• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

how op would "Broken" manipulation be?

BrokenLord said:
but would that be broken?
It is.

But since Broken Manipulation is still a Manipulation of something, it falls under the effects of my Manipulation Manipulation.

BrokenLord said:
but is manipulation manipulation Broken to be under the effects of Broken manipulation
But Broken Manipulation is still a manipulation, therefore it is affected by Manipulation Manipulation.

Hmm... I think they kinda cancel each other out.

Not really, I'd just say that's OP, but it's a subjective thing so I guess it depends on how the ability is phrased.

Well there's a big difference between OP and broken, but they're both subjective terms anyway, so it probably depends on how you describe the power in your verse, eg, anything that seems broken to the user can be manipulated, in which case it's weakness would be mind/thought control from a faster opponent, or anything that he just didn't consider broken.

You know what... I think I'm gonna make that "anti-broken" character I wrote in one of the discussion threads (iirc you got your character from there too).

Would manipulation manipulation be able to counter the ability of somebody removing the ability to manipulate manipulations?

Zanybrainy2000 said:
Would manipulation manipulation be able to counter the ability of somebody removing the ability to manipulate manipulations?
Does Manipulation Manipulation Removal count as a manipulation?

If it does, then they cancel each other out (I think).

It sounds like power negating, which, afaik, doesn't count as any sort of manipulation.

Btw, what if a power was something like time/space/heat/electricity "control" instead of manipulation?

Now I have Manipulation Killing, which sents all of the above to a ******* as it "kills" the manipulation, even Manipulation Manipulation struggles against this!

Back