• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to scale sorting infinity

If a beings mind is fast or powerful enough to the point where they can percieve, sort etc infinity, in this case sort an infinite timeline that has infinite possiblities in a limited amount of time how does this scale on the wiki? Would it count as immeasurable reaction/mind speed?

We would likely just rate that as a powerful form of Clairvoyance rather than speed.

Numerous characters on this wiki, such as Fate's Gilgamesh and Yhwach, have that without having such speeds.

Wouldnt sorting "infnite" information require your mind to be of an immeasurable level of speed in terms of "processing" speed?

Like a computer being able to calculate "infinity" that would be different to foresight or clairvoyance?

I do ont know much about Gilgamesh and Yhwach but they can forsee the future, not necesserily sort/understand infinity right?

Context matters.

In the examples I listed, Gilgamesh and Yhwach are able to perceive all possible futures and make the most optimal decisions based on them with no lag between their thoughts and abilities.

If you're doing it through pure speed like The Flash, who can process quadrillions of thoughts per second and perceive things in terms of an attosecond, then yes.

However, doing so with just an ability would likely be sorted into the Clairvoyance examples listed above.

In addition, anyone can sort or understand infinity. Mathematicians and quantum physicists do it all the time. Processing an infinite amount of data about the timeline alone is not nearly enough to provide any sort of usable rating.

Do you have a character in mind or is this purely hypothetical?

It was more about the time travelling Vampire kain who used the Chronoplast which allows one to see the timestream (the timeline and all possiblities) to sort out what actions and events (and timelines) he had to visit and manipulate to get his end goal. Here he says there were paths streaming out into the infinite in regards to time. The quote here;

"I did not fathom the true power of knowledge, to know the future Raziel, to see its paths and streams tracing out into the infinite, as a man, I could never have contained such forbidden truths "

I asked the developer of the series Daniel Cabuco and he said;

"Remember Kain's line "As a man, I could never contain such forbidden truths" at the end of SR1/intro to SR2. Infinite possibility"

Sort of confirming what Kain said on the infinite streams of time and possbility. kain successfuly percieves and understands this, which is apparently something beyond human ability. He also says;

"Moebius sees the time stream the same way Kain does: through the Chronoplast. He's the Guardian of the Time Pillar so his ability is separate from the Elder God's.

Before you think,"Well that's not such a great thing then. Not a reall 'power' per se." Think about this: When he looks into the Chronoplast, he sees the various weavings of time, wrapping, unfolding and refolding, and is able to take it in without going mad."

So without special powers or intelligent you apparently go mad looking at it and need an inhuman intelligence to sort the infinity the Chronoplast shows you.

Kain evidently succeeds in his plans and defeats Moebius and the Elder God, the former as above stated can read it just as well if not better than he can and the Elder God who exiists "unilaterally" through time (think like Doctor manhattan?)

I guess my question is, if a beings mind can process an infnite timeline and sort it out, which is beyond just all "possiblities" when the possiblities as described by Daniel are actually infinite in a finite time frame would the beings mind be immeserable in speed? Would it be a speed feat, intelligence? both?

I would lean towards both since you would require immeasrable speed to process infinite information while on the other hand, you would also have to be extremely clever to make sense of it all and beat others who can do it too.

Your thoughts good sir?

It says on the page it takes millions of years for it to calculate infinity? Kain took less than 100 years if I recall.

I would not personally compare this to travel speed, but of course, if your mind and reactions process extremely fast your going to be able to fathom everything your opponent is doing faster than the first Planck unit of time (if your mind is infinitely fast).

Course if your too slow physically its less useful than if you had the travel speed to match.

The difference between infinity and 1 is the same with infinity and decillions, so how many years it need to take is doesn't that matter as it still infinity, Kain is just on higher level, also I say this travel speed to the rest of stellaris profile(which is outdated but i'm just lazy to updated it) and not the infinity machine and they only have travel speed as it is virtually impossible to determine their combat speed.

No, it does not fit with our Intelligence ratings. You can, however, mention examples of his mental feats in a few sentences beside his rating.

Cool I mentioned that on the profile. What of the speed ratings? Lightbuster and Reppuzan mentioned it should give "infnite" or "immeasurable" thinking speed and noted the flash. Can I change the speed value to "iimmeasurable" thinking speed? I see your speed rating deals with reaction time and those levels.

I do not think that is what they said. Reppuzan seems to think that it should go under Clairvoyance, which is fine with me.

I also do not know if what you are claiming is an accurate assessment, so I am the wrong person to ask about this.

Back