• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"I feed off your emotions" Shuppet vs Penelope Spectra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Shuppet's status as a ghost, he shouldn't be affected by most of Penelope's hax. This would still leave Low-High regen left to deal with however. But I think that AP advantage + Curse Manipulation would allow it to eventually bypass it.

So long as Shuppet has negative emotion like rage and sadness then Penelope can absorb it, she's not taking your life force just your emotions. Yeah I know how it sounds, she absorbs only negative emotions but steals all your emotion.

Not that her empathy absorption really matters tho since it will just make Shuppet emotionless, it would still be capable of fighting.

Ghosts can also possesses other ghosts so Penelope can take possession over Shuppet.

What's Shuppets's Curse Manipulation anyway.

@LordGriffin1000:

Speaking as the one who made the Shuppet profile, the Curse Manipulation is likely the use of the move Curse for Shuppet.

Speaking in terms of game mechanics, when a Ghost-type Pokemon uses the move Curse, the user loses half of their maximum HP, rounded down -This typically faints the user if they have less than that remaining- & inflicts the "Curse" status to the target. The Curse then takes away about 25% of the victim's maximum HP at the end of each turn.

Unsure how we treat it on the Wiki; Other profiles may provide preference.

On our profile for Gengar, the move is described as such:

• Curse: Gengar evokes a curse by reducing as much of half of its own health. The opponent is then "cursed" and gradually sapped of their own health until either unconsciousness or death.
Unlike Shuppet, Banette & Mega Banette do have focus on curses, but it's a bit vague with them. (And likely irrelevant here.) https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Banette_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries Ruby & Sapphire entries, & Mega Banette Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon entries are most relevant Banette & Mega Banette's cursing abilities.

Also:

"Yeah I know how it sounds, she absorbs only negative emotions but steals all your emotion."

Please clarify? You mean if she absorbs the negative emotions of someone, they lose all their emotions? For example, they become unable to become happy, surprised, amused, etc. IN ADDITION to becoming unable to become sad, mad, scared, etc.?

Nonetheless, does her "Empathy Absorption" (It's what the profile calls it.) give her any benefits other than eternal youth?

Admittedly, I'd question how combat relevant the benefits of Shuppet's Empathic Manipulation are. Some Pokedex entries that may help reach a conclusion:

"SHUPPET grows by feeding on dark emotions, such as vengefulness and envy, in the hearts of people. It roams through cities in search of grudges that taint people."

"It feeds on the dark emotions of sadness and hatred, which make it grow steadily stronger."

(Admittedly, Shuppet probably needs some minor revisions based on level-up movepool. Screech, Wil-O'-Wisp, Embargo & Snatch stand out as reasons. But, this ain't a revision thread.)

What I mean is she absorbs negative emotions and you lose all yours. You don't feel Happy, Sad, or Angry. You just become emotionless shell.

I don't remember but I think it's just eternal youth for her human body. However this weakness of her needing to feed no longer applies after she creates a new human body that doesn't age.

Note: Danny Phantom ghosts are about to go from Low-High Regenerationn to Mid-High. Gonna make the thread later.

@Imaginym

I guess I'll close this until the characters revisions are done.

I might have a few other things to add to the Danny Phantom ghosts besides the Regenerationn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back