• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Tournament Match 5 (Adam Taurus vs Entoma Vasilissa Zeta)

Apeironaxim said:
Nora's semblance it literally to absorb electricity, how does this scale to Adam?
Because she absorbs electricity with her Aura, just like how Adam absorbs damage with his

I'm doubtful that Adam can absorb the stun, as Nora's specialty is electricity.

However, Adam's AP and amps alongside Aura makes it seem like he has Entoma beat. Her shields mean little, and a fleshy bug body is easy to cut into.

Vote Adam.

What is adams ap? He still doesn't have a good way to deal with the bugs getting into his eyes after he's stunned and entoma can abuse the electricity to keep him down along with her webbing. His amp isn't constantly four times and entoma has her own amp via an unnamed talisman

@Pen Adam's AP:

Volume 4-5 Team RWBY is baseline

Queen Lancer took little to no damage from Volume 4-5 Weiss' attacks

Weiss' Arma Gigas summon killed the Queen Lancer

Vernal killed the Arma Gigas and stomped Weiss

Raven is stronger than Vernal

Qrow is equal to Raven

Volume 6 RWBY is equal to Qrow

Adam was manhandling Volume 6 Blake and Yang individually

Adam's semblance makes him 2-4x stronger than normal depending on how much energy he's absorbed

Adam is high into high 8-C by scaling chain but still not city block or getting a + as he has no calc for that +

Adam has on that stupid blind fold on probably

Dude still fought blindfolded

Oh yeah forgot that Adam can fight blind lol

He was also able to fight while being suffocated by tear gas

this is Entoma's scaling chain Entoma >> Evileye >>>>>>>(outclasses) Lakyus (3.57 tons)

Entoma can also amp herself

she was also realitively unnafected by Evileye's other magic attacks

Given the lack of proper H8-C calcs, it's safe to assume Adam is around the middle of High 8-C normally, with near the top of High 8-C AP while amped, yea?

Moritzva said:
Given the lack of proper H8-C calcs, it's safe to assume Adam is around the middle of High 8-C normally, with near the top of High 8-C AP while amped, yea?
aren't the amps not consistent?

@Mori I mean his semblance has a canon multiplier of 2-4x depending on how much energy he absorbs so yeah

I mean thats ssorta all he can do, his semblance is canonically only able to dish everything back all at once, he cant use it over time like Yang can and all he can do is use it either as a physical strike or an energy wave

WeeklyBattles said:
@Mori I mean his semblance has a canon multiplier of 2-4x depending on how much energy he absorbs so yeah
To be frank, multipliers and one-shots are decently irregular and inconsistent in fiction. But seeing as he can't go above H8-C, I bargain my estimate is fine.

Huh thats neat overall, So he energy waves the bugs away and gets hit by the second swarm while stunned from the electricity. I feel adam should have the ap advage in this sitation though Im not sure by just how much. Even with his amp he's not oneshotting here as entoma scales high above the 3.5 ton feat.

As for skill, she's...Odd basically she'll throw out summons first to test adams strength, he should deal with them quickly as even 8cs were able to deal with them easily, from their she'll spam thunderbird and fly breath along with her webbing to try and keep adam at bay.

She's not a physical class build and isn't liable to go into melee when she realizes adams as strong as she is. She'll play the range game spamming explosions and electricity to keep him at bay. She'll likely use her razor webbing to slow him as she spams her lighting attacks (Especially after she see's adam struggling to deal with the stunning) He'll wind up coated in flies that will likely chip at his aura and blind/deafen him. While he can fight through this it's still an advatage. He's not going to be able to take entoma by surpise with any ease as she has full 360 feild of view due to her eye placement and antenna.

Overall skill id say is decent, she'll abuse whatever she has to ensure she beats out adam here, she's naturally bloodlusted and doesn't care for her long term survival.

Also just want to point out that Adam has a rifle as part of his weapon that scales to himself in AP so even if she tries to range him out he can still hit her

And rifles that scale to ap aren't a new thing for entoma either, her sister uses one and she has a spell thats basically a machine gun... His rifle has seven shots before it needs to reload which isn't good against a character that can keep fighting till her mana runs out. Now Im sure he can reload quickly but that still leaves him open to her eletricicty and webbing.

i still feel Adam won't be able to take advantage of his stuff well enough as he'll be continuously stunned and vulnerable to other attacks

Basically everyone in RWBY has experience shooting down small flying targets that are able to dodge their attacks, Adam shouldnt really have much issue, though i have no idea why its only listed as seven, he let off twice that many shots just in the fight against Blake

Well should probably fix that, so he can take down a swarm of thunder birds good thing she can throw more, and her webbing, flies ect are also things he has to deal with.

How does aura act internally?

Looking over entomas fight her swarms contain between fourteen and twenty four thunder birds they aren't cloesly clumped so adam has to shoot each of them and deal with entoma throwing out more, or shooting her web, or anything elese she can do while he deals with her birds.

Webbing gets burned as we already discussed, only Razor Webbing would be an issue for him

Bugs would be dispersed if she decides so lead with summons that give him ample opportunity to charge his semblance, giving him the ability to fire off energy waves.

What do you mean by internally exactly?

Can you post a scan of those thunderbirds?

Can the flies crawl into adams mouth/stomache to cause damage or does his aura block things like that. She can fire the bug swarm three times him clearing it once isn't a big deal, and after he burns her first web she'll use razor webbing. sure give me one sec

Being attacked with electricity should actually greatly benefit Adam in this fight. Exact words about his semblance was "he absorbs energy through his sword, stores it up, then sends it back when he's ready". Adam should have no problem doing this considering he absorbed a massive laser beam entirely in the black trailer.

Except we have many more examples of electricity screwing with people in rwby (Has yang ever absorbed electricity? Her semblance is the closest to adams overall.) and adams never absorbed electricity.

Back