• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread

Shining Trapezohedron said:
I am sorry but how does magic work in DxD again? I dont know how to explained it to some friend of mine.
I'm not sure if this is what you may be looking for but this is how it's explained in DxD when it comes to DxD's magic. Here are the quotes if this may help:

Volume 14 Life 3

"In other words. Magic is something where you need knowledge and calculations to know "If I do this, this will happen" -nya. There are phenomenons even I don't understand, and you can't make things like that occur using magic -nya. Though there are spell casters who can use magic which isn't properly solved with their senses and talents. They are special people where you need to add the word "super" ten times in front of the word "rare"."
--------------------------
"Yeah, demonic-power is something which you use to turn your imagination into actual form, and magic is something where you use equations to make supernatural phenomenon occur, right?"
"If you have to separate them simply, yes, that is correct. Demonic-power requires the power to use imagination and the power to create, and it requires having good sense. Magic is just knowledge to control equations, and you need to use your head and need calculations, so they are different even though it may seem similar."

Yep, that's it. I find it kinda funny that Rossweisse is an expert in magic that requires calculations, but she's not so good at demonic power that requires a good sense of imagination.

You guys remember how the Holy Grail allowed Qlippoth to see where Trihexa was sealed at the end of the world by God? I was wondering what "end of the world" means?

Could it mean the foreseen end of the world, as in the apocalypse? Or does it mean the end of the physical planet? I'm not sure the physical planet has an actual end, though Rizevim did manage to somehow relocate it.

I guess, its probably none of those and a place that is suppose to be the place where the Apocalypse is suppose to take place between the Three Factions. That's what I think is made by God himself in order to bring Dies Irae (See what I did there) or just happen to use some of his magic to make it after he succesfully sealed Trihexa.

Yeah, I agree. I would like to know where he actually stands in term of rank and other things included. But He's not in the Top Ten Strongest that is for sure.

I would like to hear what power do you guys think Indra and Shiva possessed? Others than the obvious of course:

I think destruction was mentioned for Shiva, but I got no idea about Indra. Maybe it might be connected to something from their myths.

I remember Vidar saying something about gods manipulating fate. Dunno if it's actual fate manipulation though.

Hmm, I can't remember. But he's the god of destruction, so it might mean something different from standard destruction.

By the way, I wonder if the House of Gremory have their own signature technique? The other clans do; Belial with Worthless, Sitri with water, Phoenix with fire, air, and immortality, Abaddon with Hole, Bael with Power of Destruction, Agares with Time, etc.

It's possible that Ishibumi didn't expand on their ability since Rias, Sirzechs, and Millicas inherited the Power of Destruction. Though, we didn't get anything on the Astaroth and Glasya-Labolas.

I agree, some mention to their ability would be fine since a lot of them feel left out.

By the way, if Dragon SG have Juggernaut Drive and other Creature SG have Breakdown the Beast then what form beyond BxB do you guys want or think other Longinus have? For me, it would be Almighty Drive.

Hmm, I don't know if other Longinus have something like that. Azazel did say BxB is the ultimate powerup of Sacred Gears, but they probably can attain further powerups with enough training and intense emotions. Tobio does have his Abyss Side Balance Breaker and Gasper's Sacred Gear evolved further, seeing as he was already forced into Balance Breaker all the way back in Volume 4, and it looked nothing like his current state.

I don't think they'd have a unified name though. For example, I don't know if possessors of Fafnir and Vritra could have Juggernaut Drive. The name of the transformation might be different.

In the past, it would be a shame if BxB is where they stopped but I was happy that they can keep on evolving.

I am still confuse about Abyss side BxB, its very similar to fusion with your SG right?

Yep.

Probably. That Grim Reaper did ask Tobio whether he had gone too deep into his Sacred Gear or something like that, so it's possible.

Between Tobio Canis Lykaon and Zephyr (Silverio Vendetta) chant. I like Zephyr chant a bit more. If anyone were wondering about that latter chant, I haved a translated version of it.

Its a LN. Yes. I happen to request one of the nice translator to do it once for me. Mainly because I loved the series so much.

Here is the translated one, although, its very rough:

Even creation, the celestials stars that dwell in the sky, Òâ╝ we are the glittering stars.

That precious shining body of yours, you always know how to stop the destruction of the precious ones.

Eat human flesh! Be corrupted in my selfishness. It can't be helped that you passionately wish for the fall of gods.

The dazzling brightness, it would be good to destroy everything down.

The thousand curse of the groaning of those who suffer. What you eat are hundred millions of hope, be cut off from death, be cut off from death. Don't leave anything behind and turn them do dust.

In my body there is already an evil wolf residing even now it is still aching.

Oh, scream of revenge, roar to the sky, bark to the darkness hollowly

Metalnova - silver cry (kanji is super new starÒâ╝confusion cry, the deeply sinned silver werewolf

Code:
what you may be looking for but this is how it's explained in DxD when it comes to DxD's magic
Read Slash Dog. Lavinia give Tobio good explanation of Magic:

For three days of training Lavinia told Tobio about it. Magic - this is something that is created by "God" miracles and demonic energy of the "Demons", in other words, supernatural phenomena, which the great elder mage reproduced as close as possible with the help of his theory-equations. Each phenomenon corresponds to a certain law; their measurement, calculation and manifestation is "magic." These magical circles are something akin to an answer to the calculations for releasing supernatural phenomena. These two transform the paranormal phenomena into their own formulas, and then reproduce them.

Top five strongest humans 1. Tobio (for his many abilities and power) 2. Vasco Strada (greastest raw power among this five and experiense) 3. Cao Cao (held his own agains BtB Sairaog whose power is strongest among maou-class characters or weakest among Battle-type God-class beings, greatest strategist among five) 4. Kanzaki (for his hax abitities that could affect even God-class in double Balance Breaker mode) 5. Arthur

You mean the quoted chant for Zephyr. It's good, but I don't like this part:

Eat human flesh! Be corrupted in my selfishness. It can't be helped that you passionately wish for the fall of gods.

The dazzling brightness, it would be good to destroy everything down.

The thousand curse of the groaning of those who suffer. What you eat are hundred millions of hope, be cut off from death, be cut off from death. Don't leave anything behind and turn them do dust.

It just makes him seem like a douche. Aside from my personal feelings about his words, it's cool for me.

(I don't know if he's a bad guy).

Illustrations for Volume 2 of SLASHD├ÿG look better than the first. Suzaku looks cooler than Akeno, Natsume and Lavinia look great as always, and Kid Vali looks awesome in Balance Breaker.

Is Tobio gonna get his own harem? Possibly Lavinia and Sae. Maybe Natsume, but she might be for Same.

(By the way, I made a page for Tobio ------> Tobio Ikuse)

By the way what stats Tobio has in Abyss side BxB. It should be stronger than Night Celestial Slash Dogs, which is surely Maou-class since the blade Jin have in his mounth could kill a gods (non battle type though)

Also "Leo" start translating Volume 25 with 3zx edition. From Life.0 we already could say that "current Maou-classes" are strong enough to take on non battle type Gods 1 VS 1.

I personally think Abyss Side BxB Tobio will fight against EJOD Vali. It wouldn't make sense if BxB Vali is able to beat Tobio at his strongest, so it'd have to be EJOD.

Yeah, I saw that but I've not touched it yet. I'm waiting for the full translation. :)

Thanks. I also made one for Diehauser. Have we seen any member of his peerage? I don't think so.

Well, no better Christmas present for me than DxD material. :)

Nah, they never made an appearance even though they were mentioned and kind of hyped in Volume where Leonardo monster attack of course.

Yeah, it is no better christmas present for me as well.

Back