• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hulk upgrade: Gamma uproar part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Create another key or profile or you can slap him with the "varies" tier since he has varied power level and inconsistent.
Either way he has consistently fought Thor so we cannot keep writing it off as PIS or outlier.

Create another key or profile or you can slap him with the "varies" tier since he has varied power level and inconsistent.
Either way he has consistently fought Thor so we cannot keep writing it off as PIS or outlier.
An extra key may be necessary, yes.

I am perfectly fine that Savage Hulk is comparable if not superior to regular Thor I agree given Hulk arguably having no limit to how much stronger he could become and agree that his fight scenes between him and regular Thor isn't a full argument against potential Skyfather level threat. But key words are "Isn't full" and I feel like it's a middle road area. Hulk's "Limitless potential" also shouldn't be taken too extreme to the point and I doubt reach Low 1-A through anger for example, but the focus is 2-A here.

So I am more or less neutral here.

I am perfectly fine that Savage Hulk is comparable if not superior to regular Thor I agree given Hulk arguably having no limit to how much stronger he could become and agree that his fight scenes between him and regular Thor isn't a full argument against potential Skyfather level threat. But key words are "Isn't full" and I feel like it's a middle road area. Hulk's "Limitless potential" also shouldn't be taken too extreme to the point and I doubt reach Low 1-A through anger for example, but the focus is 2-A here.

So I am more or less neutral here.
You never know, looks like hulk is gonna get another big change to his mythos

Uhhhh, why? Is there any... proof of Hulk being in a different named key? Or is this the good old "Antvasima is upgradaphobic"?
No. Hulk just very blatantly used to be outclassed by skyfathers even in his WWH form, so we should at least make a note of that his power has grown a lot.

No. Hulk just very blatantly used to be outclassed by skyfathers even in his WWH form, so we should at least make a note of that his power has grown a lot.
No not really, I’m pretty sure it was stated WWH was going to original fight OF Thor in his storyline rather then sentry. Not really, it’s been stated repeatedly over the years that he gets stronger the angrier he gets and he had no limit to his rage.

Um ok, what about hulk
Savage hulk even later goes on to fight a fully powered od force Thor who was straight up going full power
Savage hulk’s power has even been stated to potentially surpass the power of celestials
From my understanding, Joe Fixit Hulk is scaling to incomplete Odinforce Thor, and Savage Hulk would be scaling to full Odinforce Thor and Celestials, so unless I'm missing something, wouldn't that make Hulk High 1-B once Ultima's revision goes through?

I do not know. It seems extremely exaggerated, but Marvel Comics is insanely inconsistent.

From my understanding, Joe Fixit Hulk is scaling to incomplete Odinforce Thor, and Savage Hulk would be scaling to full Odinforce Thor and Celestials, so unless I'm missing something, wouldn't that make Hulk High 1-B once Ultima's revision goes through?
I guess, but for now they’ll both be 2-a considering incomplete OF Thor is 2-a
I do not know. It seems extremely exaggerated, but Marvel Comics is insanely inconsistent.
Maybe if it was stated a couple times but it’s been stated through out most of his history

An argument can be made tho as Hulk has been shown to be consistently comparable to Thor better than most Heralds.

The heckling for my caution and skepticism is getting very old.
It's a running gag(with reason to exist beyond skepticism, mind you) That you don't like anything upgrade-related for Marvel and DC, I'll stop making the comments all but to your face, but trying to get me to cease making them on places not on the wiki isn't gonna happen, I'm sorry

I don't like anything that seems excessively inconsistent. I don't mind well-proven upgrades in themselves.

Yes, exactly. I have extremely extensive experiences of the authors continuously contradicting each other and not caring at all about logic and consistency regarding matchups between characters.

Well, we have to decide in what manner we should add them. Should we add extra keys or not? The Hulk definitely didn't use to be able to reach a skyfather level of raw power.

Well, we have to decide in what manner we should add them. Should we add extra keys or not? The Hulk definitely didn't use to be able to reach a skyfather level of raw power.
His always had the potential to do so, so savage hulk doesn’t need an extra key just up his rating. The only one that needs a new key is Joe since he actually has a new form

Well, I still have the impression that it is a massive upgrade, but if is an official retcon, I suppose that we will likely have to play along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back