• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How powerful are bullets, lightening strikes, lasers and sound(aka extremely loud noises)

If I'm reading this question properly and recalling the general numbers correctly:
  • Almost all bullets are Street level unless they're blatantly shown doing more damage.
  • Lightning strikes should be Wall level.
  • Lasers vary with each showing because fiction is inconsistent like that. Some are Wall level, a number of them have gone up to Building level, and a few of them have even had Large Planet level energy output and beyond. (Death Star I comes to mind)
  • Sound also varies with each showing, and is really hard to quantify unless there's a statement with a specific given decibel count of whatever the sound/sound-based attack is. This thing's AP relies entirely on sound output and it's capable of peaking at (and potentially surpassing) Universe level damage with its sound.
EDIT: I missed. Lightning strikes are low-end Building level, not Wall level. Forgive me. I'm tired at the moment.

Bullets being shot from a gun varies.

Lightning Strikes are around 1.10*10^9 J.

What type of laser?

Bullets:
I'm going to assume you mean only small arms and all the way up to anti-material rifles. It depends on the cartridge and firearm used. Bullet kinetic energies can vary from 10-A (100 to 200 Joules) for small .22 LR pocket pistols all the way up to solid 9-B (30 to 40 kilojoules) for something like a 14.5x114mm anti-material rifle. Most common cartridges used throughout the world for police and military purposes are 9-C with most pistol calibre rounds being between 400 and 1000 joules while most assault rifle rounds are in the range of 1500 to 2500 joules. Full caliber rifle rounds can be high end 9-C to low end 9-B (3000 to 7000 joules).

However, you actually need a greater tier of durability than these KE energies in order to tank a bullet since the energy is all focused on one point. There are calcs for these but I can't seem to find them. Doesn't help that my net is shit right now.

Lightning is 8-C (around 5 Gigajoules).

Lasers:
Varies greatly depending on the fiction and purpose. You have laser pistols as low as street level and all the way up to solid star level superlasers. There might of course be even more ridiculous ones out there.

I'll let someone else handle the sound question. However, I will say that I know of two fictional characters who have showcased 7-B (city level) destruction with sound based attacks.

Is there a page on this wiki talking about weapons and their stats?

I see. How interesting, 8-C lightening thunder! lol

Let's say that the lasers I want to talk about in this post are red security lasers for instance.

I'm talking about extreme loud noises in real life aka extremely loud machines in factories, industries, construction sites, etc enough to make you deaf overtime.

Back