• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hiruzen Sarutobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but I honestly dont see the logic in the Sannin growing stronger, since people have mentioned that Shonen usually have increase in powerlevels during Timeskips.

According to one of the flashbacks(Not sure if filler or not), I remember Jiraiya stating that Naruto went KN4. The fact that he could react to it alone puts him at MHS before Shippuden, which scales to other characters.

Well there are two different opinions on this matter and non of them can be 100 %.

1.There is the argument that certain characters didn't grow any stronger so powerscaling is possible.(a really good argument indeed)

2.My argument that fictional universes such as Naruto recieve a tremendus power up and due to inconsistencies powerscaling pre time skip to post time skip should be avoided.(an argument that holds some truth in it).

I've stated my personal opinion about this a few times now and repeating myself gets a bit tiring.Αgain my opinion is not an Axiom, it's my opinion and it may as well be false but it will not change in this matter.

Ah thank you.

One more thing though. Doesn't Pre Shippuden Jiraiya scale to KN4 in terms of speed?

Since there is one flashback(Is it cannon?) where Jiraiya tells Tsunade about the second time he ever came close to death.

The flashback happened between the time skips (probably a bit before part 2 since Naruto seemed to be a bit older but i don't remember since it's been years since i watched that part).

Yea, mb. Wiki says 2 years into the timeskip.

Not even sure what to do now, Lol.

I'll try thinking about more incidents, I guess. I'll post any in this thread as soon as I think of some.

Edit : How about other's opinion on this?

LlamaGod1411 said:
Yea, mb. Wiki says 2 years into the timeskip.

Not even sure what to do now, Lol.

I'll try thinking about more incidents, I guess. I'll post any in this thread as soon as I think of some.

Edit : How about other's opinion on this?
If i remember, Naruto with 3 Tails blitzed Orochimaru and Kakashi blitzed Naruto with 1 Tail

Cap 277 and Cap 291

^ 3tailed Naruto blitzed Orochimaru?

I don't really remember that scene. Was Orochimaru like completely serious and bloodlusted in that fight?

Or was he just like testing the waters?

Because I remember him being able to quite easily react to KN4 Naruto's Bijuu Dama, summoning the Rashomon.

I think that following Kkapoios suggestion seems to avoid the most troubles with inconsistencies.

Antvasima said:
I think that following Kkapoios suggestion seems to avoid the most troubles with inconsistencies.
The problem is that the manga says Edo Tensei states that are weaker than in life

And do not tell me it was scaling back because it is a special state and clarified in the manga. And dead is not a character gets stronger

Well, if we accepted your proposition, somebody would have to be willing to reevaluate the scaling for all of the Naruto characters, and I do not think that anybody in the staff has the time and interest right now.

@Narutouchiha95, Scan for Manga stating that Edo are weaker than in life?

@Antvasima, Tbh, I see equal amounts of inconsistencies on both sides.

If resources are an issue, I could try and help?

Or have it in some kind of a to-do list, maybe?

I don't think that this would scale to many characters. It would just be Hiruzen and Kabuto(Probably).

Well, as a principle, we generally do not tend to scale backwards, so I would be uneasy with this. However, I can highlight the thread for more input.

LlamaGod1411 said:
@Narutouchiha95, Scan for Manga stating that Edo are weaker than in life?

@Antvasima, Tbh, I see equal amounts of inconsistencies on both sides.

If resources are an issue, I could try and help?

Or have it in some kind of a to-do list, maybe?

I don't think that this would scale to many characters. It would just be Hiruzen and Kabuto(Probably).
When Orochimaru use the Edo Tensei with the four hokages, Tobirama says that they had almost all their power. When Madara When Madara will resurrect, Hashirama says they should stop or he will have all his power back.

I do not remember if that ever mentioned again. Anyway, the Edo Tensei never revives a character 100% in terms of statistics.

All forums and other wikis Naruto know about this. Look inform yourself. I can not bring scans because I will not review the whole war to see where they say it explicitly. I do not have time for that, and it is a matter of logic.

PD: Sorry for my english

PD2: In my opinion it is to consider characters similar speeds just to have a small battle or two pages. For example, say that Anko and Shizune are MSH.

@Narutouchiha95, I'll take your word for it, I guess?

Edit : Nevermind. I just remembered the Kabuto-Madara dialogue. Thank You.

LlamaGod1411 said:
@Narutouchiha95, I'll take your word for it, I guess?

Edit : Nevermind. I just remembered the Kabuto-Madara dialogue. Thank You.
Nothing, I do what I can

I know a lot about Naruto, I can help you if you want to change a lot of information sheets about the characters. (Update, Upgrade, Downgrade, etc.)

PD: Sorry for my english

Just commenting, but, shouldnt anyone who could keep up with itachi pre-skip (which are... the Sannin, kakashi, and some others) get MHS speed? Itachi, if anything, got weaker, not stronger.

PaChi2 said:
Just commenting, but, shouldnt anyone who could keep up with itachi pre-skip (which are... the Sannin, kakashi, and some others) get MHS speed? Itachi, if anything, got weaker, not stronger.
Yes, we need three keys for Itachi

Key: Pre-Time/Shippuden/Edo Tensei

In shippuden Itachi is weaker and he needs medicines to be alive and Edo Tensei he doesn´t problems with his hill

Well, the issue seems to be more or less dealt with so I'll add my two cents.

The scaling wouldn't be that much of a problem if the descriptions weren't so vague. Why is Obito being comparable to RM Naruto impressive?

Is it because Naruto is comparable to Bijuu bombs?

Unless you're familiar with the franchise, these things won't mean anything to you.

Simply adding: "…comparable to Bijuu Bombs that can travel across seas in seconds," would be much more helpful.

It would be even better, to add calculations such as said Bijuu Bomb's equating to that of velocities of Mach 300 for reference.

Sasuke's reasoning is good, but "Able to evade multiple weapons from numerous opponents, kept up with Orochimaru", the former of which is too unquantifiable to be used as reference, and the latter, well, probably outdated.

Instead, "Superior/comparable to genins such as Temari, who can react to and repel sound based attacks" could suffice instead.

@TheMightyRegulator Feel free to adjust the pages that you deem appropriate for greater clarity then. Which ones do you need temporarily unlocked?

Ah thank you TheMightyRegulator

And good point, Narutouchiha95.

Scaling in Naruto is far more inconsistent than I thought it was.

LlamaGod1411 said:
Ah thank you TheMightyRegulator

And good point, Narutouchiha95.

Scaling in Naruto is far more inconsistent than I thought it was.
I don´t see the Scaling in Naruto difficult. But if you hace many characters with that they aren´t...

Antvasima said:
@TheMightyRegulator Feel free to adjust the pages that you deem appropriate for greater clarity then. Which ones do you need temporarily unlocked?
Naruto, Sasuke, the 4th Raikage, Obito, Kaguya and maybe Kurama? A more thorough revision should take place when possible though.

Okay. Feel free to ask an administrator or content moderator who is online at the moment to temporarily unlock them for you when you need to. You can tell them that I okayed it.

So have all the changes been made? If someone needs the profiles unlocked, I will unlock their profiles.

Propose the changes that you are going to make as well as the profiles being changed however.

I do not think that TheMightyRegulator has had the time to change them yet.

I think that some of the profiles that Mighty mentioned are currently locked however. He may need help in accessing them.

Yes, but that's based on a recently revised calculation. Many of the characters were considered MHS before then:

Naruto Uzumaki: Massively Hypersonic (can be scaled to Bijuudama speeds, also deflected 5 Bijuudamas in a flash and sent them crashing on mountains far away) |

From what i remember the Bijuudama was calced to be mach 234 while pain wa mach 400.There is no problem with the descriptions

The very fact that needs to be stated here instead of it being automatically listed or linked into the profiles pretty much shows how vague they are.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having multiple reasons for a listed statistic, especially considering not everyone trusts calculations.

In the end, if you so desire the profiles can stay as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back