• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to tier characters that are beyond dimensional, but not particularly powerful?

The description for tier 1A says: "a being or an object which is outside and beyond all dimensions of time and space. This is something completely formless, abstract, metaphysical and transcendental."

It seems perfectly reasonable for such a being to satisfy those requirements while not being particularly powerful. Say we have such a character, which transcends all dimensions as a 1A should, but it's only way of interacting with normal universes is by creating an avatar which is no more powerful than a human. So, it's attack potency would only be 10B or maybe 10A.

It's possible the key is here: from the description for tier 1A: "mere capability to exist in a beyond dimensional domain does not qualify a character as a beyond dimensional being."

Potentially, that answers my question, but I want to make sure I'm not reading into that incorrectly. How I'm interpreting that is that attack potency matters more for calculating tier than the actual nature of the characters existence.

But that would just raise more questions. Like, what kind of attack would be required for 1A? Ability to affect other 1A things? Conceptual manipulation or something similar? Ability to manipulate reality itself in some meaningful way? And again, what if we have a character with beyond dimensional existence, who also has beyond dimensional attacks, meaning they could affect 1A characters, but has no, or very limited, way of interacting with dimensional universes?

Really depends, are they unable to affect universes because they aren't portrayed to have complete superiority over dimensional structures, or is it only the applications of their powers that are limited thus forcing them to use avatars instead of changing the universe in whatever way they want.

The former would disprove 1-A completely, the latter I don't think it will although i'm not entirely sure.

Back