• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hololive Production Move to Holo no Graffiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason is that Hololive Production is a company, and Holo no Graffiti is a series, and current profiles are based on Holo no Graffiti. VS Battles Wiki typically does not user the company name as the verse name with a few exceptions. Therefore, I propose moving Hololive Production to Holo no Graffiti.

The related rule is in Editing Rule (at the place where the infamous inclusion of verses rule is near to):
Do not create verse pages for companies. We have made exceptions for Disney and Nintendo, due to their extremely iconic statures, and occasional interaction between their properties, as well as for Dreamworks, and similar prominent animated movie imprints, with characters that have no other verse page of their own, where they can be listed, but a "verse" is generally defined as a shared continuity.

It wasn't allowed? Apologies, I wasn't aware.

Initially, the plan was to name it simply Holo no Graffiti. However, the Hololive brand has and will continue to expand into multimedia content. There's already a few manga being released, a horror game and an open-world RPG currently in beta testing.
As such, instead of having separate verse pages for Holo no Graffiti, HoloEarth Chronicles, Hololive Alternative, Hololive ERROR, etc, I believed it was a better idea to group them up into a single page.
Currently, only Holo no Graffiti profiles have been added, but content from the other Hololive branches will likely be added in the future.

If pages for companies cannot be made in this way, how do you think that should be handled?

Maybe we could come up with an entirely new name for this? Like Holoverse or something that sounds better. We could always just go with "Hololive" instead of Hololive Production.

Hmmm, maybe Hololive could work?

The tricky thing here is how everything is set up. For example, you essentially have Korone present in all of Graffiti, ERROR, Evil God and (soon) Alternative... but despite being the same character, each Korone is a different canon, as each entry is independent and unrelated to others.

In that sense, Hololive Productions/Hololive is split into multiple sub-verses.

However, even if changed, wouldn't you have to explain in the verse page what "Hololive" is? Which still is a talent agency.

Unless we strip the verse page of any real-life association, and instead have something simple along the lines of "Hololive is a verse composed of a large group of idols. They appear across multiple media, such as animated series, manga and games. Etc, etc"?

I brought this up in the original thread, bringing it up here. There are going to be new hololive properties coming out in the future such as a Hololive game and it would be better to fit those under the umbrella of "Hololive" or "Holoverse" rather than just Hologra. I believe that is what makes the most sense.

I brought this up in the original thread, bringing it up here. There are going to be new hololive properties coming out in the future such as a Hololive game and it would be better to fit those under the umbrella of "Hololive" or "Holoverse" rather than just Hologra. I believe that is what makes the most sense.
I'm leaning towards this solution

I feel that the upcoming Hololive media are separated verses. (e.g. WWE and WWE Immortal) VS Battles Wiki do generally discourage compositing profiles.
Changing the name to Hologra should be fine, it is essentially the official title of the episodes.
The official name of that anime is Holo no Graffiti.

I see no issue with Hololive Production nor just calling it Hololive. If its about denoting the different profile Canons, you will have to do it either way, so the Verse Page itself should not be impacted by it.

I feel that the upcoming Hololive media are separated verses. (e.g. WWE and WWE Immortal) VS Battles Wiki do generally discourage compositing profiles.
No one is talking about Compositing profiles here. Its going to be similar to Dragon Ball, where the different Canons have 1 common Verse Page, nothing more.

No one is talking about Compositing profiles here. Its going to be similar to Dragon Ball, where the different Canons have 1 common Verse Page, nothing more.
@Mariogoods thank you for pointing out the obvious, I’m calling it by the short name.
Actually, there is no clearly defined standard regarding this. Dragon Ball is "all different Canons in a Verse page", but Marvel is "all different Canons in different Verse page".

My apologies for causing confusion here. I agree with Mariogoods' arguments in his first post of this thread.

The associated verse category name also needs to be updated though, as well as all links to the verse page in question.

Holo no Graffiti is only one entry/sub-verse that belongs to the umbrella of Hololive Production, though. The plan is to include more entries/sub-verses in the future.
I believe an umbrella page is needed (like how Naruto includes both the manga-canon and game-canon "sub-verses"

I am in agreement with Golden still. It makes no sense and would be highly inefficient to just split off each individual verse from each other when we could simply have a singular verse page with the all of the properties being showcased on it.

Holo no Graffiti is only one entry/sub-verse that belongs to the umbrella of Hololive Production, though. The plan is to include more entries/sub-verses in the future.
I believe an umbrella page is needed (like how Naruto includes both the manga-canon and game-canon "sub-verses"
Okay. Never mind then.

Thank you. Are you willing to update the links to that page and the name of its verse category as well please?

Thank you very much for helping out so much. You are awesome.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Thank you very much for helping out so much. You are awesome.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
:2198_ANIME:

Should we close this thread then?
Sure, main purpose of the thread is finished.

Okay. I will do so then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back