for this thread other then fun? Who gives?

The only point of a fun and games thread is to have fun and poke at other people, that's why I made this thread (or at least, made the idea)

I'll try not to derail the thread too much. However I feel since the very nature of this thread is one that opens to debate (since everyone has a different definition of an "ignorant statement") that some rebuttal to a claim is welcomed. As well as this being just a Fun and Games thread.

However I agree we shouldn't turn this completely unrelated. So I will only say this.

I'm not a fan of Low 2-C Robloxian because you can make levels in the game. This is like if I made a level in Mario Maker. Claimed Mario himself canonly created my level. Then assumed my level was universe sized for no reason.

>> "I'd argue that it isn't NLF here. Type immunities can not be bypassed by ANY pokemon as long as they don't come from an ability (disregarding a few nonsensical moments from the anime). Even psychic attacks from arceus or mewtwo will have no effect on even the weakest dark type pokemon. "

>> "Also not to sound like wank but if Arcues were to specifically use a psychic move on Yvletal it wouldnt kill him. Again, thats what immunities are for. There are characters who can shrugg off moves from infinitely stronger characters due to resistances and immunities."

This legit made me give up on the debate and debating Pokemon ever again altogether. The one solace I have is that now I can tell Cal later that Arceus < Yveltal.

Dziga said:
Using Gameplay mechanics in a Vs Debate = Cringe.
Yup. I've actually seen people downplay Spartans and Sangheili from Halo as well as Star Wars small arms based on game mechanics.

[">implying Arceus is anywhere near as powerful as Zen-Oh"

"Did you even watch the Arceus movie? How does Arceus compare to a being that can destroy multiple universes just by willing it?"]

E156c7e463b78095a71805058e2087c1

Well at least the first part is somewhat right. Arceus is definitely not AS powerful as Zen'ō.

Not in the way that this guy meant though

"Red is the strongest Pokemon trainer of all time, because he's the only one that becomes champion, the other player characters don't become champions because they are never mentioned after their games to become champion, while red is, so he's the only cannon player champion." Or something along those lines.

Except...they're mentioned in their own games to be the champion....and Ethan also beat Red (although some people day "But postgame isn't Canon") and Sun/Moon did too

Yeah yeah, I get it.

Anyway, from the current matchup removal thread, "just because a character is tier 5 doesn't mean they can destroy a planet"-Some guy saying Mr Wednesday vs Hakumen should be removed.

That's technically true actually. Having Tier 5 AP doesn't equate to having attacks with tier 5 AoE

Oh....

Never mind I'm the ignorant one, then again Hakumen is a very casual 5A, so he should still be able to do it.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Meh, I kind of stop taking them seriously when I noticed that almost everyone in there thinks that Giygas is 5-D, for some reason.
It's Tabbender who propagated 5D Giygas I think. On the CFC G+ community everyone believes Tabbender's brain-induced Touhou wank. Like for example they think Yukari is Outerversal and Hecatia is High Outerversal and would beat Featherine.

ZeedMillenniummon89 said:
It's Tabbender who propagated 5D Giygas I think. On the CFC G+ community everyone believes Tabbender's brain-induced Touhou wank. Like for example they think Yukari is Outerversal and Hecatia is High Outerversal and would beat Featherine.
Well, they are the one who said "Giygas has AT LEAST 5 dimensions, but he could have much more, we don't even know if he has a dimensional limitation", and we also have things like "Sans may have said "Timelines", but he mean "Timeline", since Undertale only has one timeline".

Still doesn't beat the "Mountain >>> Planets"I once heard in youtube. I don't remember the exact words, but the reasoning was something around the lines of:

"Yu yu Hakusho characters (Yusuke's Spirit Gun) can bust a mountain. The meteor that destroyed the planet (????) was way smaller than a big mountain."

>> A Meteor can "destroy" the planet.

>> Meteor >>>> Planet.

>>> Meteor size <<<< Mountain Size

>>> Mountain >>>> Meteor

>>> Mountain >>>>>>>>>>>>> Planet.

>>> Mountain Busters are at the very least, equal to Planet Busters.

@Fate A bullet is much tinier than a sumo wrestler. Therefore a sumo wrestler can tank bullets ovo

@Ryu Hmmm... I'm not that sure. After all, if the meteor blew up our planet instead of "just" triggering a major extinction event/biotic crisis, are we even alive right now? I'm questioning my whole sense of reality ever since that day.

Granted, I'm assuming anyone who climbs a mountain becomes >>> Planet level because technically they are above the mountain.

EDIT:

Another one I heard on Youtube was that Saitama's feat of coming back from the Moon was a strength feat because he punched the moon and others were stupid for saying it was a speed feat. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back