• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

i was right about slippin jimmy

i have watched every episode of the slippin jimmy cartoon and it turns out i was right, this show has some pretty stupid feats
  • marco gets thrown hard enough to break glass, and just gets up afterwards
  • jimmy carries a boulder up and down a hill thirty times
  • jimmy outruns a police officer
  • jimmy incapacitates multiple kids by throwing snowballs at them
  • trent gets buried under approximately one shit ton of snow, survives (i calced this to street level)
keep in mind that this show takes place when jimmy is like 12

both walt and jesse completely dominate saul during breaking bad so they should scale to all of this

huell also scales which is absolutely wonderful

“Before Saul Goodman, a criminal lawyer, before Jimmy McGill, a lawyer anyone can trust, there was: Slippin' Jimmy.”
so sadly, yes, it is a part of the timeline
A random post made by the Better Call Saul Twitter account still doesn't prove that it's canon, though. Non-canon spin-offs can and have existed before.

according to a comment on this reddit post, vince gilligan confirmed that it is canon in a post-credit scene on the premiere day

I am not crazy! I know he swapped those numbers. I knew it was less than 300 joules. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just – I just couldn’t prove it. He covered his tracks, he got that idiot at the calculation team to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He’s done worse. That boulder? Do you think someone just carries a boulder like that? No! He orchestrated it! Jimmy! He defecated through a sunroof! And I saved him! And I shouldn’t have. I took him into my own firm! What was I thinking? He’ll never change. He’ll never change! Ever since he was 12, always the same! Couldn’t keep himself from performing tier 9 feats! But not our Jimmy! Couldn’t be precious Jimmy! Stealing them blind! And HE gets to be Street level? What a sick joke! I should’ve stopped him when I had the chance!

Listen man if you want this to go anywhere you'll need to find an official statement that proves this trainwreck of a show is canonical, otherwise the best we can do here is a non-canon Jimmy profile

Because Slippin Jimmy isn't canon? Again, using the show's description and posts made by the BCS Twitter post doesn't prove it's canon.

Even if we took the Twitter post and the show's description of all things as WOG statements, it would actually be death of the author. Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul is supposed to be a show that takes place in the real world, and the characters have displayed feats that aren't superhuman except for that one scene where tuco casually survives jumping and landing from a really high place that scene is still dumb as shit, and in Slippin Jimmy we see... people being possessed by demons and performing inhumane feats, actually the entirety of Episode 2 is just comically dumb and unrealistic, so I can use any example from there.

Even if we took the Twitter post and the show's description of all things as WOG statements
why shouldn’t we? both are statements from the creators
it would actually be death of the author. Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul is supposed to be a show that takes place in the real world, and the characters have displayed feats that aren't superhuman except for that one scene where tuco casually survives jumping and landing from a really high place that scene is still dumb as shit, and in Slippin Jimmy we see... people being possessed by demons and performing inhumane feats, actually the entirety of Episode 2 is just comically dumb and unrealistic, so I can use any example from there.
yeah its stupid as **** but that doesn’t make it non canon, just makes it unfortunate lol
This is hilariously stupid, Saul Goodman isn't an Anime character my dude...he's going to get weaker as he gets older.
saul should be superior to himself as a 12 year old. it’s not like you start getting weaker from the age of 12. i can assure you that an average 40 year old would beat the piss out of an average 12 year old.

look man, the twitter account saying shit like "Before Saul Goodman existed, he was Slippin' Jimmy!!" is just there to contextualize the show, not to like, confirm that Slippin Jimmy is canonical. If you can get a statement where Vince Gilligan or some writer says that Slippin Jimmy is in fact canon then sure **** it we can make Breaking Bad characters 9-C but for now it just seems like SJ is completely detached from the main canon

by your logic i could probably make a case for el camino and bcs being non-canon as well, the only real difference is that slippin jimmy sucks

Back