• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

Speaking about Shounen, Im still waiting for one with a proper female protagonist. Just a proper fist to cuff, power escalating fprotagonist. And yes, i know Kill la Kill
The fact that the only female protag in a Shonen I can think of is Ryuko Matoi says a lot.

Okay.

For real, if Wild Pokémon really meant to kill humans, it would be a very easy task. It doesn't make sense at all why they're caught. The only logical explanation is if they wanted to be caught. But it's never really clear

A psychic type like Alakazam can literally crush the trainer and his rattata with telekinesis rather than throw hands with them

manhwa has been overfilled with cheap content made for money and not for plot, kinda like how anime/manga is overflooded with isekai and such
Infinite levelling in Murim has been pretty solid so far.
Grounded power system based almost entirely on martial arts with mature protagonist, no undeserved rewards and no real hax bullshit yet.

Speaking about Shounen, Im still waiting for one with a proper female protagonist. Just a proper fist to cuff, power escalating fprotagonist. And yes, i know Kill la Kill
Soul eater is pretty cool if i do say so.
Kagome from inuyasha can be annoying but most of the time she gets the job done

Infinite levelling in Murim has been pretty solid so far.
Grounded power system based almost entirely on martial arts with mature protagonist, no undeserved rewards and no real hax bullshit yet.
I've been meaning to check out Infinite Leveling in Murim TBH, I've just been reluctant since it seems really generic. Not to say generic is bad but I don't expect much.

Oh I'll definitely give that a read. Is it ongoing?
nope, ended.

If you want ongoing then Jungle Juice and Neon Revenge might interest you. There's also Lookism and a spin-off of it called manager Kim but i've only read the latter one

It’s not a good take 🦥
0cf.jpg

nope, ended.

If you want ongoing then Jungle Juice and Neon Revenge might interest you. There's also Lookism and a spin-off of it called manager Kim but i've only read the latter one
I've read Jungle Juice. I dropped it because I didn't like how heroic the mc was. He felt too much like a Shounen type hero, when I was expecting him to be different based on his introduction.

I'll read Sweet Home, I personally like finished series more than ongoing, especially for manhwa, because for ongoing series I can almost never tell when it will end.

I'll check out the other stuff 2

False. Like this is objectively not true. Doesn’t even get past Naruto
Are you fr?
1. Better power system
2. Better world building
3. No need for plot armor
4. Better antagonists, protagonists, secondary characters and character development. Seriously, check out Meruem, from birth to death.

Togashi has always been a genius with storytelling. Just try out Yu Yu Hakusho

In fact, Kishimoto is a massive fan of HxH and picked several things from him, for his manga. In several interviews, he keeps asking Togashi for tips. And you know what genius Togashi tells him?
"Intuition"

nope, ended.

Cornball over here unironically reading Neon Revenge

I've read Jungle Juice. I dropped it because I didn't like how heroic the mc was. He felt too much like a Shounen type hero, when I was expecting him to be different based on his introduction.

I'll read Sweet Home, I personally like finished series more than ongoing, especially for manhwa, because for ongoing series I can almost never tell when it will end.

I'll check out the other stuff 2
I'll try to remember what else i read that is a manhwa. it's very annoying on webtoon since manhwa is mixed with american and other comics.
Anyways another fun one is monochrome which is a japanese comic made like a manhwa

Cornball over here unironically reading Neon Revenge
it's fun. I mean it has the classic issue of bullies in korea being gods that run everything but if you look from the perspective of a korean student that technically would make sense.

Back