• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
jtcVS0I.png

he just nukes it. I think earth's radius as a low ball would be good.

problem is, idk how to make planet busting calcs

You can use Fragmentation or Pulverization
If you using Earth volume ( in cc) × Fragmentation or Pulverization energy (j/cc)

Edit : or just Using GBE then

Last edited:
Assume the size of the earth (this is the standard), and use the gravitational binding energy, which is going to be baseline planet level. Hope I helped.

I doubt it would have the same size as Earth with a ring like other planets bigger than Earth in the Solar System. If I'm not misunderstanding and having a ring means something for the planet's size.

I doubt it would have the same size as Earth with a ring like other planets bigger than Earth in the Solar System. If I'm not misunderstanding and having a ring means something for the planet's size.
no rings have nothing to do with size. If the moon was busted to rubble, then it would give the earth a ring, as well as kill us all.

Ok then.

I had already expressed that this old pages for this manga needed to be downgraded to 5-B, the sooner the better. If anyone makes a thread I can show some other feats.

I mean we have a visible explosion, wouldn't i be able to calc the explosion?
I don't see why you would calculate it with the explosion, as far as I know. The way of calculating a planet busting is gravitational binding energy. You can use kinetic energy for the planet chunks but here you don't know the mass or velocity.

I don't see why you would calculate it with the explosion, as far as I know. The way of calculating a planet busting is gravitational binding energy. You can use kinetic energy for the planet chunks but here you don't know the mass or velocity.
Well RIP

There are two options:
  1. This feat ends up as 5-B because we use Earth as the standard and Earth's GBE is baseline 5-B
  2. Try getting the KE of the fragments

There are two options:
  1. This feat ends up as 5-B because we use Earth as the standard and Earth's GBE is baseline 5-B
  2. Try getting the KE of the fragments
Using the second method and this image for pixel scaling, here we go. Bear with me, I had to get a rough idea of the planet diameter based on the fragments.

Planet Diameter = 12742000 meters = 433 px

12742000 / 433 = 29427.25 meters per px

Distance Traveled = 364.8 px = 10735060.8 meters

This took 1 panel, so I'll use 5 seconds for the timeframe.

Speed = 10735060.8 / 5 = 2147012.16 m/s

Planet Mass = 5.972e+24 kg

KE = 0.5 * 5.972e+24 * 2147012.16^2 = 1.37644484e+37 Joules or 3.29 ninatons; Large Planet level (5-A)

Using the second method and this image for pixel scaling, here we go. Bear with me, I had to get a rough idea of the planet diameter based on the fragments.

Planet Diameter = 12742000 meters = 433 px

12742000 / 433 = 29427.25 meters per px

Distance Traveled = 364.8 px = 10735060.8 meters

This took 1 panel, so I'll use 5 seconds for the timeframe.

Speed = 10735060.8 / 5 = 2147012.16 m/s

Planet Mass = 5.972e+24 kg

KE = 0.5 * 5.972e+24 * 2147012.16^2 = 1.37644484e+37 Joules or 3.29 ninatons; Large Planet level (5-A)
Wank.

Thank you for the calc, can you place it in a blog so that we may use it on profiles?

Back