• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hokuto no Ken: Removing Existence Erasure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
This has been bothering me for an incredibly long time, and it's time to get rid of it.

Basically, Kenshiro and Raoh have Existence Erasure via Muso Tensei. This is what their profiles say: Musō Tensei is made up of nothingness, rendering Kenshiro intangible, and allows him to erase others from existence. It also prevents him from being erased as well, however it will bypass his intangibility

As you can see, no scan mentions Muso Tensei having the power to erase beings from existence. Ryuken (the old master) says that nothingness is the strongest thing in the world, and from it life springs. However, these are more philosophical implications to explain the nature of the technique itself, which is base on true understanding of sorrow after going through a specific path of life.

In fact, Existence Erasure comes from a videogame, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage . Here, the game describes the Muso Tensei as having the ability to erase someone's body from existence.

The game isn't canon whatsoever, and we don't composite profiles. For this reason, Kenshiro and Raoh should have Existence Erasure removed, alongside the statement about it allowing one to resist being erased. The latter comes from the fact that, when Raoh achieves Muso Tensei, both are able to hit each other despite becoming intangible. (I don't have the scans at the moment, but I can find them if required).

Very basically, Muso Tensei allows the user to employ the same fighting style, techniques and movements of past opponents and friends that have passed away.

The intangibility is something that activates once in awhile and it's not even really explained, it jst works as a last resort to dodge but not even always.

I get those parts, but I wonder what Kenshiro does to an opponent to disintegrate them if it isn't existence erasure?

I agree with the CRT, don't get me wrong.

Has Kenshiro ever disintegrated someone with Muso Tensei? I don't remember such a thing happening in the manga.
Also, couldn't it be one of the dozens ways he has to utterly destroy someone's body with pressure points and brute force?

Twellas is not going to reply, but, for what's worth, we've talked on Discord and he agrees with the revision.

Twellas is not going to reply, but, for what's worth, we've talked on Discord and he agrees with the revision.
I wonder how busy Twellas is on replying. Wish him/her/it/they every real life success.
But since Ant tagged me, I am going to put my two cents.

But the logic seems short and simple. I concur with the removal of "existence erasure".
Again, Muso Tensei is a technique that makes oneself intangible for evading attacks, not hakai-ing enemies into non-existence.

If we have a Musou version of Kenshiro we may need to add existence erasure to such profile however. Unless that technique itself is NOT erasing anything from existence.

Thank you for the input. It seems like this is uncontroversial enough to have been accepted then.

Have to question how this was ever accepted in the first place if the only thing even suggesting it is a vague non canon game

Regardless, I agree with the OP.
I'm too lazy to check, but it was probably added way back when the profile was made for the first time or the controls over changes were less strict.

Anyway, I've applied the changes and removed Nonexistent Physiology alongside Existence Erasure, the things were related and from the same thing.
Instead, I've added Intangibility, which is already accepted and totally fits the technique.

Thank you to everybody who gave input here.

Should we close this thread then?

I'm too lazy to check, but it was probably added way back when the profile was made for the first time or the controls over changes were less strict.

Anyway, I've applied the changes and removed Nonexistent Physiology alongside Existence Erasure, the things were related and from the same thing.
Instead, I've added Intangibility, which is already accepted and totally fits the technique.
Wait a little. Did you remove the related categories from the pages as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back