• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How strong would you need to be to be able to lift a black hole?

It wouldn't be lifting strength, since a black hole is technically just pure gravity, more some kind of power.

This question can be revised into "How strong would you need to be to resist the graviational pull of a black hole?"

This thread is giving me a big sense of Deja V├╣.

@Tactical I guess...? Then again, I don't even know how you can properly grab a black hole since it has infinite density, and it's not exactly a solid object.

The only way I can see someone moving a black hole without throwing too much logic out of the window is through telekinesis, which already throws logic out of the window since it's a fictional power.

@Blitz You cannot resist it as it affects you down to your very atoms. You specifically have to resist it through Resistance, not through sheer power.

@Blitz You cannot resist it as it affects you down to your very atoms. You specifically have to resist it through Resistance, not through sheer power.

Is there a fictional character who resists it through sheer power alone?

Lifting a Black Hole is normal lifting strength. Resisting the tidal force is a different thing, I don't now if it can be calculated or attributed to AP/Durability, in most cases its just resistance.

Honestly, a black hole shouldn't be grabbable. The singularity ie. the mass containing portion of the black hole is a point. A point, being a 0-D thing shouldn't be able to logically be grabbed physically. The mass itself, of the black hole, should logically be equal to the star it used to be, so one can just throw logic out of the window and use Stellar lifting strength.

The irony of writing logically multiple times only to throw it at the end

DMB 1 said:
It is as grabbable as any infinitely dense object that atomizes you with its sheer gravity as soon as you enter its event horizon.
Density = Mass/Volume

Infinite Density doesn't mean infinite mass.

Also, that's the sheer power of a black hole's gravity that atomizes you (like calcs with violent fragmentation, pulverization, vaporization, atomization, etc), not a special ability of gravity to destroy atoms.

Back