• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #3

Have you guys heard of the current situation? Apparently, a copyright issue came up with the original publishers and everything at BT is in the process of deletion.

Looks like the translations will continue for now, but not at BT. I am quite glad.

Also, it seems like the Leviathan (descendants) have animal manipulation for creatures that reside in water.

@Vergil

So is it true that Serafall and Grayfia fought for days in Zero?

If the DxD Zero translation and the Baka-Tsuki DMCA are hints of an eventual official release, I really hope they get much better people for the project and handle the editing much more severely. I'm very disappointed with how the Zero translation has translated "maryoku/demonic power" to "magic", which will cause problems as Shin 1 established they are different. And according to a user in the wiki they also rewrote "Malebranche" as "Malbranke" and "Scarmiglione" as "Skullmillione". All of this seem like hard bad signals.

Truly not a good sign by any means. I'd hate if it ends up like that. Reminds me of that "Two Heavenly Dragons" ----> "Twin Sky Dragons" thing that initially happened in the dub.

Well, seems like the top tiers are getting upgraded to Low 6-B so that's a measure of good news.

Anyone else think that the members of Slash Dog (including Lavinia and the other Four Fiends possessor) will have Abyss Side aside from Tobio?

So, when we get more Slash Dog translations, should we make a separate verse page for the novel or add all the characters to the DxD page? I'm asking this cause there are characters from Slash Dog that don't appear in the main series for whatever reason (ex: Augusta and the Magicians of Oz, Sataniel, Ghost of the Gods, etc).

Is there a name for the franchise as a whole? Fate's in a similar situation where there are multiple timelines with different series but they managed to put it all on one page.

What do you guys think if Ishibumi decides to release another special volume for the fifth season? I would hope so much for it to be the Great War, not sure if one volume could cover everything satisfactorily though.

I dont think he should, we pretty much already get the gist of Great war, everysingle faction pick a side, except for Dragon, Ddraig and Albion interupt the war, Ddraig and Albion is sealed, God died, amd finally ceasefire.

If Ishibumi would make a volume that cover the Great war, we would need another protagonist to cover that volume, since Dxd is mainly delivered in POV of a protagonist. Also, I dont think a single volume is enough to cover the Great War.

The powers that lended their assistance in the Great War to different sides were "Fairies, spirits, European monsters, Asian Youkai and humans.", not "every single faction". Also, the amount we know of the Great War is about the same we knew of the Civil War, and yet we got to know a lot more through Zero. Dismissing a story on the Great War so easily is very imprudent.

Personally I would like Ishibumi to write some more light-hearted stories. Maybe something about the Fallen Angel leaders when they were still in Heaven. I would also like a short story that features Shemhazai prominently, but that's more due to my personal likes.

I'm all up for anything concerning some lesser prominent characters. I've also desired stories where other factions are expanded upon in some manner (ex: Celtic and Egyptian things). I don't mind if it's through the eyes of the main characters too. I'd even take something on ExE, I'm curious to see how their world is in general.

I'd also like to see Azazel's past as the most sinister fallen angel since he'll die. The way Michael described him in relation to his first artificial SG does not make him out as a bad person, but he's said to be evil in the past.

I'ld love to see a story with the God of the Bible. The Great War with his death will be great Or another story in the futur, with Ise as an adult and no just a cameo, to see what he'll became

Haven't been up for months here.

Just noticed the revisions lately. For now, I just wanted to tackle on a specific minor thing. I know that this may not give the profiles upgrades but I would like to fix one of the information regarding one of the justifications in one of the profiles.

Just saw it on Issei's page about oliterating Kyoto but I would like to know: Do you guys meant that he destroyed Kyoto entirely when it was stated in the profile?

if this was the case, I'll need to explain why Issei didn't actually fully obliterated Kyoto but only the portion of it. I'm not sure if it may warrant a blog or another CRT thread to at least explain it since I think there's misconceptions in regards to the Kyoto feat.

In the novel, he and the other second year members of the ORC fought in a 1:1 scale replica version of Kyoto that was built much sturdier than the normal city and when he charged up his attack and used his Triana Bishop blaster, he described it as covering the entire city as well as little outside and the sky. So yeah, he destroyed

if this was the case, I'll need to explain why Issei didn't actually fully obliterated Kyoto but only the portion of it. I'm not sure if it may warrant a blog or another CRT thread to at least explain it since I think there's misconceptions in regards to the Kyoto feat.

Without hitting anyone, the cannon blast continued flying onward far away behind them.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A large explosion shook the entire space while the city in the background was engulfed by the gigantic aura!

…The energy continued to spread, surrounding the entire city with intense light!

As the bright light faded, nothing was left! The cannon blast eliminated the entire scenery, and even the game field was affected and the artificial dimension began to show signs of distortion!

"…Destroyed the whole city! Hey! If he keeps firing, this dimension won't last!"

He detroyed the whole city

Generally speaking, for combat-relevant tiers, it goes like:'

- Low-class Devil level: Should include people such as Rias' peerage (save for Akeno) prior to training for the Riser Rating Game and most of Riser's Pawns.

- Mid-class Devil level: Not sure of which characters actually fall at this tier, but if I had to guess judging by how Yuuto with his Balance Breaker could "easily" defeat a Mid-class Fallen Angel thanks to its abilities, I would say pre-BB Yuuto, base Koneko before Volume 5 and Volume 3 Irina and Xenovia (without Durandal) would be around this level.

- High-class Devil level: Includes people like Riser, Issei with his incomplete Balance Breaker and initial Balance Breaker state, along with base Sairaorg.

- Ultimate-class Devil level: Has pre-Azazel Cup Cardinal Crimson Issei and pre-Azazel Cup Balance Breaker Sairaorg. High ends of this class could be in a subclass for "Dragon King level", with people such as Bikou, perhaps Grendel and Ladon, and Ryuuta.

- Maou-class Devil level: This one also has respective sub-classes, as it can be used to refer to people comparable to the former Four Maou (weaker end) or to the second generation, current Four Maou (stronger). People described as Maou-class include current CxC Issei and current BxB Sairaorg, Grayfia (stronger subclass), Serafall (stronger subclass), Diehauser (stronger subclass) and Falbium (stronger subclass). The stronger end of this class can manage defensive battles against gods or can even fight on par with and defeat gods who are not combat-focused.

- "Beyond" Maou-class: A vague tier applied to Balor Rias primarily, and in lesser measure seems to also include Sonneilon and Gressil. Balor Rias could rather easily dispatch a high-end Maou-class like Grayfia, fought an 80% Fenrir without being at a disadvantage (such an opponent should at least be "normal" God-class, and Rias only lost because stamina issues weakened her) and also had the chance of injuring PDxD Issei in the Heavenly Dragon level. However, it is unknown how much of this was covered by Rias' Power of Destruction's unique qualities, hence I am conservatively putting it somewhat below normal god-class (unconfirmed).

- Normal God level: God-class characters begin to have a huge spectrum of power difference despite being all called by "god-class", so I will use this one to refer to characters such as Loki and Artemis. Loki showed clear superiority to characters who should be comparable to the lower end Maou-class when he blocked without issue attacks from both Azazel and Baraqiel, but a higher end Maou-class like Grayfia, with adequate assistance, could manage a more or less equal battle with Artemis. Going by his performance against Xenovia + Irina + Ryuuta, Strada should either be high end in this tier or halfway through to the next one.

- Chief God level: Ex mentioned this class to describe the Seven Luminaries, so I think it's fair to include it. Should refer to people on the level of Apollon, and maybe Odin.

- Lower Top 10 level: We enter the true big leagues. Characters here should include Vidar with his special shoes, and by extension Thor, as well as people such as Typhon and Fenrir via retcon.

- Middle Top 10 level (Heavenly Dragon-class): Includes people like DxD L Vali, PDxD Issei, Ddraig, Crom Cruach, as well as Azi Dahaka and Apophis. Characters in this tier are noticeably stronger than the previous one, but they can still be harmed by the lower end of the Top 10 and fights between them are not absolute stomps, as Boots!Vidar could harm Issei in PDxD and Typhon noticeably tired Ddraig out. People in this tier have an ambiguous relation to the Super Devil tier, with Ddraig describing it as such that they can fight them, but this becomes vague with the immense difference within that tier.

- Super Devil level: One of the more complex tiers. It includes people who are noticeably superior to the high end Maou, but these people can also have immense difference among themselves. Proof of this is in Rizevim, who was much weaker than a Heavenly Dragon-class, and was described as much weaker than Sirzechs and Ajuka, who should be comparable (perhaps weaker or stronger, though likely not by an immense margin). This discrepancy makes this tier hard to judge.

- Middle-High Top 10 level: Includes people such as Indra and Mahabali with his special weapons. Implied to require two Heavenly Dragon-class fighters in a well coordinated tag team to take one of these guys out. Incomplete Ophis, going by her power level being twice of a Heavenly Dragon, might be included here (not confirmed).

- High Top 10 level: Includes people like Shiva, who was the one specifically addressed by Azazel to deal with Trihexa if he got unsealed, hinting that people in this tier might be able to at least do something against it and maybe a Dragon God-class, but according to Cao Cao's words, a great difference still exists between this tier and the Dragon God one.

- Dragon God level: Normally the highest tier. Has people like Ophis and Great Red as its high end and Trihexa as its lower end. A single being in this tier is enough to take on pretty much armies of most of the previous tiers, being able to handle even god-classes by the dozens if the Isolation Barrier Field battle is anything to go by.

- "Evil God" level: Unofficially termed tier for people like Melvazoa and his siblings. This should be the highest tier for now, and people in this tier are noticeably superior to even the high ends of the previous tier going by "Secret Talk".

Yeah, Jester summed it up quite nicely. But should a section be added for the above Maou-class individuals like Balorias, Gressil and Sonneillon?

late post again for me

"entire city" and "whole city" have a weird context behind this one given where was it fired from and the location of everyone in that fight

Anyway, here's the CRT thread I made about the Kyoto feat explanation: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3166059

I know that it seems like a minor detail but I think it's still important especially when presenting feats properly

My wordings may not be the best or seem clumsy so please try to understand what I'm trying to get at somehow...

@Demonicjester01

Technically True DxD Issei is a Super Devil right?

Also, Krudelu, I'm still not buying what you are saying. Entire and whole mean the same thing, so I'm going with the belief it was all of Kyoto.

Assuming Euclid makes his comeback (Ishibumi did kinda hint so in the Vol 17 afterword), anyone else think he could kidnap Grayfia this time? Lol.

@Robo

I mean, it is definitely suspect with the 'new' information about their location, which is extremely important. There's no logical way the entire city would have been destroyed without anyone being harmed except everyone was at the extreme edges of the dimension, but it's repeatedly stated that the battle is situated at Nijou (never bothered investigating, so I had no idea that it's actually located in the middle of Kyoto). It's also very unlike Ise to aim a cannon blast in a way that the blast range would reach his comrades. So if they were smack in the middle like the thread proves, the blast would have vaporized half of the place instead of everything.

It crossed my mind before (as in, destroying the whole place but the blast never actually harms anyone), but I just saw it as Ishibumi ignoring logic, as his intent was probably for the whole thing to be destroyed, as Jester said. In any case, as is the norm for Ise, it's possible he controlled it so the blast range wouldn't reach his comrades and Georg's dimension is designed to be real sturdy, so still a decent feat.

Well, I'll make a new thread since this is close to the limit. Vol 3 isn't out yet, so guess I'll just use the Le Fay cover.

Back