• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How is Darth Maul Nuclear?

Scaling.

You "not being able to see him" as that level means nothing. He is scaled to other feats.

He's fought with people who scale to said feats, and thus scales to said feats.

I'm not sure if he's directly fought anyone who pulled off said feats, but he's still at that level.

I'm going to be honest, it's quite tiring to have to explain this to you every single time for various different topics.

Promestein said:
He's fought with people who scale to said feats, and thus scales to said feats.
I'm not sure if he's directly fought anyone who pulled off said feats, but he's still at that level.

I'm going to be honest, it's quite tiring to have to explain this to you every single time for various different topics.
Alright, fine. But if I include him in a battle, can I base him off of his accomplished feats only?

No.

That would defeat the entire purpose of the tiering system.

Physically, Darth Maul only has a striking strength of Class GJ, which means his strength is only at building level.

However, Darth Maul's force abilities are scaled off of Jedi such as Anakin/Darth Vader and Count Dooku, both who demonstrates a feat that reaches Small City level. This is where Darth Maul's tiering comes from.

Anyways, to fit the profiles for the star wars characters better, I am thinking we should change their AP and Durability to:

Attack Potency: Building level physically, Small City level with Force abilities.

Durability: Varies; Building level to Small City level

Will link said feats of Anakin/Count Dooku upon request.

I think that Lina's suggestion may be reasonable.

I added building level there because Chaos has directly measured a striking power and it ended up Building level or something like that.

It would help if you find, and link to, the calculation.

Here are some calculations:

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/star-wars-feat-general-grievous-striking-power.22097/ [Feat measures General Grievious' striking power]

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blo...hem-vals-striking-power.22234/#comment-180035 [Physical strength of Jedi where he punches a wall]

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blo...akins-telekinetic-power.22201/#comment-179506 [Anakin yields Small City level power as a padawan]

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blo...frigate-tanks-asteroids.33638/#comment-219685 [Darth Vader deflects Asteroids with Force Powers; Small Island level]

Well, it is the striking power that is relevant here.

Ah, the first two calculations I posted are the relevant ones then. Grievious reaches Small Building level, and the second one reaches Large Building level I think.

I don't know if he ever faced those characters when they were at that level, however. There is a large period of improvement between Episode II, The Clone Wars, and Episode 3 for Anakin and Obi-Wan (Anakin is a Padawan in Episode II, then a Jedi Knight up until he becomes a Sith Lord, and much stronger, Obi-Wan ascends to Jedi Master (from a Knight) and a member of the Jedi Council). I thought these incarnations were for these characters at their respective peaks.

Maul fought Obi Wan in Clone Wars

I know. In that fight Obi-Wan was a Master, but since TCW isn't entirely shown in chronological order, how are we to know which version of Obi-Wan he faced?

I believe there is a calc on their Force lifting strength based on an episode of TCW, but I don't know where this takes place, or if any major improvements happen to the characters.

@Soy: If Darth Maul fought Obi-Wan when he was a master, Darth Maul should be able to scale to Obi-wan in general, depending on Obi-wan's tiering.

Do we scale Obi-Wan off of Padawan Anakin, or do we scale off of Vader?

He was in his prime about Episode III, so after TCW we can scale him to Anakin until he becomes Vader.

It would be kind of weird to scale him to a guy he lost to, as well as couldn't beat a 2nd time. He was sort of losing the fight before giving up. He only gave up knowing Luke would be safe and in his guidance.

If you are talking about Obi Wan's duel with Vader, keep in mind that only dueling/physical abilities were involved in that fight, and not force abilities.

Physically, Vader and Obi-Wan should be in the same tiering due to their striking strength, which is in Class GJ [Building level]

With force powers, Vader may be in a league of his own alongside Yoda and Sidious if we take the George Lucas' Vader being 80% of Sidious statement into account.

Ah. I personally don't know if I trust WoG or feats more. WoG seems logical, but sometimes the feats disprove it. Like, Vader should be able to kill Sidious in a fair fight in my eyes. "Anakin too", in his prime. He doesn't seem as strong as we're led to believe.

Depends on whether if the fight is done as a duel, or with force abilities. As a duelist, Vader could be comparable to Sidious, but this is without the use of the force.

I would imagine that Vader never attempted to overthrow Sidious due to Sidious being too quick and powerful when augmenting himself with the force

Isn't the canon stated to say (the scripts, too) that Anakin is the very top peak of Force-User potential?

If not, isn't Luke then? Lucas has said Luke is basically the good version of Anakin. By extension of that, I guess we can say it's entirely possible for Vader to beat Sidious considering after the rise of the Empire, he stopped really using his lightsaber due to the stress of his body decomposing (due to being strongly aligned with the dark side).

As hax as the Force is, users are smart enough to train against it, and resists its powers. I mean, the Force Push struggle between Anakin and Obi-Wan in Episode III was a good example of two equal users locking even. They can penetrate their defences, but only if given enough power.

Back