• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I will be retiring as a staff member

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
a few months ago I made tongue and cheek joke about this user's "Secret reading stash" he was talking about, however in the long chain of comments on the chat, it ended up turning into the most awkward moment I have witnesses in a long time, Sera had made a comment about this user that indirectly tied with my joke and without thinking I made a reference to that joke that resulted in Sera getting extremely angry and this user getting some backlash aswell, while I explained the full context to Sera in a PM and since then everything seemed to have been sorted out, however recently I found out that this user was still somewhat affected and asked for an Apology which I agree was needed, but on closer retrospection i have come to the conclusion that not only does my satire and sometime edgyness land flat on it's face, but I had made a terrible lapse in my judgment and made a casual joke without thinking about the implications, despite my love for this wiki, I made a distasteful joke that hurt a fellow member. while it was not my intention, I fully understand the consequences of my actions. which is why therefore i want to resign from my position, i dont think i have earned it nor do i deserve it, as i believe any staff member being so insensitive to a productive member of the wiki shouldnt be a staff member, I will try to improve myself as a person in the future, but most of all i hope to rebuild some trust with this member, i want to apologize to him personlly for being an insensitive asshole.

Bear with me on this one, i dont know the context behind the incedent nor do i know the particular user was involved in it, but do you really think this is truly necessary?

Because this is going a bit overboard because of mistake honestly. Yes, the user in question deserved an honest apology and yes, you should be more mindful of what you are saying, but stepping down because of a misunderstanding you caused? Do you realise that you are making the one youre apologizing to really uncomftable with? This is like commiting seppuku because you broke someones door, despite the dude telling you that you just need to pay and watch out next time.

The intention behind it is noble, but it has a silly implication. Being a staff member dosnt mean that you need to be the second coming of jesus. Mistakes happen, a color on your name will not change that fact. Else we would have to hakai at least half of the current staff, because we all make mistakes. Learn from it, be mindful next time. That will be more benificial to you and the wiki. Truth to be told, your current position dosnt even "require" you to be better at socializing, thats something you aspire for as a fellow human.

In the end it is your decision and i will not try to talk you out of it. Reflect on my words or not, it dosnt matter. Choose something youre happy with. That matters more.

I hold stuff like this in high regard, my current position has nothing to do with me socializing that's true, but it's not the reason why im retiring, I could have been in any other position and I would have done the same thing, Staff members specifically in most cases are seen as representatives of a wiki, and whatever you do reflect on the wiki as a whole, and in this case personally I feel as if i royally screwed up, while it may seem unimportant to many, I don't want to be the asshole that hurts other people. especially when this wiki has done so much for me in some of my most darkest days.

I strongly agree with First Witch that there is absolutely no need for you to resign over something like this.

I would personally much prefer if you stay, as you are a highly valued member of the staff, but if this is also because of the very serious real world circumstances that we have talked about in private, I definitely understand .

Perhaps but I have no other way of getting across my sincerity of the situation, I take stuff like this very seriously, especially when the context behind them are not in jest. I'm don't want to be seen as someone who simply just handwaves away problems with a shallow apology to save face, when that's the opposite of how I feel. this wiki and many of its members are important to me.

Shadow, you're one of my closest friends on this wiki and I do want to respect your decision to step down, if you feel it's the best course of action.

However, I don't think I can support you resigning over something like this. You acted in a way that you don't think a staff should, understandable but why do you feel like giving up your post is the only way to make amends here? I feel the right thing to do is make an attempt to improve your conduct so that you don't repeat these mistakes again. The fact that you recognized your mistake and refuse to do anything but make up for it in the most sincere way possible tells me you are more than capable of it.

And about you not having earned staff position. BULLSHIT. You are one of my most respected members here. You know why? Because you know how to treat others with respect and have the maturity to not let yourself get pulled into petty squabbles when that would be so much more easier than doing your best to have a peaceful discussion with others.

If you feel adamant about this, then I won't stop you. It's your decision in the end. But please realize that you are important to this community and one slip up does not change that.

Back