• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I can feel your suffering Grath, let me help (The Queenslayer vs Dry Leonhard) (0/2/0)

finally. someone gets it

Jokes aside, Queenslayer in Low 6-B is approximately 2.6 Teratons, whereas Dry Leonhard is about 6.7 Teratons. A bit over a 2x AP advantage for Dry Leonhard; quite notable, though not completely decisive.

Queenslayer seems to have a large ability and hax advantage, though it's hard to say exactly how much without more context on Dry's abilities. Precog could be a massive advantage on Dry's part, though otherwise, Queenslayer has almost every ability Dry has and way more, including tons of potential one-shot stuff (like Leak, to completely rot away Dry's blood in seconds, or Tranquil Slice, to spatially manipulate Dry and create a vaccum where he stood before)

I'm overall leaning towards Queenslayer, though I'd still like more context on Dry as a whole. Especially regarding Precog; since that seems to be his most notable ability.

Basically, his special ability Mandala lets him look ahead into literal possibilities, and he uses that to figure out the actual future. He then actualizes the possibility that he wishes for into reality.

One thing to note is that Dry's waves have power nulling propierties, either simply destroying paranormal power in Knight Run or not allowing someone to use it if they are directly hit.

On top of this, am not sure what is gonna happen if he manages to closes the distance with Queenslayer considering the massive skill ladder Dry stands on top of.

I see. So, how does Mandala actualise the possibility into reality? Is it based entirely on his input and being able to do it correctly, or is it more like probability manipulation where he just changes a certain outcome to have a 100% chance of happening?

Considering the wording, the best way I can explain it is like, imagine him having a ton of pictures of possible scenarios. When he finds one he likes, he chooses it and that's reality what ends up happening.

It is sadly not explained nearly as much as we would like.

Ergh... I see. If that's really how it works, then this is probably actually a stomp for Dry. Since he can just like... choose the future he wins in, and he'd have no reason not to.

As far as I understand, he can't go quite that far ahead with it. Like, actualizing reality to make the possibility of him winning in 10 minutes happen right now.

Is more veering things off in a certain direction, since he mostly secures the immediate future.

Though I can understand if you think that's still a stomp. I'd wait for Witch to come in clase I am explaining it wrong.

From what we know he can only do it for pretty small things, he cant just be like "I win", my assumption is that he can make his attacks land, maybe make opponents miss and little stuff like that he can also use it to precog what the opponent would do. The really strong part of it is its use combined with wave techniques.

Well, I'll wait for more input. Point is, without Mandala, I would say they both have situations where they could kill each other. And by the sound of things, with Mandala, Dry could just choose the situation where he wins.

@Rocker1189

Hmm... in that case, this might be fair, though I'm not sure. How likely is he to use it, how often, and to what extent?

We usually tend to ignore the whole substantialization thingy of Mandala due to how poor defined the ability is in that regard. The actual reality warping direction is funnily supported from the spoilers i readed in the current arc. Cant use it as evidence though, cant read korean.

So, how trigger savvy is The QS with his hax, how much is vectorless (I think and you ded) and how good is his powernull resistance?

Waves can null a really wide amount of haxxes (Blood manip included) and power null things that can powernull things. Worst come worse, Queenslayer is forced into a brawl with Dry.

Well, it's kind of hard to say what the QS does in character, since he's an RPG protagonist. :p

Even so, he's usually depicted as very resourceful, intelligent, and adaptable. It's likely he'd rely on the hax that would actually get him the win quite quickly, and there are several hax he has that could one-shot Dry (as far as I can tell).

It seems like from his profile that his power null just nulls supernatural things? In which case, I'm not sure if it's work against QS' hax (since, while bizarre and extreme, the story makes a point to explain the way everything works in rather normal ways). For example, he gets immortality from an advanced parasite.

Paranormal abilities is just a laymans term from Knight Run and refers to things a normal human woudnt be able to do. There are Paranormal powers that people are born with, to the point where those people have actual organs for that ability, to things that people can train into. Both get equally offed by Waves.

I guessed so, then again to the other part of my question: How much is "i think you ded"? Every weapon based hax gets instanegged the moment they clash weapons and stay negged for a while

Ah, that explains it. In that case, power null probably works for him. QS technically also has power null, but it's function is so vaguely defined in the story that I'm not sure how to evaluate it.

QS doesn't have much in terms of thought-based hax, per say, but he does have plenty of hax (like Leak and Tranquil Slice) that he can activate nearly instantly and from far away. And since QS can die and resurrect to join the battle again, he can probably wear off the power null if it's only temporary.

The reason I don't really mention QS' power null much is just because it's a bit too vague. We know that it nullifies abilities, and it states that it "seals the abilities of the opponent away". The problem is, it's entirely unclear what the limits are (like, what it can null and what it can't null). It should at least be able to null the vast majority of the abilities the QS has, and so probably the abilities they share in common with Dry can be nulled.

Leak is done from long range as a projectile, so it can be dodged. Tranquil Slice could theoretically be dodged, since it's another slightly vague ability, though it seems to outright spawn on the exact position the enemy is at. So it's probably not possible to dodge it.

QS is only effectivly nulling Dry's Fire Manipulation, considering that Waves can null other Waves no problem. Everything else is Waves, passive or required a extremly powerful, Physics breaking weapon to seal (Mandala and even then, Mandala sealed it in exchange too)

The thing is that, haxes that arent instant can be dodged or powernulled thanks to Mandala. Dry can potentially prevent QS whenever he winds up for a hax he cant deal with.

I see. I'm a bit confused on how the powernull works; like, is it passive? Does he just activate it in-character early?

Yes and no.

Waves, which are a natural byproduct of his martial arts, empower his attacks and are sent out in, well, Waves with range and AoE. They are the ones that have power null, either nulling shit they hit or the people with the powers after hitting them.

Power nulling sword beams.

Yeah, my bad, Waves come in lazers, projectiles or on their weapons, imagine Ki.

So, do we have a conclusion?

If I'm being honest... eh.

Dry can nullify literally almost every single ability the Queenslayer has, meaning that the QS would have to fight head-on. In a head-on match, it's already been established that Dry has a massive AP advantage, a ridiculous skill scaling chain that would make it reasonably impossible for QS to compare, and Mandala means that he could just choose for the QS to never be able to hit him.

As far as I see it, this is a stomp. Dry practically nulls anything and everything the QS can do, and there is literally no possible way for QS to win head-on, especially with Mandala in mind.

My vote only goes if this isn't decided as a stomp, I am neutral about it mostly.

Doesn't the QS have the ressurrection for a second try after getting a taste for what he can do?

Yes, he ca resurrect, but it's quite easy to negate his resurrection (as severely damaging QS heart = instant death with no revive). It would be no problem for someone with a large skill advantage.

My point is that, in regards to win-cons, Dry's Power Null means that QS needs to do a head-to-head melee fight in order to win, as every other possible win-con is negated. And in a head-to-head melee fight, QS still can't win, as Mandala alone means that QS physically can't even hit Dry. On top of this, Dry has every other win-con without restrictions, which as far as I'm aware means he wouldn't even have to get close to QS, and in a close range match Dry still has every single reasonable advantage to a massive extent (such as a large AP and Skill gap).

QS' only method of fighting Dry is a head-to-head match, which due to AP, Skill, and Mandala isn't possible to win.

Dry is stomping the dude who no diffed Byleth huh.

Feels bad man, seems like the road to revive Knight Runs glory is long and bumpy. Sigh whatever, i found a new victim, maybe that one is fair.

some Naruto characters would be High 7-A soon, I think (or they might skip it and enter 6-C) but either way maybe you could end up matching with them, they are popular so should get some popularity with matches against them. I would be split between both though

Back