• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yep, I agree with this. Wolverine scales to Gambit pretty clearly in Origins (for further context to those who don’t know, Logan knocked Gambit out long enough to have a brief scuffle with Sabretooth)

This is also consistent for Juggernaut, who is At least High 8-C+ and portrayed to be stronger than Wolverine tier characters

I agree with this. Speaking of Juggernaut, he is "At least High 8-C+" due to upscaling from Colossus, since the result (9.63 Tons) is only at 1.1422637591× away from baseline 8-B (11 Tons), couldn't we upscale Juggernaut to that tier?

I agree with this. Speaking of Juggernaut, he is "At least High 8-C+" due to upscaling from Colossus, since the result (9.63 Tons) is only at 1.1422637591× away from baseline 8-B (11 Tons), couldn't we upscale Juggernaut to that tier?
Jugg's been shown to be physically superior to Col, with Col needing to do cheap shots and hit weak spots so that Jugg doesn't just overwhelm him right?

IDK, can anyone link clips of Juggernaut tango'ing with Wolvie? Because I never could.

Also, IIRC, Pre-revised timeline Juggie has no High 8-C feat calculated for him, and the Bobby Ice feat may be on shaky grounds to scale to AP considering the whole "universal power source" shenanigans which Bobby doesn't have.

No to be mean but I noticed a few things

1. While the part Gambit destroyed is big the size should be found using Gambit's size and not assume sizes
Here is a pick for reference

I also made a quick size reference for showing that the found size is wrong.

In this pic I use Gambit's knee to heel height to find the size. Calculator for reference: https://hpc.anatomy4sculptors.com/
Gambit's canon height is 6'1" which is 186 cm
Gambit's heel to knee height: 46.5 cm
46.5/76 = 0.6118421053 cm/pp
0.6118421053*1511 = 924.4934211 cm or 9.24 meters
2. Gambit didn't actually destroy the entire chunk. In the scene immediately after that we see a shot walking away and we see the chunk that fell.

The majority of it still remains.

I propose we use only the upper portion we see in the shot for the destructive force or alternatively we can assume he destroyed the entire upper portion of it but NOT the whole thing

Pretty sure that would only scale to his own ice powers besides his physicals?

No to be mean but I noticed a few things

1. While the part Gambit destroyed is big the size should be found using Gambit's size and not assume sizes
Here is a pick for reference

I also made a quick size reference for showing that the found size is wrong.

In this pic I use Gambit's knee to heel height to find the size. Calculator for reference: https://hpc.anatomy4sculptors.com/
Gambit's canon height is 6'1" which is 186 cm
Gambit's heel to knee height: 46.5 cm
46.5/76 = 0.6118421053 cm/pp
0.6118421053*1511 = 924.4934211 cm or 9.24 meters
2. Gambit didn't actually destroy the entire chunk. In the scene immediately after that we see a shot walking away and we see the chunk that fell.

This would be the worst way to measure the scene because Gambit is simply too far away from the chunk to be reliably used.

The part about not destroying the entire chunk seems sort of valid, but that's still like 60-70% of the volume destroyed.

Alternatively, since we already have the height, we can simply use that in the above image instead.

This would be the worst way to measure the scene because Gambit is simply too far away from the chunk to be reliably used.

The part about not destroying the entire chunk seems sort of valid, but that's still like 70% of the volume destroyed.
He is not far away as he literally destroys it by tapping his staff against it

Vid for reference

He is not far away as he literally destroys it by tapping his staff against it
He generates kinetic energy blasts. His knee is also not fully straight, plus you should've used the actual actor's image for proper scaling since we have those going around.

Not like it matters anyway because the PoV distance is still to far away for me to accept using Gambit to measure the size in any conceivable way whatsoever.

The pages that would be affected by the Gambit calc are the following

Original Timeline
Wolverine
Mystique
Juggernaut
Weapon XI (his profile needs to be separated from Revised Deadpool tbh)
Sabretooth

Revised Timeline
X-23
X-24
Beast
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Vuk
Psylocke

Revised Deadpool scaling (right now, anyways) is iffy. His only evidence is killing Weapon XI with one of his pistols but that entire segment is super sketchy for scaling

IDK, I'm honestly iffy on scaling Gambit's feat to the rest of the cast given that the rest of the cast consistently show 9-B to 9-A feats, the only other High 8-C feat is an ice feat that doesn't even scale to physicals

He generates kinetic energy blasts. His knee is also not fully straight, plus you should've used the actual actor's image for proper scaling since we have those going around.
Does it look like he shoots a beam in any way in the video? No, it's clearly meant to represent him physically hitting it. Also that was a quick calc and in know way meant to be final so yea sorry if I didn't use the actors
Not like it matters anyway because the PoV distance is still to far away for me to accept using Gambit to measure the size in any conceivable way whatsoever.
You pull the exact same shit in your images you use to find the thickness of the tower but its okay when you do it apparently.
Worse still, his staff is also extra long, which further adds to the PoV error, for Gambit to be usable you'd need him to be bear-hugging the damn thing instead of scraping the tower piece with his long-ass staff.
Seriously? His staff is around his height and the way he uses it in this scene you wouldn't need the full length to be uses. But even if you do assume he is a full staff length away or 1.86 meters the size difference would be negligible.

But whatever use 15 meters if you want I don't wanna argue but I do wanna point out how you pick and choose who gets to get away with these things
The part about not destroying the entire chunk seems sort of valid, but that's still like 60-70% of the volume destroyed.

Alternatively, since we already have the height, we can simply use that in the above image instead.
I would agree on this

Looks to be a little more than half that was destroyed
Alternatively you could use only what was destroyed in-shot since we see large chunks of unbroken debree in the aftermath

IDK, I'm honestly iffy on scaling Gambit's feat to the rest of the cast given that the rest of the cast consistently show 9-B to 9-A feats, the only other High 8-C feat is an ice feat that doesn't even scale to physicals
Well now gambits feat would be 8-C if that changes anything

8-C would likely be easier to accept for those who think High 8-C is a bit of a leap

That would make it, like, the third cinematic CBM universe that went from 9-A to 8-C assuming this is the case

You pull the exact same shit in your images you use to find the thickness of the tower but its okay when you do it apparently.
What? I used the thickness of the tower wall where Sabretooth was directly standing. PoV had nothing to do with that.

Seriously? His staff is around his height and the way he uses it in this scene you wouldn't need the full length to be uses. But even if you do assume he is a full staff length away or 1.86 meters the size difference would be negligible.
You do realize that he can extend it above his head with his hand, right?

But whatever use 15 meters if you want I don't wanna argue but I do wanna point out how you pick and choose who gets to get away with these things
LMAO what

Again, PoV has nothing to do with the wall thickness I measured for the reactor.

I would agree on this

Looks to be a little more than half that was destroyed

I did the measurements. Just over half the height.

Alternatively you could use only what was destroyed in-shot since we see large chunks of unbroken debree in the aftermath
Most of the unbroken piece can be attributed to the other half staying intact.

You do realize that he can extend it above his head with his hand, right?
You do realize he grabs it at the halfway point , right?
Using the full length is super ******* generous given the context of the scene

Also since that small distance is to much why can't we just Ang-Size it?

You do realize he grabs it at the halfway point , right?
Using the full length is super ******* generous given the context of the scene

Also since that small distance is to much why can't we just Ang-Size it?
You need an explicitly mentioned distance value from PoV to object for ang-sizing to be viable to find the size in this case. Of which unfortunately, there is none. And no, Gambit won't work here. You need PoV-to-object distance to be blatantly stated right in the source material itself. That's how the formula works.

I still think Wolverine is worth scaling given how was able to tank attacks from Gambit who was fighting under the assumption Logan had malicious intent, as well as Logan casually knocking out Gambit when angered upon seeing Sabretooth. I can understand the hesitance though

Also the edit to 8-C+ has been approved

I still think Wolverine is worth scaling given how was able to tank attacks from Gambit who was fighting under the assumption Logan had malicious intent, as well as Logan casually knocking out Gambit when angered upon seeing Sabretooth. I can understand the hesitance though
Here's the thing, Gambit can freely manipulate however much kinetic energy he wants to dish out.

Also the edit to 8-C+ has been approved
I saw, waiting for Clover to do so as well.

We need a profile for Gambit, if one hasn't been made already.

Here's the thing, Gambit can freely manipulate however much kinetic energy he wants to dish out.
That is something I hadn't considered before. I do think you can argue Gambit was hitting Wolverine with serious attacks given his initial belief that Logan was hunting for him, but I'm open to any discussion regarding that tidbit
We need a profile for Gambit, if one hasn't been made already.
Very true

Ice Man would still have decent durability given he tanked Pyro's flames. Physically, its another story

That is something I hadn't considered before. I do think you can argue Gambit was hitting Wolverine with serious attacks given his initial belief that Logan was hunting for him, but I'm open to any discussion regarding that tidbit
Gambit was only trying to escape, if he wanted to kill Logan he would've ended up levelling the place.

So if Ice Man is gonna be "Up to High 8-C via Powers" what would his general stats be?
Depends on who he has fought against physically.

IIRC the only thing I remember him doing physically is knocking out Pyro.
Doesn't mean much if Pyro hasn't fought against tough-enough opponents.

Back