• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do I calc this?

So a Touhou character can take the form of a massive serpent spanning 489 kilometers in length. I wanna calc their overall area/volume; The former to see if they qualify for type 4 large size, and the latter to see how much they weight for LS purposes. Now the obvious issue is that I don't know what kind of serpent they took the form of, so I have no idea how to determine the width; The second problem is that they might be made of stone based on external context, but I have no idea what kind so determining their weight is gonna be hell. Is there anything I can use to assume some averages here, or is it too vague to calc?
image.png

(yes it says it was "likely a fictional character" but the Great Suwa God is a legitimately real figure)

I had something similar excluding the made of rock Therefir told me to use Square Cube Law for a giant turtle. If you use the Gartner snake:

Average Length = (18+42)/2 = 30 inches or 0.000762 Kilometers
Average Weight = 150g

Giant Serpent Length = 489 Kilometers
Giant Serpent Weight = (489/0.000762)^3*150 = 3.964176e+19 Grams or 3.964176e16 (39641760000000000) Kilograms

Don't trust me 100% though, still new to this

I had something similar excluding the made of rock Therefir told me to use Square Cube Law for a giant turtle. If you use the Gartner snake:

Average Length = (18+42)/2 = 30 inches or 0.000762 Kilometers
Average Weight = 150g

Giant Serpent Length = 489 Kilometers
Giant Serpent Weight = (489/0.000762)^3*150 = 3.964176e+19 Grams or 3.964176e16 (39641760000000000) Kilograms

Don't trust me 100% though, still new to this
Idk why I didn't think of that lol, thank you. Low-end class P is pretty good ngl. Do you have any advice on how to find the width?

Got anything that could point to what kind of snake it is?
No, not really. Everything here takes place in Japan if that narrows it down, and the character in question is related to Mishaguji, which look like this, but idk if that helps any. Actually, since Mishaguji are made of stone, I don't think they're meant to be any snake in particular.

No, not really. Everything here takes place in Japan if that narrows it down, and the character in question is related to Mishaguji, which look like this, but idk if that helps any. Actually, since Mishaguji are made of stone, I don't think they're meant to be any snake in particular.
You could probably use a japanese rat snake. They seem to be the most common snake specie there

Alright so it's not type 4 large size but it's pretty fucking big regardless (about 8k km^2). Assuming it's legitimately made of stone (and assuming granite since idk what else it'd be made of), I'm getting 2.806123e+14 metric tons, or high end class P LS. If it's just a regular snake then it's 5.889816e+13 metric tons, so still class P.

Only really gonna apply to gods via their shapeshifting and it's gonna make the LS section a massive clusterfuck (class T to class P to multi-stellar) but it is what it is lol

Back