• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament: Secret Extra Match (Kat (Gravity Rush) vs Crystal (Nuclear Throne))

I guess her opening move would be basic shifter combat. So either fly close to Crystal to do close combat or use her stasis field to launch object at her.

If Crystal starts projectile spamming Kat would probably soon go into the Lunar Style. In that her Vortex Field can reflect projectile attacks back at Crystal (Exponential Bullet Storm incoming) and she can get past the Danmaku and right up close via teleportation.

Close up she can then fight hand-to-hand (well, foot-to-face usually) assisted by changing her own and the opponents gravity.

Gravity changing is going to hurt pretty hard and Crystal doesn't have much of a counter, but teleportation should allow her to keep mobility, even if she can't move very well with her feet.

Vortex Field reflecting projectile attacks sounds hilarious since she'll reflect the reflected attacks, resulting in some weird amalgamation of a Tool Assisted Fox vs Fox match, creating a very odd stalemate with Crystal tossing more attacks in until there is nearly a solid laserbeam of danmaku bouncing between the two of them. I bargain Crystal will have an advantage in ranged combat, though.

In melee, Crystal isn't a slouch, and Stress leads to some insane swinging speeds (As someone who loves melee + Stress, I'd know) but it's not her forte.

Crystal should have the advantage in ranged combet, though with their respective reflection shields neither can do much ranged.

In general the ability to spam teleport makes it nearly impossible to keep Kat on range.

Close up I would expect Kat to have the advantage.

How does Kat's reflection work? Does she have any limit to it?

I don't think any specific limit has been shown. No real explanation to how it works either, though it should work on physical and energy based attacks.

I would guess it's gravity based, as that's basically what all of Kat's powers are.

Hrmm. Would it work against lasers? Being faster and presumably at least partially light-based, they'd be harder to gravity manip, I'd imagine.

Kat's gravity powers are strong enough to bent light and I think it would be included in energy based attacks.

DontTalkDT said:
Kat's gravity powers are strong enough to bent light and I think it would be included in energy based attacks.
Hrmm.

This seems... Inconclusive, honestly. They both teleport and rangespam, but Crystal's danmaku will often force Kat on the defensive. Problem is, her defensive is really good. Both of them have pretty good stamina, and while Kat may have a temporary melee advantage, Stress will likely put them at a parry.

Basically, at a range, neither of them can really hurt each other well. TK is mitigated by constantly teleporting, danmaku is reflected, and reflected danmaku is reflected, and reflected reflected danmaku is... Well, you get the point.

What's Kat's AP?

13959583600.7 J or about 3.33 Tons of TNT

Hrmm. AP wise she has an advantage over Crystal's Durability, but then Crystal has an advantage with her own AP (with stronger weapons) so...

Ayup, seems incon. Two just play safe as Crystal fires so many shots it's hard to leave a defensive stance of reflection, and melee will begin to standstill and come down to luck, as well.

What if Kat steals Crystal's weapons? Would that work?

DontTalkDT said:
What if Kat steals Crystal's weapons? Would that work?
Probably not, as they'll just go back into the good 'ol cycle of danmaku reflection. Crystal is even more experienced at dealing with stuff similar to what she throws.

Also, Kat would have monstrously less ammo, while Crystal has a **** ton and can gain more through various means. (She'll probably only really run out near the very end, by which point, both of their Staminas are probably too low to properly fight anyways).

Well, the question was less about Kat using the weapons (which she probably wouldn't anyway) than about Crystal not using them anymore.

Can Crystal keep up efficient Danmaku spam if her weapons are taken away? Or can she recover her weapons somehow?

Well, I suppose it would depend on SBA and how many weapons she has access to?

Usually, characters allowed all their equipment can use it even if they realistically wouldn't be able to hold it all, which is the case with a lot of RPG characters, though naturally, there's a limit to how many she can be using at once.

This is just my personal opinion as the guy that wrote the SBA, but I doubt that we would assume them to carry a bunch of copies of the same weapon unless that's something they canonically do.

I also don't think we would give them a dimenionsal storage if they don't have it. That of course begs the question how we assume them to have 200 weapons strapped to their body, but that is the kind of logic problem we probably simple ignore for the sake of simplicity. ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Oh, no, I mean that there are a lot of different weapons. Tossing away them all would take a while, and by that time, Crystal could probably just pick them back up.

Destroying them... I wouldn't know, it's not possible in-game and there's really no assumption, but presumably they can survive firing these Large Building Level shots, so they'll probably be fine enough.

How coincidental, though.

The one match that never happened due to luck... was inconclusive.

Guess Kat is the new Inconclusive girl

They're just too defensive oriented for eachother.

I vote Incon.

Would probably make a decent match as well.

Back