• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ICE QUEEN GOES NUT (Akame Ga kill becomes Planetary)

I'm sorry but I don't have the patience to read through this entire thread but why are we using superhuman reaction time as the speed of the storm expansion?
tl;dr characters in Akame Ga Kill are far beyond superhuman (they're lightning timers) and considering even they were reacting once the storm had already expanded it means it should have happened in a relative timeframe.

Could I see the scans?
This is from chapter 55
The clouds of the lightning was directly above the stadium, Tatsumi could dodge the lightning and show up behind Budo without him realizing it.
Multiple lightning strikes, it is random I think but they dodged it regardless.
I am thinking since Najenda is MHS+ at that moment and she was a few meters (let's say 10meters) to Esdeath when she started the attack. And she was shown to react after the feat is done. We can lowball the speed to use a superhuman reaction speed or normal human to find the speed of the storm creation

Even with them being superhumans in-verse, you wouldnt be able to use anything beyond normal human perceptions without it being calc stacking

Even with them being superhumans in-verse, you wouldnt be able to use anything beyond normal human perceptions without it being calc stacking
I do not know any calc member who would say using super human speed perception for someone who is MHS+ is calc stacking.

Ah yes, the Mako conundrum.

Though to be fair, in this case, it's just perception timeframes. So it's not really that different from using your usual "Peak Human" or "Athletic Human" perception timeframes to get the speed for stuff like this. Though whether you can use it for AP and KE calcs... Meh. Let a few other people decide.

It's not? If I used reaction speed from a calc, it would, but I'm making a reasonable assumption based on in-verse feats. The calc for Sonic's spindash amp comes from assuming he's going at lightspeed, based on tbe fact that he has said "lightspeed is small time" in-verse.

Nevaaaa! You'll nevah make meeeeeeee!

Check comments again.
Being this close in proximity would more take away from how fast it would need to be to happen before he can process it
Hi, Sorry for the ping again, but will using superhuman perception for characters that have multiple MHS+ calc and a statement to put them at that speed be considered calc stacking?

Like, we use Superhuman, Subsonic and what-have-you for speed calcs all the time. That's perfectly fine.

Using it for KE and AP on the other hand is where it kinda gets into muddy waters, with calc members on both sides of the spectrum.
the contexts of the feat is that, Esdeath covered the whole country with snow before the casts can even notice it.
The whole country has been covered before Najenda was shown to raise her hand to defend against the storm. That means the speed is faster than her perception based on logic, but let me see what this guys think

Like, we use Superhuman, Subsonic and what-have-you for speed calcs all the time. That's perfectly fine.

Using it for KE and AP on the other hand is where it kinda gets into muddy waters, with calc members on both sides of the spectrum.
You have a good point. I tried the calc out using MHS+ reaction times and got High 5-A so it can quickly get out of hand if not done conservatively.

the contexts of the feat is that, Esdeath covered the whole country with snow before the casts can even notice it.
The whole country has been covered before Najenda was shown to raise her hand to defend against the storm. That means the speed is faster than her perception based on logic, but let me see what this guys think
Context isn't the problem. Problem is the agreement of how many calc members agree or disagree with using it for KE and AP.

So using Peak Super Human Speed is ok?

And does the calc itself look good to you?
wait, just for Info could it be used supersonic+?

because at the worst the characters in the series are bullet dodgers,

i mean the low tiers can easily dodge bullets

i tought this needed to be said

wait, just for Info could it be used supersonic+?

because at the worst the characters in the series are bullet dodgers,

i mean the low tiers can easily dodge bullets

i tought this needed to be said
Yes but that would badly inflate the calc.

I am thinking since Najenda is MHS+ at that moment and she was a few meters (let's say 10meters) to Esdeath when she started the attack. And she was shown to react after the feat is done. We can lowball the speed to use a superhuman reaction speed or normal human to find the speed of the storm creation

Sorry to disturb you again.
can you create another blog, using the same method and calc but just changing the speed to what is above?
Ordinary people on the same panel react to the storm.

Also, I think it's better to use air density, given that the storm is floating, and not a tsunami of snow

Ordinary people on the same panel react to the storm.
That was not the storm that was the bright light that she was emitting before the storm, they were looking towards the capital. it was this sequence
Bright light
Storm
Najenda reacts

If that was the only evidence for using reaction speed then I disagree

The panels shows multiple normal people recting to the expansion of the cloud, if it was as fast you say it was this wouldnt be the case

And Najenda is not reacting to the attack but rather bracing herself from the gigantic release of wind and snow

At a glance the it's clear that this expansion happens very fast so I would go with a 5 second timeframe

Also for anyone wondering you can use superhuman, Subsonic,Subsonic+, Massively Hypersonic, SOL reactions for calcs
However it's usually for very specific circumstances such as direct statements of them moving at these speeds

This is also usually only reserved for speed calcs

Also for anyone wondering you can use superhuman, Subsonic,Subsonic+, Massively Hypersonic, SOL reactions for calcs
However it's usually for very specific circumstances such as direct statements of them moving at these speeds

This is also usually only reserved for speed calcs
Speed calcs don't need specific circumstances or direct statements most of the time. Rare cases exist, but they're exceptions, not the norm.

Really? I was told you need a direct statement or something damn near close to that
Nah. That's for slow-mo bullshit like snail-speed but that's reserved for time-dilation calcs where it's picture-based with no moving parts. Moving frames like movies, anime and games have their own methodology.

Speedblitzes not using the slow-mo technique don't fall under that.

Nah. That's for slow-mo bullshit like snail-speed but that's reserved for time-dilation calcs where there are no moving frames. Moving frames have their own methodology.

Speedblitzes not using the slow-mo technique don't fall under that.
Oh damn

Might go update some of my old speed calcs then

If that was the only evidence for using reaction speed then I disagree

The panels shows multiple normal people recting to the expansion of the cloud, if it was as fast you say it was this wouldnt be the case
That was not the storm that was the bright light that she was emitting before the storm, they were looking towards the capital. it was this sequence
Bright light
Storm
Najenda reacts
Already addressed it, it was a father and daughter outside the capital that saw the light, that was even before we see the snow storm.
And Najenda is not reacting to the attack but rather bracing herself from the gigantic release of wind and snow
Incorrect again, the snow and storm already happened before she raised her hands, so your point here is wrong. She raised her hands after the gigantic release of snow and wind

Already addressed it, it was a father and daughter outside the capital that saw the light, that was even before we see the snow storm.
0075-028.png

In all of these panels we see little particles in the Air to indicate Snow

What reason do we have to assume it's light?
Incorrect again, the snow and storm already happened before she raised her hands, so your point here is wrong. She raised her hands after the gigantic release of snow and wind
It doesn't show her raising her hands it's cuts back the the end of the expansion with her hands already raised

0075-028.png

In all of these panels we see little particles in the Air to indicate Snow

What reason do we have to assume it's light?
Since we see them staring at the bright light that's why we assume it's light
It doesn't show her raising her hands it's cuts back the the end of the expansion with her hands already raised
Before the start she was standing and issuing orders then esdeath started the attack and we see the storm created and afterwards we see her raise her hands.

Since we see them staring at the bright light that's why we assume it's light
We see them staring at the expanding snowstorm

We see the same flaky blotches of white as we see on the final expanded snowstorm

To assume the entire thing is light just because it's white seems like too much of a stretch to me
Before the start she was standing and issuing orders then esdeath started the attack and we see the storm created and afterwards we see her raise her hands.
We cut to a panel of her hands raised

I hardly see this as proof that she was utterly blitzed by it otherwise she wouldn't have reacted at all

We see them staring at the expanding snowstorm

We see the same flaky blotches of white as we see on the final expanded snowstorm

To assume the entire thing is light just because it's white seems like too much of a stretch to me
you can check the chapter 75 for more context
We cut to a panel of her hands raised

I hardly see this as proof that she was utterly blitzed by it otherwise she wouldn't have reacted at all
She reacted after the storm was completed, that is the point.
it is like raising your hand after the ball already hit your face

you can check the chapter 75 for more context
I'll check it out
She reacted after the storm was completed, that is the point.
it is like raising your hand after the ball already hit your face
Except we don't see the part where the ball hits her face

Just the end where her hand is already raised

Both explanations are equally valid without a panels straight up showing a blitz

if the scans still don't help, then we just do the calc, with what Shmeaty and KLOL said, with peak human or superhuman

so we can make the calc and they have no problem with that

Since this is basically over, yall know where I can find AGK in japanese? Otherwise I need to track down a japanese copy of the first volume

Back