• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, why do people think organ busting is her skill of choice? It was just a random thing she did in vol 3, literally never used in any other appearance she had.

So I'd just like to note that there's nothing stopping Shalltear from charming Hunter into a super hypnosis.

The Hunter has resistance to physical Mind manipulations, like the Virus or Effluvium. Shalltear's Mind Manipulation is magic-based, so her Mind Manip. would still work.

And no, for I know people are going to bring this up, just because the ability refers to resistance being able to ward off this ability, it's referring to the Overlord-Brand of Resistance. Not in general.

@Akre No it wouldn't. Verse equalization makes it function roughly the same.

Mr. Bambu said:
@Akre No it wouldn't. Verse equalization makes it function roughly the same.
No. That's not how verse Equalization works. The Hunter's resistance is strictly limited to PHYSICAL means of Mind Manipulation, like manipulating the chemicals in one's brain to get a desired outcome. Magically influencing someone's mind is fundementally different from a virus changing your brain chemistry. We don't equalize Ki (Dragon Ball) to say, Chakra or Reiatsu even though they function similarly and described similarly. We don't equalize all magic either as some has defined differences. The Magic of Overlord isn't going to be equalized to say, the Magic of Doctor Strange from the MCU.

Mate I don't like how verse equalization works either but I've been told multiple times that yes, that's how it works. Hunter resists mind manip, ergo, mind manip is resisted.

I agree it is pretty crap, but otherwise matches get convuluted so eh.

That literally makes absolutely no sense.

I can resist the chemicals in my brain from changing.

How does that in any way, shape, or form allow me to resist a Magic Caster from controlling my metaphysical consciousness?

The magic of the internet, dude. Like I said, I don't like the system either, but resisting this power is considered resisting it all around (AKA a "reasonable fashion").

Mr. Bambu said:
The magic of the internet, dude. Like I said, I don't like the system either, but resisting this power is considered resisting it all around (AKA a "reasonable fashion").
No.

We had a debate whenever resistence to mind manip gives resistance to sub-species of the ability and it was brought up that biological and the "spiritual" mind are different. Its not reasonable at all

Ages ago, on a Bloodborne thread. I believe it was Weekly.

The argument was that Moon Presence can negate healing, which is true, but the healing Moon Presence negates is based on its own blood, which I pointed out. Moon Presence can negate the healing properties of its own biology. The counter argument was "lol verse equal" and it was decided MP could negate the healing of the other character (Soul of Cinder).

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Mr. Bambu said:
No.
We had a debate whenever resistence to mind manip gives resistance to sub-species of the ability and it was brought up that biological and the "spiritual" mind are different. Its not reasonable at all
I'm not making an argument for it. Like I've said, I found the idea stupid.

Moon Presence doesnt negate its own healing, it negates the Hunter's healing which includes stuff from the Choir Bell and the Logarius Wheel

We'll move on from the subject, because I really just don't care about that old thread right now, Bloodborne has been enough of a headache and derailing a viable thread just ain't worth it.

How often does she lead with this in character? if it is 100% her opening move then yes, absolutely. If not, then I'd say power null comes into effect before she can use it effectively in which case my last vote still remains.

Wow... That was fast. Do you have a way to tell if someone mentions you weekly?

But U didn't mean to insult. I tend to be also biased, and am somewhat less of a skilled debator (but sometimes, you do push stuff for the sake of the character you like)

Mr. Bambu said:
How often does she lead with this in character? if it is 100% her opening move then yes, absolutely. If not, then I'd say power null comes into effect before she can use it effectively in which case my last vote still remains.
Is it her opening move? It's not.

IIRC she only used it twice, both was when she wanted to gain information.

Surprisingly it is. She opened at least once with it. You may say it's her opening move against "living" targets, not sort of undead with mental protection like Ainz.

Hypnosis is mind Manipulation. I already said that it works on things that resisted country mindhax. Also we don't know if Effluvium mess using chemicals in the first place.

Hunter is still immune to Fatalis' Black Blight, which is mindhax so it doesn't matter. Dragon Resistance also gives Hunter resistance to mindhax. And no, they're not biochemical. Dangerous First-Class Monsters abilities are not like that and don't let me started on Dragon Element.

Belyompusct said:
Surprisingly it is. She opened at least once with it. You may say it's her opening move against "living" targets, not sort of undead with mental protection like Ainz.
When?

She used hypnosis when she needed to interrogate that girl. But, okay, nevermind, Reinhard argues that Hunter is resistant to magical mind manip, which Shalltear's counts as.

Belyompusct said:
She used hypnosis when she needed to interrogate that girl. But, okay, nevermind, Reinhard argues that Hunter is resistant to magical mind manip, which Shalltear's counts as.
I already mentioned that in the post you were replying to- and it wasn't her "First move", she only did that after the girl brought out one of ainz's potion.

I'm going to have to trust reinhard's word on this as i'm not knowledgeable on monster hunter

Oh, wait, I made a mistake. Lute was monster rider, not monster Hunter (why don't you hunt down monster in a MH?). Black blight is out. Dragon Resistance is still a thing though. Again, it's not physical.

Oh. So Hunter does resist and she oesn't open with mind manip anyways. I guess Dragon Element is kinda mind manip so... oh well.

So. My vote defaults back to my old one, still Hunter based on Power Null and damaging opponents more and more the more intelligent they are.

"Hunter is still immune to Fatalis' Black Blight, which is mindhax so it doesn't matter. Dragon Resistance also gives Hunter resistance to mindhax. And no, they're not biochemical. Dangerous First-Class Monsters abilities are not like that and don't let me started on Dragon Element."

Nice try, but that's still a physical form of mind manipulation. It does NOT grant Hunter resistance to Shalltear's MAGICAL mind manipulation.

"It is unknown what exactly causes this mysterious state, however, the Hunter's Guild and Royal Paleontology Scriveners have been studying. Some locals believe that the Legendary Black Drago is the cause of this state, while others believe it is some kind of White Drago corrupted by the Black Blight."

From in-game lore and flavour texts, more evidence points to the Black Miasma being a physical toxin that infects beings rather than any form of magic. You claimed that Hunter can resist Shalltear's Hypnosis because of this mind hax resistance, you need to provide evidence that it's even magical.

Edit: Didn't see your new post.

"Dragon Resistance is still a thing though. Again, it's not physical."

Dragon Resistance is resistance to the Dragon Element. There's nothing in the lore that makes it come anywhere CLOSE to magical, or even if it's physical or not. Literally all it does is either make you damage dragons more or take less damage from dragons, and since Dragon Resistance allows you to resist Dragon Blight (Which has text pieces pointing to a more physical element rather than magical), I'm inclined to say Dragon Resistance would NOT allow you to resist Shalltear's Hyponosis.

Mr. Bambu said:
Oh. So Hunter does resist and she oesn't open with mind manip anyways. I guess Dragon Element is kinda mind manip so... oh well.
So. My vote defaults back to my old one, still Hunter based on Power Null and damaging opponents more and more the more intelligent they are.
No, Hunter does not resist and she opens with Mind Manip. almost everytime she's seen fighting living beings. The only time she didn't was due to the absolute abysmal level of her opponent to the point that they're not even equal a nail clipper to her, as well as later panicking when getting splashed with a potion of healing (Which damages undead).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back