• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Icy hottie vs Icy ghosty

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
This cold hearted garl is haunted by this frosty pokemo.

Will she be able to free herself from the ominous spirit? Or is she going to become her next victim? Its up to you to decide!!

Speed equalized.

SBA.

They fight in a snowy mountain, frozen caves, and stuff. Its hailing really hard (Cal, you know what this means, right? ovo)

Fight!

P4U Mitsuru Portrait
"Prepare to be Executed!"

Froslass by thelovewalker1245-d4jxe3k
woooooo

Sweet, thanks for taking my suggestion.

Anyway, Status Affects are in higher variety for Mitsuru, Ice Break is the big one that gives her the victory, allowing her to null his resistances to Ice, add in her own INCREDIBLY powerful resistance that can null even Absolute Zero, and the victor is clear.

You know, that location has a purpose.

Its not randomly thought.

Froslass is 3,8 gigatons btw. And how is Mitsuru's guard against illusions? It's a hailstorm after all...

Oh, okay, that wasn't as bad as I thought.

Don't quite know, I did realize that was quite an issue.

Also, I forgot to mention her Persona is an instant summon and can make it a two on one battle, with said persona having the resistance to Ice as well, along with it being able to levitate.

Welp, Froslass is stronger, Mitsuru can't really close the gap because both have stat amping, Froslass actually has more non-Ice moves than Ice moves so the nullification can only do so much, illusions will be a pain to deal with on top of Froslass being more elusive due to the environment and outranging.

Froslass 8,5/10

Also is this Froslass wild or trained (I remember that discussion about letting Pokemon use TM but I don't remember how it ended)?

Well since Pachi went ahead and made this, excuse me while I make another.

Unless...Someone wishes to make Mewtwo vs Dante first.

This is a reeeeeeally close matchup. Both of their ice resistance is amazing, with both capable of no-selling AZ attacks. Mitsuru can lower the resistance to ice, while Froslass has an advantage in versatility via having more options other than ice compared to her.

Spirit Drain and Draining Kiss counter each other, though Spirit Drain. I can't tell if it's an ice skill or a spiritual one, and depending on which it either becomes half or twice as effective.

Mitsuru can summon her Persona(s), giving her a numbers advantage. While Snow Cloak will make Froslass a pain in the butt to hit, only made worse by Dodge and Double Team.

In terms of status effects, Froslass has that one in the bag. Mitsuru has moves that inflict Panic and Charm, but they're not common to inflict. While same could be said for the flinching moves, you can't for Will-O-Wisp or Confuse Ray, which are guaranteed to inflict if they hit, and are very useful as well, as confused, Mitsuru is attacking herself instead of executing an attack, giving Froslass more than just a free turn, and burns do continuous damage along with noticeably lowering attack. Furthermore, Frostbite's an ability, not attack, so it's not getting nulled. And Froslass' freezing has shown to last years. And with access to Hex, she's doing double damage due to those statuses

In terms of statistics amplification, Mitsuru has the edge, hilariously for the same reasons Froslass took the above. Froslass has less options in it, and while her one is good, the boost doesn't happen often. Meanwhile, Ice Amp is useful, along with Mind Charge. Debugging on the other hand, is back to Froslass, as Mitsuru only has the reduction of ice resistance. Froslass has the defense lowering Leer and the Sp. Def lowering Fake Tears (which is more useful as it drops the stat twice as much as Leer, and Froslass is more adept in her special stat), Crunch and Shadow Ball have a chance of lowering Def and Sp. Def respectively, and the aforementioned burns. And if Dodge activates, there's the defense lowering there as well.

What really matters will be their miscellaneous trump cards not mentioned in my analysis above. The elephant in the room is healing, which is...pretty good. Megidolaon is a strong Almighty attack. Nuff said. Analyze is downright scary, being able to size up Froslass, including the weaknesses, and with her tactical advantage, won't be put to waste. The biggest threat however, is Vorpal Blade. Not only is it very strong on its own, but it's also super-effective. And she'll know because of Analyze.

For Froslass, there's the basic stat advantage, along with having far more range. There's the passive power nullification with Cursed Body (requires her to get hit by what's being nullified first), and active with Disable. Spikes restrains the earthbound Mitsuru as she's fighting the airborne Froslass. The biggest threat is Destiny Bond though, as it's a desperation move that's basically "If I can't take you down, then I'm taking you down with me."

Imo, after this analysis, I believe Froslass will win in the end. High diff. Let me start off by saying absorption won't likelycome into play here. Anyway...Both will start off with their ice attacks, and Mitsuru would have the edge first. She's taking no damage while Froslass is taking chip damage. And Mitsuru might realize that ice is ineffective first as well. But once Froslass realizes this, which wouldn't be long as she's used to fighting Ice- types, then the balance shifts. Will-O-Wisp is going to suck for her, as she's vulnerable to fire. Along with Confuse Ray, which lowers the use of her Analyze skill. While Mitsuru is capable of lowering Froslass' ice resistance, Froslass has more than enough attacks that aren't ice that don't require that setup, and those moves play off each other quite well, such as a status into Hex, or Shadow Ball and Ominous Wind spam to spin that wheel of chance. Mitsuru's stat amping is pretty good, but Froslass's debuffing is as potent, and has, while unreliable, a chance to gain a much more all-around boost in Ominous Wind, which damages with AoE as well. What Mitsuru's best chances here rely on are her Persona and Vorpal Blade. However, there are factors to take into account there as well. For one, the burn. The debuff there is everpresent. Second, there's the power advantage, meaning Froslass can likely shrug off one or two of those. And it could activate Frostbite, which is basically game over. Third, it could activate Cursed Body, nullifying it. Or Disable once Froslass sees it and realizes its threat. Fourth, Spikes setting lowers the movement. Fifth, because of Froslass's annoying evasion, due to Snow Cloak, Double Team spam, being able to outrange, and the chance of Dodge, and even flight or the confusion damaging chance, Mitsuru might not even hit Froslass at all. And if all else fails, Destiny Bond.

For the record Mitsuru doesn't lower it, she outright nopes it.

Still, that's reasoning I can't go against, Ghosty FRA

Kaltias said:
Also is this Froslass wild or trained (I remember that discussion about letting Pokemon use TM but I don't remember how it ended)?
Normally I assume they are more-intelligent-than-average wild pokemon.

I took two hours to type that response and now that Froslass got downgraded and this is fair again, that's not going to waste and I'm going to necro this. Sue me. ovo.

Grace Period

@Cal When you add this can you remove her fight against Raiko? AP revisions after all

Back