• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Shall Seal the Heavens CRT - Meng Hao resist 1-A Mind-Hax

Zaratthustra

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Image Helper
Introductio

It was brought to my attention that I have missed a feat done by Slaughter and resisted by Meng Hao that I've forgotten to add to his profile so It seems a little CRT is needed.

This CRT will be about a Mind-Hax done a Transcendor, more exactly Slaughter (the clone of The God) the protagonist from Renegade Immortal, another Novel from the same Author.

Slaughter stage of cultivation is Heaven Trampling which is equivalent to ISSTH's Daosource aka Step 4 or in simpler terms 1-A Tier stage.

Mind Hax Resistance
Here you can see Meng Hao calling Slaughter who was strolling through space and once he turned back and look at him his mind is being affected and all memories connected to him are being erased by a simple glance. Not only Meng Hao is affected but all those that look at him, even Dao Lords those that have comprehended Essence and are the Apex of the Vast Expanse.

Meng Hao was able to resist to Slaughter Mind-Hax. It's also stated that it was a test from Slaughter as only those that resist it have the right to follow him.

After that, it shows the effect for those that have not resisted and how they don't have any memories connected to Slaughter.

As you can see Meng Hao resisted to 1-A Mind Hax while being in the Immortal Realm. You may say it was a test and maybe Slaughter didn't use his full power or so, but it never stated the contrary, at the end of the day Meng Hao while in Immortal Realm resisted Mind-Hax from Slaughter who is at least Daosource Realm.

Conclusion
Meng Hao resisted 1-A Mind-Hax from Slaughter a Transcendor cultivator.

This will affect Meng Hao Immortal and Ancient Key by granting them 1-A Mind Hax resistance.

I guess it works, although it seems like he had to use his Nirvana Fruit to fully resist it, albeit barely

Since it was a test, Slaughter certainly wasn't going all out, and might have just adjusted the ability so that the level of the Cultivators present (Dao Lord-ish) could resist it if they were strong enough.

Really, in-verse, it makes no sense for a Dao-Lord lvl Meng to resist Mind Hax from a Transcendor. We see very well how ridiculously huge the gap in power is.

We've seen it but it never stated how potent it was, we can't know for sure. At the end of the day as I've said he resisted mind-hax from Slaughter. So we assume it's at his level (Slaughter level).

We've seen what a serious Transcendor mind hax could do when Chen Fan attacked Meng. Even at 9-Essence level, he had quite some trouble. It's not the same type of ability, but it shows you the potency people on that level can dish out.

Just imagine the difference between Meng right before he Transcended and Immortal Realm Meng. The gap in power is just far too huge, and since we know Slaughter wasn't going all out, I don't think it should be used.

@InfiniteSped

It wasn't a test. Slaughter didn't want anyone to remember him. "The black-robed man did not wish memories of him to exist in anyone's minds. To ensure that no trace of him was remembered by anyone, he would wipe their minds clean.". And while he obviously isn't going all out, Meng Hao with his Dao of freedom as the basis resisted the mind-hax and kept his memories while being in the Immortal realm, and those int he Dao realm were of course affected.

And don't take Chen Fan as an exemple. He was using a hax directly from Allheaven you know, and MH got out the winner there too. And it's resistance brother, not Immunity.

But back to Slaughter. At the end of the day MH completely resisted the "mind-hax", and be it the most casual/weakest "technique" Slaughter had, or the most OP(lol), at the end of the day Meng Hao resisted a 1-A mind hax. Pretty sure characters in VS Battle wiki had resistances for lower than this.

"Meng Hao took a deep breath, gritted his teeth, and flew after him. He could sense that this man harbored no malice. That gaze from earlier could shake Heaven and Earth, but in actuality... it was apparently some sort of test.

Of those he tested, only those who managed to maintain their memories of him could qualify... to follow him off into the distance.

[...]

He watched himself move forward and grab Song Luoshen. He saw the emaciated man make his appearance, and then saw the black-robed man appear. He saw the test administered, then saw the black-robed man strolling out into the starry sky. Then... he saw himself following, all the way... until the other black-robed man and the other Meng Hao superimposed with their real selves."

Clearly a test.

Tell me how it makes any sense whatsoever for a Dao Lord Meng to resist a Transcendor's mind erasure, the difference in power is literally infinite. Even 9-Essence Paragons are nothing compared to Slaughter

Oh, didn't notice that test part.

Still, fact is he rested that. Be it a test or not, an "attack" is an attack, and I say it should be taken into account. And brother, are you sure talking about making sense in a Xianxia? xD

Jokes aside, again pretty sure some characters had resistance for less. Hm, anyway.

If it's a "test", there's no way to know how much Slaughter was holding back. Maybe it was enough so that the people present would have somewhat of a chance to resist it.

Other verses accepting nonsense doesn't mean we should. By the in-verse logic, a Dao Lord resisting even a pathetically small amount of a Transcendant lvl attack makes no sense.The only logical reason is that Slaughter was making the attack weak enough that Dao Lords had at least a slight chance.

Imagine if Slaghter had, say, punched him once, and Meng hadn't died. Then it was said to be just a test, would you say that Meng had Transcendent lvl durability?

Obviously not, I won't say he had Transcendent lvl-durability, more like peak of 3rd step (and also depends on the punch itself as you said.) And the question never was about Slaughter holding back or not, I mean that's the first thing I said, so don't worry about that I'm agreeing 100% on that. The fact is that he resisted an attack from a 1-A, while in the Immortal realm, and even Dao Lords didn't stand a single chance. He held back, but we don't know how much. From how it was worded I believe it's more like :"take this low-lvl attack you plebs. Of you endured it? Come I'll give you good fortune". What I ask is just to take this into account if possible. It is ambiguous so we can only do with that the narrative said, and I believe it's enough to make his resistance up to a certain level. (I mean, early 2nd step resisting "mind-hax" from 4th step that even early-3rd steps couldn't resist)

And, the thing is brother, it's precisely because it's the VS Battle-wiki that I insist on something I'd probably have dropped long ago due to the same reasons you stated above. It's because of others having it for less that I'm still on this, since it could disadvantage MH in VS Battles. I wanted for at least smthing like (resisted High 2-A or higher lvl mind-hax), or maybe encoraching on Tier 1-A (and he did that while in Immortal realm). Whatever that could help, since the nonsense as you said that other verses casually accept is actually relevant in the wiki. Because again, at the end of the day, he resisted a mind-hax from a Slaughter that was intent on erasing himself from the memories of those present there.

But I see where you're coming from.

Yes, it is ambiguous, and in those instances we should go with the interpretation that makes more sense according to the universe's rules. Like I said, Dao Lord lvl resisting Transcendent lvl attack is just crazy, the gap in power ridiculous, so I think it's safer to say that the attack wasn't Transcendent lvl.

We should look to make the profiles more accurate, rather than make them more powerful for the sake of a vs battle. I see where you're coming from, a lot of justifications for certain abilities here can be quite reachy, but I think we should try to represent the character the way they really are rather than to add other abilities due to admittedly faulty reasons.

Well, glad we're understanding each other here. And i'm already in a mind to call this crt close due to ambiguity, but I think I should remind you that at the Immortal realm Meng Hao stomps 3rd steps, and later in Ancient Realm is curb-stomping 9-Essences. I mean, I thought like you, but then when you remember that Meng Hao is skipping entire steps, it suddenly seems less ridiculous. Tho, again, i'm not saying Slaughter was serious or anything, but you mentioned it being ridiculous and I found it wise to remind you that MH's existence is ridiculous in itself. (Early-step 2 beating mid-step 3 bro)

I guess yea. Better be one of the accurates one here eh.

So, I guess the 1-A resistance is off due to great ambiguity? Can we still do or add something to MH's profile from this info, or do we close this? @Zaratthustra

He's always fought above his weight class, but even at that point he was only about as strong as a 3-Essence Dao Lord iirc. He only really got on 9-Essence lvl by the end of the war. It's still a lot higher than the lvl he was at that point, but I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah, but it's a bit hard considering we don't get many instances of quasy-dao cultivators.

Back