• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ignorant Statements IX - [Theory] Ignorance is a Sith Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryukama said:
Did you point out that this is a 1000x gap? Does he not think that's enough to blitz?
We should probably just make everything from supersonic to MHS+ one tier, and everything from sub rel to SoL one tier too. They're all so close together after all. :3

The Wright Way said:
25.8 kilotons vs. 175 kilotons isn't that big of a gap.
This reminded me of this one fellow who was arguing that a character whose best showing was 0.1 to 0.3 Kiloton would stand a chance against a character who scales from a 200 Kiloton feat.

Zeifyl said:
"Powerscaling doesn't work, and should be ignored."
Biased debater:

I will use power-scaling to wank this character from this verse I like. But I will reject it and downplay this character from this verse I don't like.

Soldier Blue said:
Zeifyl said:
"Powerscaling doesn't work, and should be ignored."
Biased debater:
I will use power-scaling to wank this character from this verse I like. But I will reject it and downplay this character from this verse I don't like.
That's not even how it happened. They straight up said "Powerscaling doesn't work, and should be ignored." when I told them that "Huh. [CHARACTER] is more powerful than I thought, since I forgot powerscaling."

Biased debater:

ScrewAttack in a nutshell.

The Wright Way said:
25.8 kilotons vs. 175 kilotons isn't that big of a gap.
To be fair our tiering system does sometimes promote that kind of thinking. For example, multiplicatively the gap between baseline city level and the middle of city level+ is bigger than that, but since they're the same tier a lot of people treat them like it's a small difference.

Edit: I actually misremembered how big city level was, even the gap from baseline city level to baseline city level+ is bigger. But some people will see 7B and say they're even.

"Mewtwo is the most powerful Pokemon because Arceus is non-cannon" <- Killed myself after that.

"Watchdog Ma curbstomps Boros because he takes on the monsters of Q-City all on his own".

Apparently taking on a bunch of guys from a city at once is more impressive than being able to destroy the entire planet including that city at once.

"Jiren is above time. Being above time is the same as resistance to Time Stop. Goku also resisted time stop, and he has "superior instinct", wich is above all reality."

This wasn't a bait. The guy was serious.

"The only person who can kill Discord is Discord." Me unfortunately. Was under the impression that since acting chaotic keeps him alive, he can't die unless he is forced to act normal. I was/am not good at thinking things through....

"TF2 is clearly 4-C because of the Sun-On-A-Stick which scales to all weapons, Heavy's fists, etc."

"Stats are completely canon. So Mewtwo should be 2-B with Mega Evolutions and 2-B in base form considering he wouldn't be that far from Arceus in strength."

"Every Pokemon is 2-B because of what i said above."

"Considering the two statements above, Pokemon can utterly godstomp Digimon's God Tiers combined with ease."

Just a forum chat I once had.

"Superman is wall level" Why, and which version. "All of them because they are called the man of steel" "So is goku, as he was unable to damage a guy with iron skin in dragon ball super". Firstly, your arguments are fallacy based, second, even if the goku one is true, he showed he's not been using his full base power until his fight with ribrianne and jiren. "Lel dc and dragon ball tard, I bet you think they are massively FTL, even though dyspo is FTL". Dyspo was stated to surpass the speed of light which is vague.

Yeah, i've Used fallacies, but this is ridiculous.

Phoenix821 said:
Darth Vader is a peak human with TK, Precog, and an energy sword
And his consistent Town level+ feats in the Canon Marvel Star Wars comics are just outliers.

The fact that he broke those robots when Sidious told him "you killed her" clearly makes steel below average human level

"Goku is building level at best, because an attack 10x more powerful that frieza's Core buster only made crater, so busting that core is PIS, and the crater should be scaled"

That was slight paraphrase, as I could barely read this person's horrible grammar. This person needs to learn what area of effect is, so I gave them an example of molecule man.

"Goku can't do that because he's not molecule man level".

I the retorted that superman isn't either, yet he packs the punch of planets in his mountain leveling punches.

"Superman is omnipotent because sunlight gives him infinite power. DBZtard".

I then finessed him with several debunks.

It's funny when people ignore Superman's main physical limitation is extreme trauma, he can heal organs large slashes in minutes, if not seconds, but comparable will overpower his healing.

An example is the doomsday fight, which did happen, but was not a comic in new 52.

I mean with some Superman versions inconsistently varing from Wall level to Universal+, it's not hard to blame people.

Ghost Rider is stated by MARVEL THEMSELVES to be about the same tier as Building level characters. The writers give him as many outliers as they please because Marvel lets them, because they're awesome, and then people take it out of context and wank a character off simply because those writers imagined him more powerful than his actual creators.

"Superman > anyone from any anime"

"Saitama can beat superman, and Goku´╗┐"

"Nah,Ultimate Kars destroys Superman´╗┐"

"batman with prep time>anything to exist´╗┐"

"Light Yagami kills [Superman] with a book.´╗┐"

From the comments section to Goku vs Superman, all in the same comment thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back