• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Chun Li loses in every category but skill

But the skill difference between the two is huge.

Chun Li is a master martial artist especially with her flurry kickstyle and her Kikosho's which have a very good AoE. Even impressing Urien one of the best fighters in the world.

Hilda is noted as being unskilled to the point that peoplephysically weaker then her are capable of beating her

Range and skill make me give this to Chun 5.5/10 with very high difficulty, as Hilda beats her in every other category

I would honestly put this at incon. Hilda is horribly unskilled yes, however she is still one who is gonna blade spam. However, there is the fact that Chun Li is far more skilled. Despite this, in her own Arcade Mode, Hilda manages to defeat those who beat her in every other so it's possible for her to beat more skilled fighters like Linne or Gordeau. It overall depends on how it all plays out. But, there is also the fact that Hilda is further from the AP of the baseline characters as she is one of the Top Tiers. I'd say it's more 50/50 with me leaning toward Hilda overall simply due to her sheer power and abilities.

At best it's like a 2X advantage for Hilda but yeah, she's physically stronger then baselines

That said, Hilda spams blades from a distance or up close?

If it's up close, she's kinda screwed, if at far, Chun can still use Kikosho to match her projectiles

She does so from a range, she's a zoner-based fighter. Hilda can also cover the area in Darkness and attack while Chun Li can't even see her.

Chun Li is more then capable of using multiple Kikoshos to weed out said ranged attacks, even if they aren't as powerful

That may be a problem, albeit she has expirience against from Juri who is also arguably better then Hilda fight wise.

Darkness I forgot though, back to Incon.

I mean, Hilda also has a specific omnidirectional blade spam attack with Impalement (the attack name). Of course, there is also In the Darkness which is Hilda shrouding the area in Darkness.

Not to mention, if Chun-Li stays at fighting at a range, she'd lose as Hilda is noted to have an infinite supply of EXS, meaning she has an infinite energy source.

Chun isn't going to fight at range, I was just offering the idea that Chun can use Kikosho to redirect them away.

As for Darkness, I bring up her fight with Juri.

Even when they are coming at all sides? Hilda also has multiple ways to blade spam and can make one appear right in front of an enemy before they can react. Not to mention Hilda can teleport and create forcefields. Actually, despite the skill stuff, I am actually going to vote Hilda simply due to her options here. And Hilda has beaten more skilled opponents before. See her Arcade Mode and Hyde's Arcade mode where in both she beat Linne who is the first to note her lack of skill and I would argue is more skilled than Chun-Li due to having over 500+ years of experience in combat.

Other Arcades have her lose via skill yes, but she has also lost due to other reasons.

Tornado Kick can deal with the omnidirectional blades just fine, it's not going to be an easy to dodge but it will definitely redirect them.

Being 500 years old isn't expirience without actual fights against notable opponents. Expirience=/=Skill, as noted in the Renamon fight with Neo.

What other reasons? I recall her losing a standard fight albeit my knowledge on Under Night is rather old

"Tornado Kick can deal with the omnidirectional blades just fine, it's not going to be an easy to dodge but it will definitely redirect them."

Even when Hilda can continue to do so without worrying about stamina issues?

"Being 500 years old isn't expirience without actual fights against notable opponents. Expirience=/=Skill, as noted in the Renamon fight with Neo."

I am not sold on this idea but whatever, I don't care to pursue it. Linne is directly a former member of the Night Blade in which was an organization of highly trained warriors and should be comparable in skill to Waldstein who has fought in wars before as well as members of the Licht Kriess. And Linne has been living for 500+ years training and fighting various voids and In-Births.

Hyde Story: His weapon literally counters an In-Birth. Note that she defeated Linne who is far more skilled right before her fight with Hyde.

Linne Story: This was a skill based defeat. Not to mention that thanks to Speed Star which gives her a passive speed boost, Linne had the speed advantage.

Waldstein Story: Waldstein has power greater than hers as he fought Kuo on even grounds and is more skilled.

Seth Story: Same situation as Linne.

Carmine: Unknown, simply implied he overpowered her, although he has more skill in combat normally.

Orie and Wagner: Skill based victories with Wagner likely having power close to hers.

Gordeau: Same as Wagner.

Chaos: Same as Wagner. Also, Chaos is a tactician and likely came up with a strategy in his fight.

Byakuya: In his story, he had absorbed the EXS from multiple beings and gained power superior to hers.

Yuzuriha: Skill and Yuzuriha nulled her powers.

Merkava and Vatista: They're stronger than Hilda.

That's off the top of my head.

Hida's story: Defeats all her opponents.

I don't see why not, especially since if Chun repeatedly tries to dodge with one technique, I don't think Hilda will keep doing the same technique.

The rest are fair points however

About Hyde and Linne, which route is canon?

We assume the Hyde route is the end all be all canon and use the other routes to get info on abilities and scaling.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
So forgive my ignorance, but shouldn't Hilda's Type 5 come in handy here?
That Type 5 means she can't die, but if she takes a critical blow, she as an In-Birth loses all her powers.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
We assume the Hyde route is the end all be all canon and use the other routes to get info on abilities and scaling.
That makes much more sense

Hilda FRA

Back