• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How was Goku's speed measured?

I'm talking about Piccolo Jr Saga to Buu Saga because as a kid didn't Goku dodge lasers and didn't he also dodge the solar flare?

I am not sure if they accept the best feats like Goku swatting away the Death Beams, dodging the lasers, and escaping the Imprisonment Light Ball explosion.

RouninOtaku said:
how did you get him being relativistic in combat speed in Freeza saga?
I assumed that the growth in combat speed and travel speed were linear for Goku

He dodged A-K47 bullets as a kid, which have a velocity of 1599.41 miles. With the Ultra Divine Water he became 10x stronger faster, etc. So he would be 15,994.1 mph at the end of the show.

Assuming his combat speed increases proportionally with his travel speed. The gap between Goku's intial speed in Dragon Ball Z to his speed after Kaiosama's training would be a ~19.43x increase (He went from being under mach 1.5 due to needing Kinto-un to being able to cross Serpent Way which is 1,000,000 km in 28 hours which makes him ~mach 29) that increase would make him fight at 310,855.3 miles per hour. The manga states he increased ten-fold in speed after training under 100x gravity. So it would be 3,108,553 mph. With his zenkai I got him to be 99,815,118.8265 mph. Which is relativistic

This is all speculation though, since I just assumed his combat speed proporionally increased with Traverse Speed.

RouninOtaku said:
If we account him being LS as a kid, how much faster would he be in Freeza saga? Would he be FTL+?
With my numbers, MFTL+, I guess he would be FTL+ or MFTL with this wiki's scaling.

I hope Toriyama makes Super less inconsitent, since there are parts in Z where they go so slow that regular citizens could see them during fights.

Well, in BoG and DBS Vegeta was dodging hundreds of lasers in the gravity chamber in base. Considering that Base Goku and Vegeta are >=Frieza, they would all be FTL+ BUT that is assuming the lasers he was dodging were actually lightspeed.

RouninOtaku said:
Even if kid Goku dodging the lasers aren't LS, the Solar Flare is
He could have gotten the glasses while Tenshinhan was performing his pose, with the speed I got him (AK-47 dodging) it would have taken him ~5 miliseconds to get the glasses and go back to Tenshinhan.

I am hoping Dragon Ball Super will cause everyone from DBZ (Like Cell) to be bumped up in speed and Destructive Capability.

Back