• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hitmonchan vs Little Mac

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
Two Nintendo characters, both that fight with their fists. Who would win?

Round 1 (Realistic): Setting is in a boxing ring. A couple rules: both trained/prepped to beat the opponent (Hitmonchan by trainer, Little Mac by Doc Louis, of course). Speed Equalized, no items, or moves Hitmonchan can learn unnaturally from the trainer, such as TMs. No Giga Mac. Just a regular boxing match.

Round 2 (Uber): Street fight. No rules. Anything goes. Bloodlusted. Giga Mac and TMs are allowed, held items are too.

ThemoonprinceN said:
Round 1: I give it to little mac
Round 2: Hitmonchan most likely cause all his element moves
I see.

So its pretty close, except in Round 2, which is how it normally would go down.

Round 1: It be close, but I think Hitmonchan would win. Mainly due to his willpower and stamina.

Round 2: Hitmonchan uses Earthquake, Little Mac has fainted.

R 1: I just can't see Hitmonchan really winning, so I'll give it to the Mac.

R 2: Hitmonchan has this due to Earthquake

MafiaFox said:
R 1: I just can't see Hitmonchan really winning, so I'll give it to the Mac.
R 2: Hitmonchan has this due to Earthquake
Hmm, true. Earthquake IS good.

But you are all forgetting something.

No S.T.A.B.(Same Type Attack Boost, which makes a move stronger if the Pokémon using the move is the same type as the move), and Hitmonchan's physical attack isn't all that special. Lower than even Hitmonlee's. What I'm saying is: Earthquake is pretty nerfed from what it is usually depicted as. Also Hitmonchan couldn't learn this move until Gen 3. Irrelevant, but still.

Info on the move: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Earthquake_(move)

Also Giga Mac in this case could tank that. He has Large Building level durability, and earthquakes from Pokémon aren't that strong even by most ground Pokémon (they are prety underpowered IMO), excluding Legendaries and Top Tiers. Hitmonchan is like, even well trained, hardly above Mid-Tier.

round 1: most likely little mac but round 2 hitmonchan he has elements to freeze and electrify giga mac

TISSG7Redgrave said:
round 1: most likely little mac but round 2 hitmonchan he has elements to freeze and electrify giga mac
Totally forgot about his elemental punches, yea that definitely gives him the win in round 2.

Hmm. Good diversity over sheer power, huh?

I can see that. I have no disagreements.

Then again I personally am not voting because I created the thread. I feel as if it's unfair. Anyway, I will point out anything I can about both characters, considering my history and knowldge with both characters and series.

Round 1: Mac

Round 2: Either Mac or Hitmonchan, Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunderpunch have low chances of causing elemental after effects.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Round 2: Either Mac or Hitmonchan, Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunderpunch have low chances of causing elemental after effects.
That's not only true, but Hitmonchan doesn't get the STAB boosts from those moves, since they aren't Fighting-type moves. They are physically weaker than a normal punch, believe it or not.

SoyHop said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
That's not only true, but Hitmonchan doesn't get the STAB boosts from those moves, since they aren't Fighting-type moves. They are physically weaker than a normal punch, believe it or not.
This is correct.

SoyHop said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Even then, getting caught on fire, being paralyzed, etc. then getting a mach punch to the face will be extremely effective doing these in a row.

Hitmonchan can also us Sky Uppercut, which IIRC managed to hurt a Registeel of all things.

MafiaFox said:
SoyHop said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Even then, getting caught on fire, being paralyzed, etc. then getting a mach punch to the face will be extremely effective doing these in a row.
Moves have PP, and can only be a certain amount of times. And constantly spamming one lowers it's power, IIRC. (I believe that's a game mechanic) Also, the chances are low, and Mac's specialty is learning to read his opponent, and dodge. So repeating it to try and land a hit will become less and less likely each time.

Hitmonchan's moves are decent, but still, even if we pull from the anime, it's ridiculous to assume that Hitmonchan's are above Tier 9-A without extreme training. Even it's base stats are lower than Hitmonlee's, its sister Pokémon. It has slighty higher defense, and a different moveset, but lower strength and speed.

Hitmonchan's best advantage might be it's diversity, but its typing and low special defense stat doesn't favor that too much.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunderpunch have low chances of causing elemental after effects.
Chances are Game Mechanics.

If my fist is on fire and i punch you, you're going to be burned.

Aparajita said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Fire Punch, Ice Punch and Thunderpunch have low chances of causing elemental after effects.
Chances are Game Mechanics.
If my fist is on fire and i punch you, you're going to be burned.
True, but it won't leave a blazing gas-fueled forest-fire sized ember on one.

I think it's just an elemental type move with a chance, and like I stated, Little Mac can tank that. Considering he wasn't even KO'd in the games be people like Mike Tyson and Mr. Dream or even Mr. Sandman. And Hitmonchan's best moves might KO him. Either way, they're looking more and more like glass cannons when we bring this up. Hitmonchan does have a rather low durability before it faints.

Game mechanics aside, look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIkt14Q60E4

Ignore the audio, and ignore the part where they are interuppted by Team Rocket. Hitmonchan FLEW and even was visably struggling to stand after that kick from Hitmonlee.

Hitmonchan was not only countered in the middle of its attack, most likely because Hitmonlee is faster and stronger, but also because of some simple physics. Compare the stance and size of a typical Hitmonchan compared to Mac or Giga Mac. That's a massive difference in size and, therefore, power.

I'm starting to think Little Mac has the advantage in Round 2, with the exception of speed.

Back