• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I win via speaking: Randall Flagg vs Darth Nihilus

It's still in the process of being worked out in a CRT, but regardless, Flagg doesn't normally use it for that. Random things in his surroundings have only been shown to die during moments when he's lost control over himself, which (as you can imagine) is a rare occurence.

My biggest question here is, how wide is the range on Nihilus's aura-hax?

@King

It's vague, only using the term "with his presence".

He does still have his speech death hax tho.

How far is the range on that, then? Does Flagg need to be close enough to hear him?

I say this because SBA puts these two at 4km or so. Nihilus's profile says he has stellar range (but doesn't explain what-with), and Flagg's reach is anywhere between "across the country" and "across the multiverse" depending on what power he uses.

Stellar range is mainly for his TP powers.

Which, when used on Visas Marr, showed her visions so horrifying that it made her into... this.

"He walked upon the surface of my dead world, and there, lying in the bodies of my race, he took me for his own. And he made me see. And for the first time, I saw the galaxy. And I wished to die. To this galaxy, my world, absent the currents and spectrums of the Force, was nothing but crude matter, rock, flesh, emptiness. He made me see, and at that moment, I longed for death more than anything, even more than in those moments when I had lain next to the bodies of my kind. He showed the flickering of life on other planets, the mass of beings that swarm through the empty places of the galaxy. To see such creatures, disconnected from themselves, their world, their place in it, unable to see the currents and how they affected everything around them. He showed me to make me believe in his cause. He convinced me the galaxy, all life must die. He fed upon its ugliness, its screaming, and in its place, he left silence... and where there was chaos, he brought stillness... and order."

Everlasting and King of Negativity, two people who know their shit in one thread.

I like this...Imma wait.

Ah, okay then. Yeah, I'd say EU Star Wars mindhax is far beyond anything Flagg has encountered in that area. If Nihilus goes for that before he can do anything, he's probably screwed.

That said, his command-based magic is the main thing he abuses as of the most recent media. Additionally, he has the ability to send a projection of himself to wherever he needs to be (that may leave him vulnerable to Nihilus's own word-hax, actually...), and from there can simply speak to the victim in whatever way he needs.

Pretty sure this'll simply amount to a "who talks first" scenario though, seeing as Flagg has no defense against death hax that I know of.

He could say "Stop Breathing" And Nihilus wouldn't be able to do anything.

Nihilus is an incorporeal Sith spirit contained within his armor.

He doesn't have any biological functions and technically can't "die" traditionally.

Depends on what he uses it for, but against someone he isn't trying to use/manipulate, he would go for something that stops them for good. It's never really explained how the ability works aside from it being magical by nature, but the gist of it is "Flagg says something. It happens."

The ones we know of for certain (that can end normal fights) are:

• "Stop breathing", which does exactly what the tin says. He probably has more commands of this type, but this is the one we see him use.
  • "Sleep", which is another obvious one.
  • "Goodbye", which kills the victim immediately.
Addressing what Gar said, I doubt looking at the projection of Flagg will be enough to affect the man himself (since it's not really him), but I'm not sure.

However, "stop breathing" won't work here, and I'm pretty sure that's the one he's most likely to use if he goes for the commands first.

Actually... can Flagg affect incorporeal beings at all? Because if not, he has no way of actually beating Nihilus.

The Everlasting said:
Actually... can Flagg affect incorporeal beings at all? Because if not, he has no way of actually beating Nihilus.
I'm...not sure. If memory serves, the only time he was shown actually "affecting" a non-corporeal entity was the time he sealed the demon of Maerlyn's Grapefruit back into its orb/dimension.

Doubt that's really an option here.

"Nihilus powers grew so extreme that, for most beings, mere exposure to the Sith Lord would cause immediate and utterly mindless devotion."

Oh, this is a thing too.

How fun.

oof.

The fight was so thematic too.....

Back