• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I find the Defendent Light Yagami, Guilty!

SecretSynergy said:
The death note can manipulate a persons actions before they die, so what if Lights obtains the alias, then writes "he shoots himself" or something?
1. This isn't Netflix Light.

2. Prove that gun could harm a 9-B on the Judge's level.

Light was able to defeat L, who is smarter than an entire police force. The Judge has no idea that Light is going to kill him, so realistically Light could try and convince the Judge for his name (and if we argue out of character Light, he has shinigami eyes), and then it's GG.

Yagami Light FRA w/Low diff

The judge doesn't give it his real name. He does bu Judge.

And death note needs his name to manipulate him.

Isn't it like, standard procedure for judge's name to be announced before a trail starts, or is that only in the US?

In this world. He literally only goes by the judge. He never says his real name. And only wants to be referred as such. Even in public thy call him as the judge

SecretSynergy said:
Light was able to defeat L, who is smarter than an entire police force. The Judge has no idea that Light is going to kill him, so realistically Light could try and convince the Judge for his name (and if we argue out of character Light, he has shinigami eyes), and then it's GG.

Yagami Light FRA w/Low diff
1. Shinigami eyes are optional equipment. It should be specified if he has them.

2. People just as smart as Light and L don't know thecJudges name despite being friends with him that hang out on a regular basis.

Buttersamuri said:
The judge doesn't give it his real name. He does bu Judge.
And death note needs his name to manipulate him.
Light was casually reading secret police files that he nabbed from his dad, and since he can be considered to be smarter than L, who is smarter than a entire bereau, it is not a stretch to assume the Judge has his real name on file somewhere, where Light can access it. Also, if this takes place in modern times, it's unfair to give Light a phone from like 2006.

Light stomps.

Except that his dad doesn't have files on someone from a literal different universe

And yes it is fair to give him the only type of phone he has access Too. That's wrong to give him present day tech when he doesn't have in canon access to it

Light was casually reading secret police files that he nabbed from his dad, and since he can be considered to be smarter than L, who is smarter than a entire bereau, it is not a stretch to assume the Judge has his real name on file somewhere, where Light can access it. Also, if this takes place in modern times, it's unfair to give Light a phone from like 2006.

Light stomps.

See my post about Damon Gant above. Even he doesn't know The Judge's name despite being friends with him for decades.

The Judge is too tech illiterate to ever put his name on any kind of computer system.

Light stomps.

See my post about Damon Gant above. Even he doesn't know The Judge's name despite being friends with him for decades.

The Judge is too tech illiterate to ever put his name on any kind of computer system.

It's not an issue of him putting his name in. It would be on file regardless. He would have to registered on a database somewhere. Just because he doesn't know how automatically means NO-ONE else could have it? The hospital he was born in would likely have it on file. All Light has to do is figure out which one it is, then hack in. He is a genius, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume he could simply probe the Judge for details like that and then figure out the rest.

Here's the thing. How would he find out which hospital he was born in? Why would the Judge give details to a guy on trial?

"Mind telling me a bit about yourself"

"The defendant will refrain from talking unless he wants to be held in contempt of court."

Actually, wait. He's not even on trial. He's a random guy in the gallery from my guess. In which case, the Judge holds him in contempt for attempting to interrupt a trial.

The Wright Way said:
Here's the thing. How would he find out which hospital he was born in? Why would the Judge give details to a guy on trial?

"Mind telling me a bit about yourself"

"The defendant will refrain from talking unless he wants to be held in contempt of court."
They're on recess, why would him attempting to be friendly make him be held in contempt? Light is a genious, and he doesn't have to ask the Judge himself you know.

Lol if you want Light to lose so badly, why make this matchup?

The Wright Way said:
Actually, wait. He's not even on trial. He's a random guy in the gallery from my guess. In which case, the Judge holds him in contempt for attempting to interrupt a trial.
Contempt of court is a court order which in the context of a court trial or hearing, declares a person or organization to have disobeyed or been disrespectful of the court's authority.

How is Light engaging in casual conversation during a recess in anyway apply to that definition?

He gets the gun during a recess, nothing suggests that's when the fight is happening.

I didn't make it smartass.

Contempt of court is a court order which in the context of a court trial or hearing, declares a person or organization to have disobeyed or been disrespectful of the court's authority.

How is Light engaging in casual conversation during a recess in anyway apply to that definition?

They wouldn't be in the courtroom itself it it was suring recess. He gets the gun during recess, that's not when the fight is happening.

The Wright Way said:
He gets the gun during a recess, nothing suggests that's when the fight is happening.

I didn't make it smartass.
My bad on saying you made it, good grief. The OP simply said Light gets 15 minutes, it doesn't say when the 15 mins start. It would be safe to assume they start when Light starts trying to figure out the identity, and even after which, he can still kill him, just 'with his own means', which I guess means w/o using the Note? isn't stupid, he isn't going to ask those types of questions in the middle of a trial, lol. Anyways, like I've been saying, the optimal time to obtain info is during a recess. Light My point is there is no reason Light cannot obtain his identity.

"Light was given 15 minutes to get what research he can on The Judge and gets a gun during a recess"

He gets to start researching the absolute moment the 15 minutes starts. There's no way Judge would give out his name during trail. He doesn't like getting off topic and punishes those who pull off the topic of the trail.

"If he can't get his name by the end of the 15 minutes. Then he has to resort to killing him by his own means."

The moment the 15 minutes are up. If he isn't capable of finding the judges name and killing with with the death note. He resorts to killing him physically without the death note. Since it would be useless without the judges name. That's how the situation is.

"All Light has to do is figure out which one it is, then hack in. He is a genius, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume he could simply probe the Judge for details like that and then figure out the rest."

In 15 minutes. He figures out where the judge was born in what hospital, hacks into it, and gets his name in the course of only 15 minutes. While only having access to earlier pre tech phones that he has. That's not realistic even for a genius of lights level. He isn't liking even gonna be able to talk to the judge. The judge wouldn't be where light could get to him. Likely in his own quarters or the main room. Which he wouldn't be able to go in during recess.

Back