• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A+ Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on Superman's profile, it says that he is at least a High 7-A because, quote:
"Even after being heavily weakened by the effects of the terraforming, he was able to one-shot the World Engine, which was capable of obliterating a mountain."

So Superman, while heavily weakened, one-shot a being with a power of 1.79 gigatons. Both the heavily weakened part and the one-shotting each mean that Man of Steel Superman >>>> 1.79 gigatons. Dividing 2.65/1.79 is about 1.48, but considering that Superman >>> weakened Superman >>> 1.79 gigaton World Engine, I'd say that a 1.5 times multiplier isn't too much of a stretch.

Thoughts?

Steppenwolf should be stronger than that and Superman was much stronger after being resurrected with the Mother Boxes to the point he could curbstomp Steppenwolf with utter ease.

Steppenwolf should be stronger than that and Superman was much stronger after being resurrected with the Mother Boxes to the point he could curbstomp Steppenwolf with utter ease.
Which means Superman definitely upscales to 2.65 gigatons. Hell, a (weak) case could be made for him upscaling to baseline Island. Which I would really like since it would put him on par with top-tier MCU characters.

And? You do realize that's what an "At Least" is used for in a Profile right?

If Steppenwolf were At Least High 7-A (Scaling above the 1.79 Gigaton Feat), and higher with his Axe

Superman (Post Mother Box Resurrection) could be High 7-A+

If Steppenwolf were High 7-A+ (Upscaling from the 1.79 Gigaton Feat), and higher with his Axe

Superman (Post Mother Box Resurrection) would only be At Least High 7-A+

Well the 6-C thing is admittedly a big stretch, but IMO Superman should probably upscale to High 7-A+

You can't be serious, you can't be...
You're saying "he did this, so he should probably upscale to this value almost 1.5x the value he scales above".

I've seen scaling chains of 10 characters not upscale.

You saying it's good enough to upscale is baseless. This isn't good enough for a value that much higher.

Unless the value is closer, then no.

You're saying "he did this, so he should probably upscale to this value almost 1.5x the value he scales above".

I've seen scaling chains of 10 characters not upscale.

You saying it's good enough to upscale is baseless. This isn't good enough for a value that much higher.

Unless the value is closer, then no.
What about just upscaling to 2.65 gigatons? Pre-resurrection Superman >> weakened Superman, who one-shot (not matched, one-shot) a being with a power of 1.79 gigatons.

What about just upscaling to 2.65 gigatons? Pre-resurrection Superman >> weakened Superman, who one-shot (not matched, one-shot) a being with a power of 1.79 gigatons.
2.65 gigatons / 1.79 gigatons = 1.4804469274.

A one shot does not warrant a 1.48x upscale.

I understand if it was 1.2 or 1.15, even 1.25.

1.48 is way too large for a single one shot to upscale. This is how we do it.

2.65 gigatons / 1.79 gigatons = 1.4804469274.

A one shot does not warrant a 1.48x upscale.

I understand if it was 1.2 or 1.15, even 1.25.

1.48 is way too large for a single one shot to upscale. This is how we do it.
To be fair, he was heavily weakened from the World Engine's terraforming when he one-shot the thing.

To be fair, he was heavily weakened from the World Engine's terraforming when he one-shot the thing.
I understand.

If this was my own wiki I'd accept it. It's a one shot and he was weakened.

Via our own standards he'd be unquantifiably above 1.79 GT, and fortunately we allow upscaling for small gaps.

1.48x is not a small gap.

I understand.

If this was my own wiki I'd accept it. It's a one shot and he was weakened.

Via our own standards he'd be unquantifiably above 1.79 GT, and fortunately we allow upscaling for small gaps.

1.48x is not a small gap.
What about just for Post-Resurrection Superman? IIRC he's much stronger than pre-resurrection Supes?

And? You do realize that's what an "At Least" is used for in a Profile right?

If Steppenwolf were At Least High 7-A (Scaling above the 1.79 Gigaton Feat), and higher with his Axe

Superman (Post Mother Box Resurrection) could be High 7-A+

If Steppenwolf were High 7-A+ (Upscaling from the 1.79 Gigaton Feat), and higher with his Axe

Superman (Post Mother Box Resurrection) would only be At Least High 7-A+
Do you realize that using an axe multiplies your AP at the very least tens of times? An AP gap of 4.3 times is nothing compared to that.

He didn't, but he could.
If he could he would have done so. He went into Steppenwolf hard and in the SnyderCut he sliced off one of his horns. He obviously was trying to put him down but could not do so with one hit.

He's superior to Steppenwolf by a good degree, but he cannot one shot him.
The AP difference is too massive to be ignored.
Its not. Superman vs Steppenwolf was not Saitama vs Orochi, where the latter was one tapped with no effort.

If he could he would have done so. He went into Steppenwolf hard and in the SnyderCut he sliced off one of his horns. He obviously was trying to put him down but could not do so with one hit.

He's superior to Steppenwolf by a good degree, but he cannot one shot him.

Its not. Superman vs Steppenwolf was not Saitama vs Orochi, where the latter was one tapped with no effort.
True. Steppenwolf may have been stomped in both versions, but in both versions he still took a huge beating and got up.

I've done my own fair share of upscaling threads, and I was told the same thing, anything gap above 1.2x or even 1.25x is too high for upscaling. You'd have to bring a chain that shows massive upscaling, like actually one-shotting your opponent. Steppenwolf was bullied in both movies, but none of Supes attacks put him down for the count.

So is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Also, thank you to everybody who helped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back