• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If Pokémon worked like Shin Megami Tensei! + If everything had SMT/Persona's battle Mechanics

We can discuss how the type system pokémon has would be different? How catching pokémon would work! Everything!

For starters...

Instead of the using boring same old pokeballs to catch some pocket monsters

You need to do some Badass Frankenstein experimentation shit and fuse 2 Pokemon's to get a much stronger and different pokemon

Sounds good. Legendaries would be terrifying as ****! Also, actually throwing hands along side you mons! Lit.

Lol in this idea, all pokémon can talk, and, uh, the Axiom thing isn't Canon. I mean, it's cool, but I'd like it better if demons were just freaky animals. Like Pokémon, but going to definitely pound your ass without lube. Humanoid ones would be, like, different races-- like Aliens or something-- still people I guess, but humans would be arrogant and think they're the only ones worthy of being considered a "person". That's what I'd write. Like, make it so that "Demons" are literally just really ******* terrifying animals with sadistic impulses.

They don't even have to be sadistic, they could just be very territorial animals, while humanoid Pokémon (if you'd even fight them in the tall grass) could just dislike humans.

Creatures like alakazam, metagross, Luca Rino, and other extremely smart or humanly smart Pokémon could have their own Pokémon teams.

Legendaries would deserve their title. Especially Arceus, judgement would be some overpowered almighty style attack, and full plate Arceus would have null-all.

Oh God, you're right. YHWH might have a Goat Form-- since both he and Arceus are creator gods. Lol, Ash's strength and speed feats would be legit, and there'd be even more Pikachu clones in Kaso (Fire Rat) and Chagrin (Hedgehog).

Demon Whispering and Getting Giratina's Antimatter ability. Though, I think you would have to fuse to get the actual Gods.

Damn!

Dragon Ball needs hax and a more complex storyline, IMO. (Drops SMT in it, making the demons more like animals and aliens as well-- though humans still have this unearned sense of superiority that makes them lable the demons as such)

There would need to be a lot more elements in this hypothetical Pokémon x SMT verse. The rare Earth and Water elements need to be more common.

Interesting idea, but clumsily handled

Raichu: Absorb: Electric Weak: earth Would definitely have the Zio Spell line, Sukaja, and maybe some Claw attacks. Raichu is a very physical Mon, so it would get a boost to physical skills, but also lightning and stat enhancements since he's not the strongest thing out there. In terms of scaling in the SMT verse, while pokémon from their own Canon are strong, they'd probably be lower tiered depending on their status. Raichu would be a lower end in comparison to Tyranitar.

Back