• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humanity's Greatest Tournament Round 1 Match 3: Fanged Deserter VS Huijin Park (GRACE)

Fanged Deserter VS Huijin Park

gwKgwtc.jpeg

Rules
  • Speed will be equalized.
  • Both have their standard equipment but not their optional equipment.
  • Battles take place at the Grand Canyon.
  • Both start 40 meters away from each other and not within each others line of sight.
  • Both have a day of preparation but no knowledge on each other.
  • Fanged Deserter's Gotten Better Key is used.

"Disloyal, deranged or simply uncontrollable, any group that didn’t boot you out you left anyway.": 1
"Don't you think it'd be a bit silly to drown when you have a set of wings?": 0

"Inconclusive": 8

02p2bqq.png

Last edited:
Oh thank goodness. Fang's optional equipment was scary af.

Anyway adaptation doesn't really sound like adaptation. Disease manip is a nice way to win. Is the bone skull crushing thing an instant haxx or nah? I think it kinda gets countered though.

3.54 vs 2.331. Advantage on Hujin. Massive LS advantage on her too. Regeneration might help keep the disease at bay

As of right now I think Hujin Park has just the right skillset to pull off the win here. I'll wait depending on what else Fang has though.

Big game changers are the maximum damage, fate manip, and fear effects though

Last edited:

Anyway adaptation doesn't really sound like adaptation. Disease manip is a nice way to win. Is the bone skull crushing thing an instant haxx or nah? I think it kinda gets countered though.

3.54 vs 2.331. Advantage on Hujin. Massive LS advantage on her too. Regeneration might help keep the disease at bay

As of right now I think Hujin Park has just the right skillset to pull off the win here. I'll wait depending on what else Fang has though.

So you vote for Huijin or are you gonna wait for @Peppersalt43?

We have lots of info on Fanged from this old thread

I kinda wanna wait for @Peppersalt43

With that said, from the looks of it, whether or not Huijin gets instakilled by the 1/6 chance of Horseshoe Skull Wrecking + Fate Manip to boost the chance of it working depends on if High Low Regen can cover from that kind of cranial trauma.

Because with that high of a Lifting Strength difference, Huijin could snap his neck with her thighs once she's in range, assuming the Boomerang Bone Magic doesn't do her in first.

Last edited:
We have lots of info on Fanged from this old thread
But that requires wooork and reaaadiiing

Also yeah I'll wait for Pepper to respond first.

I kinda wanna wait for @Peppersalt43

With that said, from the looks of it, whether or not Huijin gets instakilled by the 1/6 chance of Horseshoe Skull Wrecking + Fate Manip to boost the chance of it working depends on if High Low Regen can cover from that kind of cranial trauma.

Because with that high of a Lifting Strength difference, Huijin could snap his neck with her thighs once she's in range, assuming the Boomerang Bone Magic doesn't do her in first.
How fast is her regeneration again? I know it was pretty fast with that mantis girl fight.

Also lucky.

But that requires wooork and reaaadiiing

Also yeah I'll wait for Pepper to respond first.
Me, who already read both of Fanged Deserter's threads yesterday night: [I am four parallel universes ahead of you.]
How fast is her regeneration again? I know it was pretty fast with that mantis girl fight.
That can't be used as a reference since that was Post-Midterms Huijin, who accessed the life force of an entire cockroach swarm and can regen from decapitatation and her head being exploded, which is impossible for the normal Roach Complex.

With that said, between her showings against the Earwig and Roach's Form Maehwa, flesh wounds get healed in seconds, stuff like regrowing forelimbs takes a couple lines of dialogue, and healing from a chunk of her side being taken out takes a couple minutes.
Also lucky.
Thick Thighs Take Lives

Perfect 👀 now solve everything. Also damn she really did it.

Dang I thought it was an ability she had even with that in mind. If the disease thing takes minutes then I think she can counter it if she's not hit too many times with it.

Nope, brain and fatal damage requires Low-Mid
In that case this match is another first hit wins. (I mean technically from reading the other thread it seems like the Horse w/ Omen has a 30% chance of instakilling? But that's per hit and people can attack multiple times)

Considering that they're starting from 40 meters apart, and the Death Horseshoe's a ranged weapon which aimbots towards the skull regardless of if the dude can see Huijin (Toss it blind + Omen = Lucky Hit right?), leaning toward Fanged Deserter

(Feel free to correct anything I get wrong)

Yeah, that's about right

Deserter FRA
I don't think Ela is voting for Deserter just yet. More leanin---

Well Dang. Huijin's got awful Tournament luck.

Deserter FRA
While I was reading the thread you posted this lol.

Anyway. From what I saw there was a massive argument (and walls of texts ew) that debated the likelihood of this ability being used right away. It seems like it's likelier that the Horseshoe is used first. Where did you get the homing part?

Though it's 30% with the Omen apparently it has to hit in the first place.

Battlefield also important.

Grand Canyon. They start within 40 meter distance but cannot see each other. Is Hujin the type to hide and strategize? Or the type to head on? (I feel like it's latter). Is she the type to tank hits or dodge? Depending on the answer here Imma vote Fanged or Hujin cause I think if Hujin gets close Fanged is dead

Anyway. From what I saw there was a massive argument (and walls of texts ew) that debated the likelihood of this ability being used right away. It seems like it's likelier that the Horseshoe is used first. Where did you get the homing part?
While throwing the Horseshoe itself isn't homing, Omens let's you reroll a fumble, meaning if the throw misses, it can just not-miss instead. Or if it gets blocked (either by the opponent or the environment), it can just be not-blocked.
Though it's 30% with the Omen apparently it has to hit in the first place.
Yeah, per-throw, and it comes back to his hand each time. The chance of missing twice in a row is less than 50%, and three times is less than 30%.

And they start 40 meters away, with speed equalized.

While throwing the Horseshoe itself isn't homing, Omens let's you reroll a fumble, meaning if the throw misses, it can just not-miss instead. Or if it gets blocked (either by the opponent or the environment), it can just be not-blocked.

Yeah, per-throw, and it comes back to his hand each time. The chance of missing twice in a row is less than 50%, and three times is less than 30%.

And they start 40 meters away, with speed equalized.
Makes sense. My issue is I'm not sure if this is like 5e tabletop you can fumble twice, like rolling two natural 1s. I'm also assuming it's just gameplay mechanics that they only have d2 amount of it though.

Think there's a chance that Hujin grabs it once she realizes it's like a boomerang? Cause there's a chance she dies, but there's also a good chance she negates the weapon by just snatching it up.

Yup but not within each others line of sight as rulings say. Day's prep also means Hujin can do Hujin things prior to battle, whatever that might be.

Think there's a chance that Hujin grabs it once she realizes it's like a boomerang? Cause there's a chance she dies, but there's also a good chance she negates the weapon by just snatching it up.
That would break her hand which I guess is better since that's something she can regen

It only says the skull. Is it an implication where the bones are crushed if it hits? It's also luck based there too from what it looks.
Huh, I thought it was all bones

Also yeah, if it's luck based, they can just omen it to success

Another thing to note is that besides the horse shoe, they also have a slingshot which they can damage boost to one-shot levels via wizard teeth so there's that as well

Another thing to note is that besides the horse shoe, they also have a slingshot which they can damage boost to one-shot levels via wizard teeth so there's that as well
But they typically start with the Horseshoe right?

It sounds like the vorpal blade in 5e where if it's a crit you instakill someone by slicing their head off. Hm. Might be dodgeable or at least if it hits Hujin she might be able to survive losing a limb.

Any melee options?

Gonna leave a vote for Hujin tho

Yeah, until...
Alright, the max damage happens when you roll a six on a d6- 4 rolls for 4 teeth, (5/6)^4 = ~48.2253% of not rolling a 6, ~51.7747% of rolling at least one 6

Speed equalized brings combats equal to the slower one, using high-end Average Human speed of 7.7 m/s since there's an At least, and they're 40 meters away, so about 5.1948 seconds to clear that distance, if the two were in eyesight.

30% Chance Huijin's instakilled, so 70% Chance she's not-

Speed's equalized so let's say there's a 50 / 50 catches it, so 35% chance she catches it and 35% chance she doesn't and Fang tries again with the Horseshoe

Of the 35% chance she catches, and starts running toward Fang's direction, Fang will switch to Old Sling + Wizard Teeth

After all four teeth are shot, that's a 51.7747% chance there was one 6 rolled, meaning Huijin gets hit by the amped teeth - 51.7747% of 35 is ~18.12114%

48.2253% chance Huijin, or ~16.87886% was not one-shot and only took 4 regular hits, and at this point it's definitely been more than 5.1948 seconds meaning she enters close range.

Of the 35% chance she does not catch and starts running towards Fang's direction, Fang uses Horseshoe again

That's a 30% chance of being instakilled by the 2nd Horseshoe throw- 30% of 35 is 10.5%

24.5% chance she isn't instakilled by the 2nd Horseshow throw, catching or not catching split 50 / 50 again, and at this point it's been more than 5.1948 seconds meaning she enters close range.

In summary- (assuming there's a 50/50 chance of her catching the Horseshoe)
  • 30%- Huijin's instakilled by the first horseshoe throw
  • 18.12114%- Huijin catches and gets hit by amped Wizard's teeth
  • 16.87886%- Huijin catches and enters close range
  • 10.5%- Huijin's instakilled by the second horseshoe throw
  • 12.25%- Huijin catches and enters close range
  • 12.25%- Huijin doesn't catch and enters close range.
40.5% chance Huijin is one-shot before entering close range
41.37886% chance Huijin enters close range
18.12114% chance Huijin gets hit by the amped Wizard's teeth, and while you said that's a one-shot AP boost, that doesn't sound like instakill magic like the Horseshoe

Speed amp goes brrrr
Fate Manip gg

Anywho, as it stands, there's a very slight higher chance of Huijin getting into close range with the Fanged Deserter- at which point Huijin quickly dominates- than the Fanged Deserter instakilling Huijin with Death's Horseshoe, but that difference is tiny and there's also the unknown of Huijin getting hit with an amped Wizard's Teeth since she could survive or be killed by it.

So I'm Voting Inconclusive

Fate Manip gg

Anywho, as it stands, there's a very slight higher chance of Huijin getting into close range with the Fanged Deserter- at which point Huijin quickly dominates- than the Fanged Deserter instakilling Huijin with Death's Horseshoe, but that difference is tiny and there's also the unknown of Huijin getting hit with an amped Wizard's Teeth since she could survive or be killed by it.

Vote Counted

Fate Manip gg

Didn't you calc it to be just around 60% chance she can get close (40/60 of that she gets there safely) and 40% she dies??

I'll swap my vote to a tie if there's enough ties tho

Back