• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Magneto might be getting upgraded, so I figured I'd do this while it's still fair.

~

Magneto gazed out over the yard of the X-Men Manor, the warm summer sun washing over him. Charles Xavier sat next to him in his wheelchair. "I thank you for welcoming me back Charles, even after everything I've done." Erik said honestly as his head turned to his old friend. "You've seen the darkest side of humanity first hand. Because of that, you made sure never to fall in yourself. You may tread alongside the pit, but you've never let yourself fall in. You were always welcome back." Charles said smiling. "That hardly excuses anything. There is blood on my hands regardless of my intentions. Some may never forgive me. Honestly, it's probably better if they don't." Magneto looked back out at the field, the weight of blood on his shoulders. "Yes, but it's those good intentions that have kept you sane through all the blood. In time, even Logan might forgive you." Magneto laughed. "You were always to optimistic for your own good."

Even so, there was a smile on Erik's face as he walked back inside. The light of a new era shining down on them.

~

It had happened. What Magneto had once regarded as an idealistic fantasy had finally happened. It was not immediate. There was no big push or grand march on Washington. Bit by bit, pro mutant laws had begun getting passed. Little by little, the doomsayers and mobs were demonized and weakened. Slowly but surely, a semblance of peace was forged between mutant and human kind.

And it was there Erik stood, looking over the masses that cheered for their first Mutant President.

It was there he saw it all reduced to ashes.

"Men call me The Beast."

The sent of blood mixed with that of fire. The sound of screams gave way to crackling. And Magneto glared down from above at the singular source of it all. "Yes. I can see why."

The Beast smirked smugly, before gesturing for him to follow. "Come on. We have work to do."

A metal pole nearly impaled Cole seconds before he dodged. "I don't think so."

"Hey! We're on the same side here. We're two of a kind."

"Do not compare me to your kind. I know your kind! The kind that blackens the sky with smoke from burning men, the kind that kills people like livestock! I've seen your kind first hand! My mission, no, my life has always been about protecting mutant kind from the likes of you!

I've heard of you, I've heard your reasons. You claim to want to cure a plague, but your first attempt at it is genocide! If you wanted the plague gone, you'd talk to Reed Richards or his ilk about it. But that's not what matters to you.

For the first time in my life, I thought the good in mankind might outway the bad. For the first time, I thought we might co-exist! And you've blown all that away in an act that killed millions of lives! You don't care for the lives of humans or mutants, you care for blood shed and power!"

A sheild appeared around Magneto, thousands of metal cars levitating above him.

"If you want to be called The Beast, you should prepare to die like one."

~

Speed Equalized.

Evil Cole Macgrath Background
vs.
Magneto MC TR

He can freeze Cole solid (judging from its description, it looks way more potent than his resistance) or throw him into space, I think.

Absolute Zero got revised, it doesn't ignore dura or keep solid without feats anymore

As for space, teleport.

....****.

Uh. Maybe freeze him via the iron in his blood? Crap and this was so thematic too.

Hehe, "homo"

Anyway, shitty middle school jokes aside, you guys pretty summed up everything I was gonna say. Magneto dunks on Cole via sheer AP but has no means of permanently killing him because of lol macroquantum regen.

Although, Beast Cole appears to lack organs, and we've seen that his "blood" is now just orange liquidy lava. So who knows if it even has iron for Magneto to work with.

His shields will absolutely stop any attack that Cole sends at him, and I'm pretty sure he has some radiation manipulation feats as well, but can it stop Ionic Drain? Keep in mind that said attack drains bioelectricity and not life force, so it should be fair game. Should all else fail, teleport + black hole gives Cole a definite wincon.

The only wincons I can think of for Magneto are magnetically scrambling Cole's brains (its worked on people with bizarre biologies like Apocalypse and his control over magnetism is greater than Cole's), and BFR via wormholes

Well the thing is, Cole actually has to touch Magneto with his black hole, which is gonna be difficult considering the range and Magneto's shields.

Sure, black hole has a vacuum effect, but Magneto can ignore this via superior lifting strength and magnetism. This will give him more than enough time to counterattack. Problem is, what he is likely to use next is up in the air. If he leads with wormholes or brain scrambling, he wins. If its anything else, Cole's body will be destroyed, he'll survive thanks to regen and immortality, and then resort to teleporting black hole to rebuild his body and kill his attacker.

Though, I know very little about Magneto's in character move set, so I'll wait for some of the Marvel experts to comment before voting.

Magneto's moveset is slightly inconsistent, sometimes he just freezes the opponent and makes them explode or ragdoll them, other times he throws the metal items in the environment.

Cole not having iron in his blood is assumptious tbh

Also worth adding onto the lava discussion, Magnetic fields begin to fail under extreme heat. Extreme Cold, such as Kuo's ice, would actually strengthen the magnetic effects of Magento's powers, but the extreme heat and radiation given off by The Beast's powers would actually weaken them as per how magnets work in real life.

Hell, Cole's own lightning would work wonders on magnetic fields.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Also worth adding onto the lava discussion, Magnetic fields begin to fail under extreme heat. Extreme Cold, such as Kuo's ice, would actually strengthen the magnetic effects of Magento's powers, but the extreme heat and radiation given off by The Beast's powers would actually weaken them as per how magnets work in real life.

Hell, Cole's own lightning would work wonders on magnetic fields.
To be fair, both Magneto and Cole do a lot of things that their stated powers shouldn't be capable of in real life.

Back