• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

then use this pfp
E7E7C3411D3F025260E2C81C32516578B2C2CA48

pretty anime boys won't help you. Awesome men will
I can relate.

I just don't think it's that appealing, really. I get why others like it though 🤷‍♂️
it's the memes man, the DNA of the soul. it ain't deep it's just fun, has memorable characters, is crazy as heck and pokes at real issues and let's you stab them

it's the memes man, the DNA of the soul. it ain't deep it's just fun, has memorable characters, is crazy as heck and pokes at real issues and let's you stab them
I don't think it's fun, though. I mean I enjoy how it does talk about real issues and shit and that's interesting to listen to/play but overall I don't like it that much lel.

Hollow Knight is not a great game. Apart from the art, I really can't see what is special about such a game. I had to try to play several times, and it was only on the fourth try that I got truly "interested", but at no point did I feel anything for the game. The map, besides being confusing, is ******* tedious

Hollow Knight is not a great game. Apart from the art, I really can't see what is special about such a game. I had to try to play several times, and it was only on the fourth try that I got truly "interested", but at no point did I feel anything for the game. The map, besides being confusing, is ******* tedious
Hollow Knight fans trying not to find your IP address and doxx you:
ihduDvK.jpg

that is one statement i completely disagree with. I love every bit of that game and the only place i ever found tedious there was crystal peak. If i had a chance to forget everything about the game and re-play it, I would. The map is really good as well in my eyes, definitely better than some that i've seen before.

Couldn't really get into Hollow Knight, even though I tried a lot.

Katana Zero >>> Hollow Knight, IMO.

also just to add, i like games that take some time to play through, not games that take 4.5 hours to beat, which is the case with katana zero.

Hot take: Nanatsu no taizai reached it's peak in storytelling during early 10 commandments arc, where you actually get a sense of despair and a break from formulaic storytelling by introducing enemies massively stronger than the heroes that can corner the heroes and force them to take losses and the hype around Escanor pays off by making him a very rare case where a character far surpasses the protagonist for a long time, not to mention King and Ban's backstories are well written and by the time we were learning more about them i considered NNT the best ongoing shounen.

Then you start heading into other sin backstories, and they are kinda meh, The commandments eventually get trivialized, the powerscaling returns to meliodas being the strongest, humans finally become 100% useless. Archangels are underwhelming, You get a lot of fights that feel like filler, like the entire "original demon" and don't get me started on the final fight against demon king. Dude gets his ass whooped by almost all the sins and then possesses something else while retaining his arrogant dumbass attitude like 4 times, Escanor sacrifices himself without any real big impact because of the cockroach style final villain and the fight gets repetitive to the point it's funny.

(May the Aizen turban gang have mercy, but i still consider it a better ending than Bleach imo)

DmC: Devil May Cry is a good game. It's a bad DMC game, that's true. However, I definitely think it's over-hated. The plot twist with Vergil was kind of predictable but I still liked the ending. I heard people say the director of it wanted to make a sequel, but he was offered to either work on another game or DMC 5, he chose DMC 5. I definitely wouldn't mind a sequel for it, it being an AU world instead of a failed reboot sounds interesting. Dante's development in it was pretty good too.

Back