• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School D×D Discussion Thread #3

Does anyone think Issei could have used True DxD if Ddraig didn't come out on time? I believe so because Issei said he got something in regards to Dragon Deification in Volume 23 (connected to Ophis and Lilith) and both of them said they'd help him in the match against Typhon if he got into serious trouble. Although Issei mentally replied as though they were implying they'd join his team, that's obviously not possible in that context.

After the Typhon fight, Issei did say Ddraig was very worn out, though. Also remember that initially Sairaorg could no sell Triaina Rook's punch, but then eventually upon piling up CxC's which shouldn't be much weaker he was still damaged. It might just be that he took little damage, but still something. Or Typhon was holding back, or Ishibumi just wrote Worf-style for the sake of hype.

An issue with Vidar is that his boots were made to counter Fenrir, so they're not necessarily as dangerous when not used against him. For example, Samael can affect anyone, but is much more deadly against dragons. Therefore I don't think that Thor, while being at Vidar's level with boots, is necessarily as strong as Fenrir, but that the boots have affinity toward Fenrir, while still having some power increase in general.

And I have no idea about him managing to use TDxD then, since the whole "Ophis and Lilith resonating" thing is very vague.

At the very least, Typhon couldn't be holding back his power for the initial bolts of lightning since he was screaming for Ddraig to come out like a maniac, lol. And it was mentioned that Typhon was trembling in excitement or something along those lines, so it's more likely that Ddraig accumulated the damage after some attacks. No idea as to how much Apollon could have contributed since he was trashed with ease.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Yeah, that's hinted in Zero. There are now 18 Longinus. Valerie doesn't fight and Mitsuya has two, so we can assume 16 Longinus possessors vs 12 Malebranche (wielders). Valerie will probably act as support for Gasper.
What was Malebranche? I don't remember it being mentioned.

The Malebranche are living weapons made by the Old Maou with Agreas crystals, inspired by the Sacred Gears and Longinus. They were mentioned in DxD Zero.

What Jester said + they're currently sealed because the first generation Maou felt threatened by their power. Apparently, only Lucifuge and Lucifer descendants are permitted to unseal them and their leader is supposed to be particularly strong. It's hinted that they'll be unsealed when all of the Longinus possessors assemble.

Though I'm not sure why it's only noted that Fenrir is afraid of Vidar because of the MB. It should technically be the same for Vidar because Fenrir has god slaying fangs which should be similarly effective against Vidar, and both are melee combatants. Guess I'd give it to Vidar though; he has strengthening magic to buff himself and weakening magic + binding magic.

Difficult to tell, but I'm willing to say Malacoda will be stronger than Maou-class.

It could be higher; I'm hoping Leonardo will use his god slaying monsters against them. I'm quite disappointed he could not make it to the tournament. I'd have loved to see the debut of his god killing beasts there.

@Burning Fenrir being afraid of Vidar is tongue-in-cheek. It's mostly a joke because in Ragnarok from Norse Mythology Vidar is the one who murders Fenrir.

And speaking of Leonardo, I'm actually hoping he will make it for the Surtr game or some point in the current tournament stage. I think Surtr (Fire Giant) vs Leonardo's Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch would be amazing.

It was already so much time left since Volume 7. Ishi change his mind already several times and after Volume 22 whole power balance change greatly so you shouldn't pay attention to statement that was overwelm by feats.

Vergil@

Yup, Ishibumi in the first half didnt know the power scale so he just throw this power scale around just to test or work it out. So he kind of just rectcon thing as he like now.

We have old statement that Fenrir equal to prime Ddraig but now we see that Prime Ddraig easily wrecked character equal or stronger than Fenrir and in same time trash Chief God. You still believe in this statements.

P.S. Ddraig done that by just warming up lol.

When did I ever try to believe in that old statement?

At this point, I wouldnt even dare to take statement seriously if Ishibumi does contradict himself again.

There are some people still believe that since Vali in DxD L is above HD levels in Albion prime due to him fought Crom Cruach on almost equal footing. LOL, I am not kidding about that.

Well Vali above them in speed, tehniques and abilities. But his attack power and defence on their level. Thanks to that three points he was able to somehow fight almost equaly agains Crom. And Crom surpass them physicaly, in AP and Durability and also in power of dragon abilities.

Demonicjester01 said:
And speaking of Leonardo, I'm actually hoping he will make it for the Surtr game or some point in the current tournament stage. I think Surtr (Fire Giant) vs Leonardo's Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch would be amazing.
That would be cool, but wasn't it stated that the second Surtr could have burned Jabberwocky to ashes?

Yup, Ishibumi in the first half didnt know the power scale so he just throw this power scale around just to test or work it out. So he kind of just rectcon thing as he like now

Honestly, that's the case. DxD was still in its formative stages in terms of powerscaling, so statements from that period should be examined carefully. That's what I think about Country level Satans. Ishibumi could have planned for them to be at that level initially, but he decided to hold himself back and not portray them at that level. Just my opinion though.

@Vergil Warming up is a boast, just like when Ddraig said he and Albion are the strongest. If you take everything at face value then you should say that Ddraig is now stronger than Great Red and Ophis, which we know is not the case. And also, a warm-up doesn't leave you "pretty worn out", as Issei described Ddraig after the battle.

@Burning Possibly, but of course, I don't mean the Jabberwocky and Bandersnatch alone could beat Surtr. I just think it's comceptually a fun match-up.

Just realized that Augusta and Mitsuya are the only people to have wielded two Longinus simultaneously, except we count the situation with Issei and Divine Dividing which would make it three.

How strong is Augusta anyway? High-class or Ultimate-class?

She was beaten by a tag team of Vali in BxB and BxB Tobio when in Lavinia's body, so on her own she might have been Ultimate-class? Perhaps a bit lower due to age.

Ultimate-class sounds about right. I don't think she'd be Maou-class.

Assuming Slash Dog ends at six volumes, we still have David, Satanael, the Ghost of the Gods, and the Wizards of Oz to deal with. The rest of the volumes will be action packed. I hope I'm not missing any major antagonist.

Isn't it possible that Resetoras and Chichigami are (above) Dragon God-class? They're also pillar gods in the ExE world. Resetoras could definitely be since he's the leader of the faction opposing Melvazoa.

Chichigami never stated to be Pillar God. Resetoras could be really equal to Melvazoa or even stronger but he unable to defeat him because of his immortality and transcendent death.

Nakiri Nakagami on Ouryuu defeat BxB Tobio by using just 10% of his power. He could be really around Maou class

It was briefly mentioned in V25.

The sounds gradually became clearer.

[Oppai Dragon, can you hear me?]

…I can hear you, but this voice is…. Who are you?

[I am one of the pillar Gods who live in a world called [Evie × Etoulde]. Everyone calls me Chichigami here.]

—Chichigami.

Agreed, I think Resetoras could be his equal and I'd like if Chichigami is comparable to Seraselbes or maybe slightly weaker.

So I just noticed that holy weapons in DxD should give the wielders resistance to Time Stop, as we see with Xenovia and Kiba in Volume 4. Kiba's holy swords are vastly inferior to the originals, so people like Jeanne and Arthur should also have it.

At the very least, it must apply to the Holy Relics like True Longinus, Sephiroth Graal, Alphecca Tyrant, and Incinerate Anthem. So Cao Cao, Valerie, Walburga, etc should have it.

I am doubting on Jeanne. Yuuto's Holy-Demonic Sword is what gave him resistance to time-stop, and I don't think Blade Blacksmith on its own is on par with it. But I agree when it comes to all the others.

Didn't Azazel also say that the other Holy Relics can drive people of faith insane if they stare at it? That would give them madness manipulation if I'm remembering correctly.

Yep, I just checked Volume 9 again and he said True Longinus would rob Asia of her sanity as it's one of the Holy Relics like the Holy Cross and the Holy Nail. He also said Asia, Irina, and Xenovia shouldn't stare at the Holy Grail or it would pull them away, similarly to his warning in Volume 9. I'll update the pages if no one has a problem with it.

Damn... If only Rias had used that to her advantage. With some smart use in unconventional ways, the Holy Grail and the Holy Cross could have been useful against the Church trio in that regard.

On the topic of Jeanne, maybe her Balance Breaker could compensate, but it's just speculation.

Is it only devils that can use the Malebranche? I was wondering if Walburga could use one to face off against Tobio or Lavinia in the future.

I would not say so because we have been getting mixed signals. He has affected people that have superior specs to him in V4. If it was so simple, he wouldn't have been sealed at first since he was weak as hell before awakening his true power. As we saw, it would have worked on Ise, Kiba, Rias, and Xenovia who were superior to Gasper if not for some special things. Azazel said the Maou-class individuals would have been affected if the magicians tweaked FBV any further than they did in V4. It's obvious that Gasper would not reach Maou-class even if they waited months for the magicians to adjust FBV.

At the same time, Gasper as a Super Devil says Maou-class - people that he transcends as a Super Devil - can move in his time stopped world. That contradicts Azazel's statement that FBV could have worked on the Maou-class and the notion that only equal or stronger people can move in it. It's all inconsistent.

Gasper ability was been strengther in Vol.4 by Magicians so there are nothing strange in fact that he could stop Rias, Akeno, Sona, Shirone, Asia and rest who haven't special abilities

Back