• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Superman (DCEU) 6-C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't upscale from High 7-A to 6-C without an established multiplier. You can only upscale from High 7-A to High 7-A+ if the AP value is near enough to the next tier. And considering DCEU's High 7-A value is barely above baseline, it makes any sort of upscaling iffy to begin with

The gap between the High 7-A feat and 6-C is 2.5x. The issue being is that Superman doesn't show real one shot potential against anyone that scales that high. Steppenwolf took multiple hits and got up, Diana wasn't one tapped, and Aquaman/Cyborg recovered from his attacks fast-ish.

His durability in the Snydercut is really the only thing that could get you to 6-C because of how the concentrated force of an axe might work.

In real life, this logic would work (maybe). We don't really do this kind of thing because it's unreliable in fiction.

For reference, we had a big song and dance about making Tatsumaki Small Planet level (we compromised on 'likely Small Planet level') just for dealing significantly more damage to a character that scales above someone who's less than 1.31x lower than baseline Small Planet level. I think you even participated.

Last edited:
In real life, this logic would work (maybe). We don't really do this kind of thing because it's unreliable in fiction.

For reference, we had a big song and dance about making Tatsumaki Small Planet level (we compromised on 'likely Small Planet level') just for dealing significantly more damage to a character that scales above someone who's less than 1.31x lower than baseline Small Planet level. I think you even participated.
I mean, this is literally him tanking piercing damage (as far as i know, piercing damage is way stronger than normal AP)

Yes, i was there. But that's not even remotely close to the same thing here. Tatsumaki was argued to be Small Planet level for being an unquantifible ammount stronger than Orochi. Here, Superman should be easily tens of times stronger than Steppenwolf.

Yes, i was there. But that's not even remotely close to the same thing here. Tatsumaki was argued to be Small Planet level for being an unquantifible ammount stronger than Orochi. Here, Superman should be easily tens of times stronger than Steppenwolf.
Tatsumaki is massively stronger than someone who's massively stronger than Orochi. Superman ain't tens of times stronger than Steppenwolf, given how Steppenwolf can survive his attacks. And again, the gap between DCEU's High 7-A is not near enough to 6-C at all, you can upscale if you're near enough to the next tier.

It's the same thing. If anything, Tatsumaki had a much better performance against someone far stronger than the person they're scaling above.

Superman just tanked attacks from someone a little stronger than his former self.

Also, the gap was much smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back