• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hiraga Saito vs Bell Cranel

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
Hiraga Saito - 1

vs

Bell Cranel - 0

Saito vs bell

Fight conditions:

• Standard Equipment
  • In-character but willing to kill if necessary
  • Level 3 Bell
  • Saito after being nursed back to health post-Albion
Scenario:

They both get pulled by Grandmaster from their respective planets to have a gladiatorial fight where the victor gets to go back home and the loser gets stuck in a room with this guy for all eternity.

Vs map vytal

Er... I rewatched the fight scene between Saito and Fouquet's golem. Saito was able to slice off chunks of the golem (i.e. a limb) which regenerated soon afterward. He was only able to destroy it completely after Louise gave him the "Staff of Destruction"/Rocket Launcher.

That said, my knowledge of Zero no Tsukaima does not extend past the anime. So please correct me if things turned out differently in the novel.

On the other hand, Bell's Argonaut grants him a serious advantage over Saito due to the sheer power it's able to provide. Derf might be able to absorb Firebolts, but Bell can use them in close combat to deny Saito that opportunity.

While Gandalfr provides better overall skill, Bell seems to be more ingenious and quick thinking (kicking up dust against an invisible opponent) and seems to work better while under pressure (Quickly slaughtered several Minotaurs despite being hungry, exhausted, and wounded without supplies).

I'd give it to Bell high difficulty.

Reppuzan said:
So please correct me if things turned out differently in the novel.
Welp, I wanted to talk about this once I had all feats together from the novels, in order to fix it properly, but... In the novel he doesn't even try to damage the golem without the rocket launcher.

Hence I said "for now" in my first post, since stats will change.

Edit: though one thing to mention on Delf's magic absorption is, that it is like a vacuum. In other words it will suck in all magic around saito, which means that close combat firebolt is not as effective as one might think.

In the anime Saito destroyed one Golem in one hit

I don't know if that was the same case in the novel tho

I guess I'll put this on hold for a while, while I make a revision thread for Saito.

Back