• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Holy Mami vs. CSTW Cthulhu

That's actually going to be merged with the profile of the canon Mami soon lol.

So still Mami spam ovo

I assume Doppel of Worship is more fair than Magical Girl Mami because Cthulhu has a one-shot worthy AP advantage against Magical Girl I think.

Also he can bypass Mami's mental resistance and has pretty good Dura negation.

Well tbf, Holy Mami's feat is done simply by appearing. Gap is around x5, but she should be significantly above her own calc

Plus she has her trusty shields

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'll leave her to be able to use Doppel even though I like Cthulhu more because I haven't seen PMMM

Hmm.

So, Cthulhu's got ~40 Gigatons under his belt at his weakest, and has probably gotten stronger since that point- at the same time, Mami's feat is pretty casual, as well, more so than Cthulhu's... so, I suppose Cthulhu has a bit of an AP/Dura advantage. This will probably suit him well, as his fighting style tends more towards simply tanking through the enemy to trade hits rather than dodge and counter, giving the chance to land the hits needed to rack up damage.

Mami is certainly more versatile, with more ways of attacking Cthulhu (especially at range) than vice versa, and her barrier might thwart Cthulhu's more direct attacks. Cthulhu's got more than enough range with Tentacles/Dark Blast/Lightning to at least defend himself, though, so it's not a foolproof way to win...

Cthulhu's healing seems a bit more consistent, and he has a pocket full of several self-resurrections in case he messes up and needs to retry the fight from Square One.

Cthulhu's hax resistance even at this point ought to be comparable to some of the other Great Old Ones, who are on the level of mind-crushing an entire world of people fairly easily- depending on the interpretation of world, this could be anywhere from hundreds of millions times a normal person to an entire universe full of people. So, I don't know about Mami getting past the Mind/Soul Manip. resist very easily. That said, Mami's keep-away + ranged strategy, combined with the restraining ribbons + power draining, isn't something Cthulhu can resist at this level, and is probably the most daunting thing Cthulhu would have to deal with here as a result.

...though, there's a few very important things to note here.

One: Cthulhu's powers are already drained- he was at the ~40 Gigaton mark at his very weakest (Level 1), that's sort of the whole opening premise of the game. So unless Mami can depower someone that's already been power-drained all that might do is seal off some of his special attacks I'd think, maybe reduce the AP/Dura advantage by a bit. He doesn't resist it specifically, but it wouldn't be a game-breaker. (Not to mention, 1-Up would reset everything that happened during the fight, so he'd both get his lost power back and probably be able to know better next time.)

Two: Nightfall. This isn't anything that targets Mami specifically so much as the general space the resides in, and the mental resist pierce CStW's insanity has attached to it is pretty insane (pun very intended.) So, he has at least a fairly reliable way to induce insanity-

At which point, it's pretty downhill for Mami, I'd think. Not only do her defenses drop, and her mind get screwed with preventing her from always taking the action she intends to, her personality is such that she wouldn't get very much attack power in exchange for all of this. On top of that, Cthulhu specifically is an expert vs. insane targets, passively gaining extra AP in their presence and having weapons that deal bonus damage against them. And has been racking up combo all this time...

I don't see Mami surviving a Deathblow/Dark Blast Combo Finisher at that point, assuming Insane Death hasn't proxxed by this point.

Three: Pierce might debatably bypass her Absolute Territory altogether, in which case she's now got a sword in her chest thinking that would take care of it for her.

Cthulhu, High-Difficulty, I think. Mami has the potential to run through every single 1-Up Cthulhu's got before he figures out how to go about countering her tactics, especially if she spams her Speed Up powers/plays it safe to stay out of melee and gradually pick him down, but... I'd say with the consistency Insanity would likely be a game-ender for her, Cthulhu's going to get plenty of XP and Gold (and potentially a party member, depending on how The Narrator happens to be feeling that day) before heading back to the tavern for a refreshing mug of milk a good 6, 7 times of 10.

A few things. The feat that Holy Mami scales from is not only done passively, but while she is focusing most of her power into an actual attack. The calc itself is a very, very big lowball compared to her actual AP.

As for stats, Mami has access to the Doppel transformation, which is stronger than the regular witch transformation, which is immensely above her base (For example, Sayaka is 7-C and her witch is Low 7-B, the witch of 6-C Madoka is 5-C, the witch of 5-C Madoka is 5-B etc), and she can access it when she wants.

Also, her ribbons, forcefields and attack reflection are even higher.

Basically:

Mami <<<<< Witch Florence < Doppel Florence < Mami's ribbons <<<<<< Florence's ribbons < Doppel ribbons

Her healing is actually pretty solid, magical girls are stated by Kyubey to be able to heal any kind of wound (including stuff that normally kill people like losing all your blood, being decapitated etc) provided that their Soul Gem doesn't break (it's the gem on Mami's head).

Her type 2 also works similarly (It's even better than the healing, magical girls can survive as a Soul Gem only)

Her power nullification actually works kinda like Silence in Final Fantasy, except that it comes with a ribbon trap to prevent movement as well (the ribbons are invisible). For reference, it has successfully nullified the abilities of witches similar to H.N. Elly, as well as people like Homura Akemi, Kyoko Sakura, and a clone of Mami herself.

Absolute Territory, ribbon shields and Gun of Aegis can block/reflect piercing attacks.

Mami doesn't have power drain herself, she has a unconventional resistance (basically if you steal her powers, they either go away from the thief, or posses them)

Just a heads up, her regen in this form is supposed to be changed to "Likely Mid" instead of "Low"

Edit: Done

Also, can 6-C Cthulhu deal with reality warping like this one? Florence is orders of magnitude above the witch who did that.

Or the fact that as long as Mami is Florence, she is passively invisible?

There is also the fact that ribbons negate the ability to heal

@Kaltias Accounted for most of that initially, though Mid-level regen might end up being a hassle... IIRC Cthulhu doesn't really check to see if his foes are perma-dead, in character.

Octodad uses his tentacles on the little girl and wins. squidward takes this for the reasons stated above.

Back