• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How exactly does 2-B differ from 2-A?

Specifically from "Multiverse level+".

2-A is stated as "Characters who can destroy and/or create a countably infinite number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuums", while 2-B is "Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any higher finite number of universal 4-dimensional space-time continuums.". Both consider character who can create a countable infinite number of 4-dimensional unverses, so how do you determine if a character deserves 2-B or 2-A (Multiverse level+)?

"2-B: Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any higher finite number of universal 4-dimensional space-time continuums."

Dvorak1902 said:
"2-B: Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to any higher finite number of universal 4-dimensional space-time continuums."
So, what differs between "any number higher than 1001" and "countable infinite"?

countable infinite is essentially standard infinity.

Any number higher than 1001 refers to any number less than infinity but more than 1000.

TacticalNuke002 said:
countable infinite is essentially standard infinity.
Any number higher than 1001 refers to any number less than infinity.
Isn't standard infinity the uncountable one? At least math-wise

Standard infinity is countable in the sense its a single number. There's numbers higher than standard infinity like when we start counting sets and classes. That's a whole different can of worms I'd rather not get into. It includes stuff like (Infinity)^2 and higher and it takes you into High 2-A and above

Ted Ed said:
2-B 1001 - Infinite-1 timelines
This is wrong, Infinite - 1 is Infinite and 2-A.

Uncountable Infinity and Countable Infinity are not the same. But they are both Infinity.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Standard infinity is countable in the sense its a single number. There's numbers higher than standard infinity like when we start counting sets and classes. That's a whole different can of worms I'd rather not get into. It includes stuff like (Infinity)^2 and higher and it takes you into High 2-A and above
This is exactly what confuses me. If both "standard infinity" and X>1001 are single numbers, how are you supposed to understand whether it's a number that brings you to 2-A or 2-B? The difference from High 2-A is clear (uncountable infinity is a distinct concept from countable infinity, like the example you gave, (Infinity)^2), but I don't think it's clear enough between B and low A

Or it may be that I'm just stupid and am missing something incredibly obvious

Examples:

Arceus is 2-B because every Pokémon game file is an entire universe. My copy of Ultra Moon is a different universe than yours. However, it's never specified if there's an infinite amount of game files, as such, he is unquantifiably into 2-B. It's impossible to know how many universes he's created, but we know it isn't an infinite amount.

Thanos (Marvel Comics) is 2-A because the Infinity Gaunlet has power over the Marvel multiverse, which HAS been stated to be infinite.

Kriskirby said:
Examples:
Arceus is 2-B because every Pokémon game file is an entire universe. My copy of Ultra Moon is a different universe than yours. However, it's never specified if there's an infinite amount of game files, as such, he is unquantifiably into 2-B. It's impossible to know how many universes he's created, but we know it isn't an infinite amount.

Thanos (Marvel Comics) is 2-A because the Infinity Gaunlet has power over the Marvel multiverse, which HAS been stated to be infinite.
But if the Marvel multiverse is infinite, why he is just "likely" High 2-A and not firmly High 2-A?

If something is described as Infinite timelines or universes, that's straight 2-A. Anything from 1001 to uncountable is 2-B because uncountable is still lower than infinity, just a humongously large and indescribable number (1001, 1002, 1003, ... , n where n is a number not equal to infinity).

TacticalNuke002 said:
If something is described as Infinite timelines or universes, that's straight 2-A. Anything from 1001 to uncountable is 2-B because uncountable is still lower than infinity, just a humongously large and indescribable number (1001, 1002, 1003, ... , n where n is a number not equal to infinity).
Ok, this makes sense. Then, what does a character need to be qualified as High 2-A instead of 2-A?

"The Infinity Stones are repeatedly stated to exist in higher realities beyond space and time", meaning they're likely able to destroy and/or create 5-dimensional space-time constructs of a not insignificant size. I'm a little rusty on my Marvel knowledge but it could also mean he's uncountably above infinite.

2-B: uncountable number of universes

2-A: infinite number of universes

High 2-A: ^2 to uncountable infinite number of universes

2-B is any number between 1001 and Infinite number of universes. There has to be an existence of an infinite number of timelines for anyone in the verse to be 2-A. However, if it's just a really big finite number, it's still 2-B. For example, Mario and Pokemon have super expansive universes where universes are constantly being born and the multiverses are expanding. So they're massive degrees of 2-B and they approach 2-A even if they don't quite reach it.

Already explained 2-A above, but a character either needs to be effecting a literal infinite number of timelines (Creating, Destroying, Reseting) or scale from someone who can to be 2-A.

High 2-A is for characters who have power over planes of higher infinity above the multiverse. The existence of an infinite number of universes is one thing, but the "Upper-Dimensional" plane that exists above and beyond all those universes is another.

Back