• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ICE QUEEN GOES NUT (Akame Ga kill becomes Planetary)

Not a calc group member, I just know a lil bit about numbers.

The first one needs the planet curvature formula applied to it because it's not entirely in-frame, no? Low-end of that one looks okay to me, high-end is tentatively okay but using fallen snow density (which, given, has a lot of air in it and is very fluffy) still seems a bit iffy.

Second one is pretty blatantly screwed up. They take the height of the cylinder to be a straight line, ignoring the fact you can't do that because it's a sphere. Perspective doesn't work that way.
Then, on top of that, they multiplied their calculated volume by the density of snow and the density of ice... using the same volume. If it's half snow and half ice, you'd do 50% of the volume each. They basically multiplied the volume by two.
Their value for the distance travelled is also pulled out of nowhere with no justification, if you CTRL+F the value it literally only appears once.
Then, obviously, adding them all together is a big no-no.

3 also actually looks fine, though I'm a bit wary of modelling that as a cylinder. They chose a pretty far out line to draw a radius from, if you drew a circle of their chosen radius most of the storm would be inside the circle rather than being roughly balanced between inside and out.

tl;dr 1 looks good, 2 absolutely-hell-no, 3 iffy.

Like i said in the previous thread, it would be much more preferrable if we got an updated calc, out standards for planeary crvature scaling have changed a lot in the past few years

Yes, those are from early 2020. The wiki's rules regarding planet curvature scaling were overhauled in late 2020, several months after those calcs were made.

The calcs need to be updated as per the updated rules

I like the method of the first one. I could re-do it and just use all the same values but with an adjusted planet diameter.

I like the method of the first one. I could re-do it and just use all the same values but with an adjusted planet diameter.
Thank you, You can use this page as a guideline

Also timeframes should be between 5 seconds and 30 seconds

I can help you and get people to verify it, but I am dumb in calcs but I want to ask since a skim through it, there is none that uses timeframes
They do. I used KE, and KE requires speed. I assumed a 10 second timeframe, divided the distance by 10 seconds to get the speed.

They do. I used KE, and KE requires speed. I assumed a 10 second timeframe, divided the distance by 10 seconds to get the speed.
it is probably lower than 10 secs since it was instant, but that is fine. let me get someone to evaluate it

Oh, boy… THIS feat… The memories of everyone just making calcs & getting all up & arms about them…

Lemme evaluate your calc.

You mean CAPE? I guess you could but there seems to just be snow, not too much wind.
She started the attack from a point and it spreads out, so it certainly is wind
Also it is called a snow storm, which means wind is involved also

She started the attack from a point and it spreads out, so it certainly is wind
Also it is called a snow storm, which means wind is involved also
True, good point. I can add CAPE to the blog if needed. I'd probably use 4000 J/kg, for "strong instability" because it's literally a continental storm.

we can try 2 and 1 sec
since the feat happened in the same page, and also it was after the storm was shown to cover the continent before Najenda who was a few meters from Esdeath was shown to react
Added. Now I just need to get Migue to pick one of the ends. How do I get his attention, his profile wall on the forums or the fandom?

Nevaaaa! You'll nevah make meeeeeeee!

Check comments again.

Is Esdeath's casual AP equal to 4 of her ice soldiers or 63? Her page says she's casually equal to 63 while 10,000 can do CiC but the calculation says she's only equal to 4.

I ask because I'm just gonna divide the value of the calc by whatever appropriate multiplier to give her a casual AP value if there isn't already an existing one.

Is Esdeath's casual AP equal to 4 of her ice soldiers or 63? Her page says she's casually equal to 63 while 10,000 can do CiC but the calculation says she's only equal to 4.

I ask because I'm just gonna divide the value of the calc by whatever appropriate multiplier to give her a casual AP value if there isn't already an existing one.
63 is the correct value, the 4 will be a mistake

63 soldiers, the 4 one is outdated

So are we going with the new calc instead of either the 1st or 3rd calc in the OP?

Also, Esdeath currently still has a higher Ice Storm calc based on the non-curvature stuff, but that might be removed in the future so this could be the new calc if that gets nerfed.

So are we going with the new calc instead of either the 1st or 3rd calc in the OP?

Also, Esdeath currently still has a higher Ice Storm calc based on the non-curvature stuff, but that might be removed in the future so this could be the new calc if that gets nerfed.
All of them are outdated because they don't use the curvature formula, which I've taken into account in mine.

what do you think about this?
the feat happened in the same page, and also it was after the storm was shown to cover the continent before Najenda who was a few meters from Esdeath was shown to react

Back