• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iaian vs Sif (MCU)
Votes: 8 | 0 | 0 (Iaian, Sif, Incon)

Both 8-A
Speed not equal, subject to change if it's necessary in order to be fair
Both in-character, but willing to kill
Neither character has prior knowledge of the other
Starting range 5 meters, location is the wooded area in the park where Speed O' Sound Sonic fought Hammerhead and Saitama
Victory conditions: Death, Incapacitation/KO

One of Asgard's best warriors against one of the most powerful heroes of an Earth which she doesn't know. Both are skilled swordfighters, but with two strongly different styles. Overall the matchup feels pretty close to me. Who takes the win here?

d28f78f7cab572863c6292c0be96b398c3d24795.png
c9b10a9730d1cb9d0679431f9ec0c436.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Iaian wins. While they are comparable, Iaian is superior in nearly all stats.

Sif's MHS speed isn't justified in her profile but as far as I understand it comes from downscaling from The Destroyer who scales to Thor who downscales from Quicksilver who is 45910.17 m/s (MHS).

Iaian downscales from Homeless Emperor who is MHS+. Also Homeless Emperor's orbs are calculated at 86988.352 m/s (MHS).

Not to mention Sif's speed is only about her reaction and combat speed. She can't keep up while running. So she has to stay still and only counter Iaian's attacks.

Iaian has higher lifting strength and better weapon mastery.

IMO only wincon for Sif is hitting first with her weaponry. But that seems to be unlikely and isn't guaranteed to one-shot.

So I would say Iaian.

Last edited:
Sif's MHS speed isn't justified in her profile but as far as I understand it comes from downscaling from The Destroyer who scales to Thor who downscales from Quicksilver who is 45910.17 m/s (MHS).

Iaian downscales from Homeless Emperor who is MHS+. Also Homeless Emperor's orbs are calculated at 86988.352 m/s (MHS).

Not to mention Sif's speed is only about her reaction and combat speed. She can't keep up while running. So she has to stay still and only counter Iaian's attacks.
Would it be better if I equalize speed?

Iaian has higher lifting strength and better weapon mastery.
Are you sure he has better weapon mastery? Iaian is highly skilled, the best of Atomic Samurai's disciples and he's developed his own technique. But he's still young, only 23, and to some degree inexperienced. Sif is over 1000 years old and has been a warrior for a long part of that time if not nearly all of it. Thor stated that Sif was one of the best warriors the Nine Realms had ever known. Plus she's skilled with both her sword using one blade and using it double bladed, as well as with a shield. I think she can react fast enough to defend herself somewhat well with that shield.

Is her regen not a factor in helping with the stat disadvantages?

I'll count your vote as is right now.

Would it be better if I equalize speed?
I don't think it would matter a lot. Because when speed is equalized the combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. That means while Sif would have more chance of winning compared to before, Iaian still would have laughably higher movement speed.
Are you sure he has better weapon mastery?
Well, I don't think there is an accurate way of measuring mastery. But Iaian seems more impressive to me. Also, Iaian's main focus and training are about swords. While Sif's main weapon is a sword as well, she doesn't seem to be completely dependent on that and seems to use other martial techniques as well AFAIK. So when it comes to purely sword skills I don't think she is as good as Iaian. Besides that, swordsmanship techniques seem to be normal in MCU. While we don't have the confirmation of this if swordsmanship in OPM is anything like their martial arts which is borderline supernatural, this gives Iaian a huge advantage in skills. Also, I don't know how much this counts but Iaian is listed as "Expert swordsman" while Sif is only "swordsman". If it was only hand-to-hand combat Sif would be much better but in a sword fight, it wouldn't matter much.
Is her regen not a factor in helping with the stat disadvantages?
I wouldn't count on "low" level regeneration against deep sword cuts. And if you want to count minor abilities as well, Iaian has "extraordinary perception". That would lower Sif's chances of finding a weak spot to attack during their fight since it would help Iaian to counter her attacks better.
I'll count your vote as is right now.
It shows 0 | 0 | 0 on my phone

Edit: It now shows 1 | 0 | 0

Last edited:
Every single speed is reduced to the slower character

Every speed is reduced by the same multiplier their combat is reduced. In this case, all his speed related stats would be reduced by 2 or 3. So he would still have his MHS rating or would be very high end High Hypersonic+. Compared to "superhuman" speed of Sif, that's an huge advantage

By speed equalized. The faster opponent has the same speed as the other opponent. Hence its name. Iaian will have the exact same speed as Sif

Btw, excluding Sif's weaponry, Iaian has almost two times AP advantage. 117 tons vs 224 tons

Last edited:
By speed equalized. The faster opponent has the same speed as the other opponent. Hence its name. Iaian will have the exact same speed as Sif
Read rules.

Another thing regarding AP. Iaian's AP comes from damaging the Narinki squad's battle suits which are accepted as comparable to Hammerhead's suits. 8-A feat from suits is done by their base form. At that form Hammerhead couldn't damage Saitama in the slightest but he still believed that its boosted form would easily destroy (perhaps one shot which requires at least 7.5 times difference) Saitama. When Iaian damaged Narinki squad's suits, they were in their boosted forms as well. My point is that, Iaian probably has more way more than 2× AP advantage

Well, I don't think there is an accurate way of measuring mastery. But Iaian seems more impressive to me. Also, Iaian's main focus and training are about swords. While Sif's main weapon is a sword as well, she doesn't seem to be completely dependent on that and seems to use other martial techniques as well AFAIK. So when it comes to purely sword skills I don't think she is as good as Iaian. Besides that, swordsmanship techniques seem to be normal in MCU. While we don't have the confirmation of this if swordsmanship in OPM is anything like their martial arts which is borderline supernatural, this gives Iaian a huge advantage in skills. Also, I don't know how much this counts but Iaian is listed as "Expert swordsman" while Sif is only "swordsman". If it was only hand-to-hand combat Sif would be much better but in a sword fight, it wouldn't matter much.
I still think that Sif's hundreds of years of experience training and in battle over what Iaian has gives her an advantage or at least evens things out in that regard. Although Sif can fight with two different styles of sword use, using one blade or two blades, Iaian may still be more skilled than her in pure sword play, but as an overall combatant I think Sif has more skill. The site lists her as a "close combat expert" as well.

I wouldn't count on "low" level regeneration against deep sword cuts. And if you want to count minor abilities as well, Iaian has "extraordinary perception". That would lower Sif's chances of finding a weak spot to attack during their fight since it would help Iaian to counter her attacks better.
Definitely fair. I thought that it could assist a little but if you don't think so I understand. The extrasensory perception also helps edge things in Iaian's favor as well.

Another thing regarding AP. Iaian's AP comes from damaging the Narinki squad's battle suits which are accepted as comparable to Hammerhead's suits. 8-A feat from suits is done by their base form. At that form Hammerhead couldn't damage Saitama in the slightest but he still believed that its boosted form would easily destroy (perhaps one shot which requires at least 7.5 times difference) Saitama. When Iaian damaged Narinki squad's suits, they were in their boosted forms as well. My point is that, Iaian probably has more way more than 2× AP advantage
This is also true. I believe that she is the more skilled fighter as I said above and I thought that her regen could potentially help close gaps on top of that, but it's quite possible that it isn't enough to pull out a win here against Iaian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back