• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hitsugaya V.S Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray because he can eat Hitsugaya's ice to get stronger. He'll just keep providing Gray with power enough to one-shot him or severely injure him. Even if he uses Hyōten Hyakkasō, Gray would eat the ice and free himself.

Going with Hitsugaya. Hitsugaya is smart enough to figure out Gray's powers quickly and then frame tactics that would allow him to kill Gray without having to use too much power. Slayer advantage won't afford Gray a victory if Hitsugaya sticks to using kido or even ice pillars created with bankai to distract and then shunpo step behind Gray to slash his scalp off (a move which Hitsugaya seems to have a strange fetish for). Sometimes, it's not just about stats & power but about how you use shit properly and make the most of what you have at your disposal. None of the Team Natsu members come close to captain level Shinigami in this regard. Hell, most Fairy Tail characters don't. Gray is a decent tactician by the general standards of combatants in his own verse but not so when compared to Bleach.

Good point but I don't really remember Hitsugaya using Kidō. What I want mean I'm not sure if Hitsugaya can use high level Kidō like someone like Byakuya.

But yeah, with those points you brought up I can see Hitsugaya winning. It's just that I'm not sure if he'll use Kidō fast enough or if he's proficient enough in it. I mean even against Harribel that could convert his ice to water, I don't remember him using Kidō. Or when his Bankai got stolen (you can correct me on this since I don't really remember). They're both 7-B and if he feeds Gray with ice, he could get one-shotted or severely injured. I'm also not sure if Gray would be willing to use Iced Shell.

Hitsugaya doesn't have to shoot out level 60 and up Kido to distract or slightly injure Gray. A byakurai (which is one of the lower level spells) would be enough to keep Gray on his feet and would likely pierce him if aimed right.

As you can see in this start chart here, Hitsugaya has a 90 rating for Kido/Reiatsu which marks him as a high level practictioner. He's also shown the ability to put up barriers (though not in combat) which was only penetrated by someone stated to be a Kido prodigy. As far as Kido skill goes, I'd say Hitsugaya is at least on the level of the most skilled Lieutenants but I agree that he is nowehere near the level of true masters such as Byakuya.

Also, I doubt Gray would one-shot Hitsugaya. As I stated on the Zaraki vs Kinshiki thread, Shinigami have ridiculous endurance and can fight with limbs ripped off and even internal organs destroyed. During his fight with Cang, Hitsugaya kept himself together with ice (his torso was split nearly in half from left shoulder to right hip) and ended up winning despite those injuries.

The only way Gray could one-shot Hitsugaya is to outright decapitate him, crush his heart, rip an arm and a leg off, or slice him in half in one shot. And I highly doubt Gray can do so.

Sorry. When I was talking about Gray one-shotting Hitsugaya, I was thinking more along the lines of him piercing Hitsugaya's heart with Ice Make: Arrow.

It's certainly true that Kidō would give Hitsugaya an edge here but the problem is that he would not bother using it. Like I said above, he didn't bother using it against Harribel, when his Bankai was stolen, and against Shawlong even when he was very injured. And since they're in character here, I don't see him using it against Gray either. Please, you can remind me of any of Hitsugaya's fights where he used Kidō. No need for scans, you can just remind me of his opponent. I think he's better off trying to distract Gray with that clone he used in the FKT arc but he mentioned that he normally saves it for the end of his fights. Though he used it early against Harribel. But Gray can also use ice clones to distract Hitsugaya too. I feel like Gray can still pull this off. Since he'll surely get superior AP to Hitsugaya over the course of the fight, he can knock him out with that.

And if push comes to shove, he can force an inconclusive match with Iced Shell.

Hitsugaya has used Kido (including mid and high level ones) in fights but I remembered that it was only in anime filler. Welp silly me.

Doesn't Ice Shell require some time for Gray to cast?

Toshiro hasn't used any Kido as far as I'm aware and this is DS Gray. Are we sure we're going to consider this a fair match since he can't use pretty much 90% of his abilities?

Dunno. Gray's only City level against demons and Hitsugaya is City level+. He could take Gray out by exploiting the slight amount of time he uses to eat ice. Not sure. I'll probably review my vote later.

If it's a mismatch, then it will be closed.

The + doesn't really make a difference and he isn't oneshotting Gray when he is absorbing Ice (everyone knows for example Natsu can eat flames but no one has tried to strike him during this time, which suggests the window is very small to actually capitalize on it).

Wait I didn't notice Gray is Low 7-B normally and 7-B against Demons. If the version being used is Low 7-B, then Shiro stomps since he's at least 9 times stronger than him.

That remaining 10% of Hitsugaya's abilities are cqc and strateigic skills that that Gray cannot even hope to match, so i would say this is a fair match.

I thought + means the character is on a higher end. No, it's likely just one of those manga things. Or for almost any fictional series. I mean, most times, the characters have time to express surprise. Like when Silver was eating Gray's ice, he looked on surprised. Given how fast they move, that's enough time for them to have acted in that timeframe. So, I think no matter how small, it's still exploitable. Probably depends on the opponent or circumstances involved.

@BFF is right. That exploitable window where a character watches another in surprise instead of attacking is just CIS (Character Induced Stupidity). Hitsugaya has proven during his battle against Harribel and Aizen that he's not above sneak attacks when the opponent has their guard down or are otherwise distracted.

ScarletFirefly said:
Toshiro hasn't used any Kido as far as I'm aware and this is DS Gray. Are we sure we're going to consider this a fair match since he can't use pretty much 90% of his abilities?
If I'm not mistaken he created a barrier which was considered as Kido during Soul Society arc. Anyway, it can be assumed that all captains are master in Kido. It's just some of them barely use it (Kenpachi) because it's not his fighting style. Only a few characters are sucks in Kido and Renji is one of them.

Kenpachi doesn't know Kido though? And his squad members dislike it.

And yes, Hitsugaya should be decent in Kido. It's just that he's unlikely to use it.

Oh, yeah, reasons above. And his Bankai ( even when not yet matured ) still seems to be powerful enough to take Gray out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back