• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-C General Grievous And Possibly Others

I'm curious to why he's not rated as a High 7-C and possibly some of the other characters who are rated as 7-Cs in this wiki when Grievous is consistently portrayed to be capable of fighting and defeating Jedi like Obi-wan Kenobi on equal footing.

Most of all the at least 7-C's are scaled from Grievous, so you should call the knowledble members about the verse.

Yes. Myself and two other members knowledgeable on Star Wars (though one is now blocked) did discuss this before my last hiatus.

We were actually planning a potential High 7-C rating for Grievous. We know that he can dominate multiple characters who are well into Town level+ and has actually twice dominated Depa Bilaba (a powerful High Council member). And his ability to take full powered telekinetic blasts from Fisto even when damaged and in need of repairs certainly warrants High 7-C durability.

TBH, Grievous would beat Fisto if he was at his best.

I agree that Grievous should be High 7-C. He's actually beaten Kenobi a few times, and he should be superior to Savage Opress and Ventress (he only lost to the latter on Dathomir, where I'm pretty sure Nightsisters have a power amp (I could be wrong), and otherwise honestly has better feats.)

BruceTheBatman said:
TBH, Grievous would beat Fisto if he was at his best.

I agree that Grievous should be High 7-C. He's actually beaten Kenobi a few times, and he should be superior to Savage Opress and Ventress (he only lost to the latter on Dathomir, where I'm pretty sure Nightsisters have a power amp (I could be wrong), and otherwise honestly has better feats.)
Before Grievous fought Fisto, his droid explicitly told him not to, as he still needed a lot more repairs. Considering Grievous can hold his own against characters who are comparable or even superior, you might be right. Though it should be noted that Fisto's preferred Lightsaber Form lends itself well against multiple opponents and opponents like Grievous.

Also, I doubt Grievous is outright superior to Savage, someone who scares the crap out of Ventress (herself capable of contending with and briefly restraining Grievous). Though a fight between the two would be interesting. Both are just below Maul and should be in the same ballpark.

Another thing I forgot to bring up earlier: Grievous should easily be comparable to Karbin, who have prime Vader a difficult time. Granted, Vader was somewhat distracted at the time, but Karbin took telekinetic thrashings from him and consistently managed to pressure him.

So... High 7-C for both Grievous and Karbin?

Seems about like it. People like Ventress also seem worthy of it since she has consistently held her own againts the likes of Grievous, Anakin, and Obi-wan on equal footing

BruceTheBatman said:
Yeah but wasn't that on Dathomir which amps Nightsisters or something? I forget
I don't think being on Dathomir amps them. I think has to do with those freaky rituals where they immerse themselves in one of those black ponds and take in that green mist shit.

Talzin was going to perform a Magick ritual on a planet other than Dathomir and she was able to contend with Windu while on that planet.

I may be wrong though.

Not Icarus said:
Seems about like it. People like Ventress also seem worthy of it since she has consistently held her own againts the likes of Grievous, Anakin, and Obi-wan on equal footing
High 7-C makes sense for her. Although she is ultimately weaker than those on the level of Kenobi, Quinlan Vos, Anakin, Dooku, she can still pressure them. And she's regarded as a serious powerhouse by Jedi High Council members (with Plo Koon vary of merely her presence).

The only ones we've seen outright stomping her are Dooku and Yoda, both top tiers who are not to be messed with.

She's likely just on the lower ends of the High 7-C spectrum of Star Wars here. Idk about Ahsoka though, probably still a 7-C

Not Icarus said:
She's likely just on the lower ends of the High 7-C spectrum of Star Wars here. Idk about Ahsoka though, probably still a 7-C
Ahsoka can only put up brief defensive efforts against Grievous and Ventress. Both have quickly overpowered her on two occasions.

Totallynotchewbacca said:
It is weird to hear grievous be put at low end High 7-C cosidering his reputation but I suppose I am fine with it
The High Councillor to Vader level characters are in the ballpark of 135 to 180 Kilotons. That is lower end High 7-C.

Dooku is overall only just below Vader and above the likes of Grievous/Karbin.

Prime Vader > Dooku > Grievous

I agree he should be High 7-C since he has contended with Kenobi multiple times and sometimes even overpowered him.

Also, I don't know whether this is relevant or not but Obi-Wan, whom was able pry open Grievous's chest with his bare hand early on, hurt his own leg from kicking Grievous's leg.

There's a character with a 7-B feat and a lot of people would scale to him. This includes the likes of Karbi. And Grievous would scale from Karbin.

So everyone from around the Clone Wars to Sequel era and those who are comparable to Grievous' level gets upgraded into High 7-A?

Back