• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 3A Saitama (Please read the post before making a decision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most likely one.
yeah but the platinum sperm calc in particular uses a very precise canon timeframe, so it would also have to mean that garou was high 3-A back then (and sperm) but still surprised about saitama being "tougher than a mountain"
but the most fatal and unfortunate point is that with high 3-A sperm, if you divide his power by trillions then a single black sperm cell is still high 3-A, which makes basically the entire verse scale to high 3-A
yikes

The biggest threat to this crt is the fact that other sol+ characters having anti feats could also by extension ruin the chances of ftl saitama being high 3-A, but also Saitama is ridiculously above everyone (minus garou) in speed so maybe there's some kind of way he could be an exception
or maybe rela+ downgrades for ftl characters would have to happen
I mean, if you downgrade other FTL characters, you'd be saying that Flashy's feat of creating a constellation alongside PS and Garou is an outlier, and that there's no credibility to the lightspeed statement he has as well.

yeah but the platinum sperm calc in particular uses a very precise canon timeframe, so it would also have to mean that garou was high 3-A back then (and sperm) but still surprised about saitama being "tougher than a mountain"
but the most fatal and unfortunate point is that with high 3-A sperm, if you divide his power by trillions then a single black sperm cell is still high 3-A, which makes basically the entire verse scale to high 3-A
yikes
Just like the tougher than a mountain statement, and the subsonic timer earlier in the series, it would be deemed an outlier.

let me just say I'd be 100% agreeing for possibly high 3-A if it were just saitama and cosmic garou (and blast) that scaled to it
but the fact that platinum sperm, the absolute worst possible person to be high 3-A due to the golden and black sperm scaling, is also ftl means everything gets ****** by this
although, there is some kind of argument to be made that maybe the speed of light in opm is simply faster than irl, which is why garou and saitama can still see eachother fighting at mftl+ speed
but that would invalidate geryuganshoop's rela+ attacks calc, and more importantly it would still make flashy flash being lightspeed or whatever, and also boros is like 90% lightspeed so like lmao that could end up getting an absolutely bonkers boros result. But yeah, there's probably even more issues.
But if we were to change a lot of things then possibly high 3-A could work, it's just very complicated and would have devestating implications for scaling in our current state

Just like the tougher than a mountain statement, and the subsonic timer earlier in the series, it would be deemed an outlier.
maybe, but also it might get to the point where we make literally everything except for high 3-A saitama the outlier, which would be essentially impossible to gain support for
that being said, still neutral

maybe, but also it might get to the point where we make literally everything except for high 3-A saitama the outlier, which would be essentially impossible to gain support for
that being said, still neutral
All we need to deem an outlier is that one FTL calc though.

You misunderstand. The Theory of Relativity is 100% confirmed canon to the OPM verse.

Edit: Just re-read your post and it seems I misunderstood.
In the Theory of Relativity, mass increases with speed, so when you reach Sol, your mass becomes infinite. This means if you could unleash an infinite amount of energy you could move FTL.
No you can move SOL if you have infinite energy. But you are physically incapable of going faster than light. It's literally impossible to go faster than light so it's unquantifiable to AP.
It's only impossible because it requires infinite energy, no?
No not because of that. There is a whole mathematical proof of why you cannot supass light speed and only approach it. Physics literally breaks if you try to, it's just not applicable.
The argument is using real life physics to get high 3-A, but physics doesn't work in this case at all.

No you can move SOL if you have infinite energy. But you are physically incapable of going faster than light. It's literally impossible to go faster than light so it's unquantifiable to AP.

No not because of that. There is a whole mathematical proof of why you cannot supass light speed and only approach it. Physics literally breaks if you try to, it's just not applicable.
The argument is using real life physics to get high 3-A, but physics doesn't work in this case at all.
well the only thing mentioned is the theory of relativity, real life physics outisde of the theory directly confirmed to exist in-universe isn't quite valid here

You can't cherry pick one or the other they are all tied together. SOL physics is very relevant to this. And this tier for saitama is contradicted anyway because of the exponential graph.
We've already explained that the graph doesn't actually disprove anything.
I don't see the distinction you're making.

You can't cherry pick one or the other they are all tied together. SOL physics is very relevant to this. And this tier for saitama is contradicted anyway because of the exponential graph.
the graph isn't evidence, it's just an unquantifiable multiplier, and you can multiply infinite values still
actually I can cherry pick, just because the theory of relativity exists in OPM doesn't mean we also assume that uncle Jim's theory of blah blah also does. We just use what's shown in universe, as we always do

the graph isn't evidence, it's just an unquantifiable multiplier, and you can multiply infinite values still
actually I can cherry pick, just because the theory of relativity exists in OPM doesn't mean we also assume that uncle Jim's theory of blah blah also does. We just use what's shown in universe, as we always do
You still can't, which is why dealing with FF and PS is gonna be a headache.

Also, is this Einstein's theory of general relativity we're referring to?

I don't know, man. What is the standard for FTL + canonized Theory of Relativity in verses? If someone could clarify this it would be great

Off the top of my head, the Infinite Mass punch follows and is described using Einstein's Special Relativity, so would every FTL DC character from that era become High 3-A? There's probably more examples from many other verses.

I don't know, man. What is the standard for FTL + canonized Theory of Relativity in verses? If someone could clarify this it would be great
If it's stated by WOG or by a somewhat reliable source in the universe it counts.
Off the top of my head, the Infinite Mass punch follows and is described using Einstein's Special Relativity, so would every FTL DC character from that era become High 3-A? There's probably more examples from many other verses.
Not to my knowledge because A the theory of relativity isn't stated to exist there to my knowledge, and it seems that the Sol in DC is a lot faster than normal light.

This wildly contradicts many things, most notably the fact that characters reaching light speed or beyond that is already a thing in OPM. Even if we ignore calcs, there are numerous statements of character's reaching near, at, or beyond the speed of light. It also contradicts the graph. And CF Garou would thus need to be High 3-A, which really leads to a mess of its own. It's overall extremely contradictory, but that is on top of the fact that it is, nonetheless, also based on a theory in background cut-off unimportant dialogue Genos made in a comedy scene meant just to portray how Genos fanboys over Saitama. Putting those two things together, I'd rate this a "Ayo no shot bruh💀".

This wildly contradicts many things, most notably the fact that characters reaching light speed or beyond that is already a thing in OPM. Even if we ignore calcs, there are numerous statements of character's reaching near, at, or beyond the speed of light. It also contradicts the graph. And CF Garou would thus need to be High 3-A, which really leads to a mess of its own. It's overall extremely contradictory, but that is on top of the fact that it is, nonetheless, also based on a theory in background cut-off unimportant dialogue Genos made in a comedy scene meant just to portray how Genos fanboys over Saitama. Putting those two things together, I'd rate this a "Ayo no shot bruh💀".
it still doesn't contradict the graph
but yes, this has many issues, even though the logic itself is fine there are a lot of contradictions with other evidence we should think about

Even if we ignore calcs, there are numerous statements of character's reaching near, at, or beyond the speed of light.
Nope. There's one or two unnacepted Sol Flashy statements. That's all.
It also contradicts the graph.
The graph doesn't prove or disprove anything.
it is, nonetheless, also based on a theory in background cut-off unimportant dialogue Genos made in a comedy scene meant just to portray how Genos fanboys over Saitama. Putting those two things together, I'd rate this a "Ayo no shot bruh💀".
It doesn't matter if it's just Genos balbbering... The fact that the Theory of Relativity exists in the first place is all that's needed for the premise of this CRT.
And CF Garou would thus need to be High 3-A, which really leads to a mess of its own.
I don't see the problem. Not like Mode Saitama Cosmic Fear Mode Garou scales to anyone else.

It doesn't matter if it's just Genos balbbering... The fact that the Theory of Relativity exists in the first place is all that's needed for the premise of this CRT.

I don't see the problem. Not like Mode Saitama Cosmic Fear Mode Garou scales to anyone else.
Well blast would also be high 3-A but that’s fine, cause he’s fighting god anyways + he doesn’t scale to anything

There is a sub-light speed statement regarding Geryuganshoop's attacks. Boros has a statement from Murata about kicking Saitama at near-light speeds. Pretty sure Flashy Flash has 2 Sol statements and 1 FTL statement.

I can tell that argument would turn into a problem of its own so I'll just ignore it.

It does because the narrative of the story matters, and the purpose of that scene is comedy. My point isn't that Genos is making a theory and that he wouldn't "know" something. My point is that you're using a random, one-off, unimportant line from a comedy scene to claim something huge, which is otherwise heavily contradicted and equally unsupported, the bigger the claim, the more evidence you need to support it.

w
There is a sub-light speed statement regarding Geryuganshoop's attacks. Boros has a statement from Murata about kicking Saitama at near-light speeds. Pretty sure Flashy Flash has 2 Sol statements and 1 FTL statement.

I can tell that argument would turn into a problem of its own so I'll just ignore it.

It does because the narrative of the story matters, and the purpose of that scene is comedy. My point isn't that Genos is making a theory and that he wouldn't "know" something. My point is that you're using a random, one-off, unimportant line from a comedy scene to claim something huge, which is otherwise heavily contradicted and equally unsupported, the bigger the claim, the more evidence you need to support it.
actually none of these matter as long as the flashy sol isn’t accepted and the other things are just relativistic not ftl, so they’re completely irrelevant here

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if Genos is just babbling off science jargon. He still brings up the Theory of Relativity. Unless he made it all up (which would be a pretty big assumption), that means that theory and its implications exist in OPM.

w

actually none of these matter as long as the flashy sol isn’t accepted and the other things are just relativistic not ftl, so they’re completely irrelevant here
Thing is, the Flashy Flash statements don't need to be accepted for the point to remain, because my point isn't about Flashy Flash himself, but more so how the speed of light is treated in OPM. And the latter thing, likewise, was not my point.

I would like to point out, keyword, theory.
It might be a theory in verse, but that's all it is, and while that could have merit, it's a theory that is demonstrably proven false. in context.

It might be a theory in verse, but that's all it is, and while that could have merit, it's a theory that is demonstrably proven false. in context.
I pointed out this issue as well, which is why I also said earlier that best case scenario would be a possibly rating, since a theory is a possibility only

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if Genos is just babbling off science jargon. He still brings up the Theory of Relativity. Unless he made it all up (which would be a pretty big assumption), that means that theory and its implications exist in OPM.
There's also the possibility that the Theory of Relativity (as an idea made by mankind) exists but is just wrong within OPM, and, as its name implies, it is just that, a theory. Which would fit more properly when placed together with what we've actually seen up to this point. We can't say that Genos mentioning it means that the theory of relativity actually exists and applies to living beings like we can say it almost definitely does in our reality. This would actually still arguably fit better due to the contradictory evidence.

I think that, this is most likely going to be rejected.
Yet another failed attempt at tier 3 Opm…..
at least maybe when the limiters pages get made we’ll have a shot at 3-A garou matches

Except the issue is Saitama's power was never Infinite in the first place

He simply has Infinite growth for potential

So you can't stack infinity on infinity here cause the base infinity is nonexistent......as Saitama's power is finite
High 3-A is finite, 2-A is finite, High 1-B is finite, High 1-A is finite, every single tier that's not Zero is finite on the grand scheme of things, a being with true Infinite power will be an Omnipotent that cannot be beating by anything

High 3-A is finite, 2-A is finite, High 1-B is finite, High 1-A is finite, every single tier that's not Zero is finite on the grand scheme of things, a being with true Infinite power will be an Omnipotent that cannot be beating by anything
You’ve exposed yourself in so many ways with this one single post
I’d suggest studying up on the tiering system

A being that’s omnipotent would be both finite and infinite and neither of those things at the same time. Omnipotence by definition is something that makes no sense whatsoever.

You know it's a theory irl as well, right?

I am going to go ahead and say I…..have to disagree
platinum sperm just throws way too big of an L into this, I tried but I can’t really come up with a clean scaling for how high 3-A could work
Yes. Hence the name, "theory" of relativity.
The difference is, irl there's loads of corroborating evidence, and in OPM, it's flat out demonstrably false.
Although, I would like to ask you for some of the demonstrations of it being false, other than platinum sperm scaling being wrong

You’ve exposed yourself in so many ways with this one single post
I’d suggest studying up on the tiering system
Maybe you need to realize that no one care about the TS outside of this wiki and your average mangaka will still think destroying a billion universe is just big ass finite number more powerful than destroying a galaxy not two layers of infinity

Anyway, Saitama, and Garou not doing wacky infinite mass energy shit when exceeding FTL which would happen if you're taking the theory of relativity 1:1, which you'd have to because cherry picking shit from it ain't gonna work when you're basing it off the irl intepretation of such a thing.

The fact the FTL thing in question being referred to isn't even FTL, but rather subatomic body control (meaning if taken literally, we don't even reason to believe Saitama is FTL, as the thing that's FTL he never actually did via speed).
The giant **** off energy blast that took out numerous stars being well beyond FTL and didn't travel back in time which is what FTL in question is supposed to entail.
The fact Blast and lads reacted to that and don't have their mass increased a **** ton because they FTL stopping a FTL beam.
The fact the theory of relativity isn't just AP but mass, and Garou and Saitama's mass didn't increase to literally infinite amounts when fighting on a moon, if it did they'd have their own gravitational pull beyond that of the very planet they're next to when they fighting, the debris launched wouldn't have stayed in orbit or frozen, but would have been pulled toward Saitama at insane speeds, like a black hole even.

i could go on, for hours actually.
OP wrong, this thread wrong, pack it up boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back