• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes Rising Spoiler Thread: The Sequel

Sora and buff riku said:
So much text to only get a small plus on a profile.
This is nothing compared to the bloodbaths that occur in other revision threads such as in DB, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc, where even the smallest detail is discussed to death.

In a way, the bigger a verse is, the more strictly it becomes to discuss and change something.

Therefir said:
Sora and buff riku said:
So much text to only get a small plus on a profile.
This is nothing compared to the bloodbaths that occur in other revision threads such as in DB, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc, where even the smallest detail is discussed to death.
In a way, the bigger a verse is, the more strictly it becomes to discuss and change something.
Oh yeah, I'm still upset about Fairy Tail's god tiers being dropped from High 6-A

@Kingofwolves999 You are arguing that Deku's movement speed is much faster than Nighteye's combat speed, when this is not necessary true.

Overhaul killed Sir Nighteye by using the sheer number of spikes and their speed. Without that, there's no telling what would have happened. Their combat speed seems to be pretty similar, with Sir Nighteye being able to dodge Overhaul's first attacks without using Precognition. If the difference was as high as you picture it, Overhaul would have transformed Nighteye in a puddle of blood the moment he came close. Since he was unable to do that, he used his spikes to kill him, and there's practically nothing Nighteye could have done about it.

Deku himself can barely dodge Overhaul's spikes, he even states it at the beginning of the fight. But now it results that he was actually much faster than the spikes, just because you interpreted this specific scene in a different way, while completely ignoring what Deku said earlier, this is basically what you're doing right now.

He is much faster than his projectiles at 20%, Overhaul wouldn't have said he was any faster than Nighteye at all if he wasn't.

Nighteye survived that long due to his skill and incredibly high intelligence. I'm not implying a speed difference so vast that Overhaul blitzes him, he's substantially faster than him. Nighteye being slower than Mirio who OH could react to several times means Nighteye's projectiles are not fast at all in comparison to OH. He dodged a single attack then got immediately killed right after it. He knew Overhaul's quirk and his ability to predict his opponents moves, even without his quirk, surely would have allowed him to dodge a swipe. That skill was not high enough to save him, and he got stabbed. If he could react to OH's hand, but couldn't react to his spikes, that just makes 20% actually being able to somewhat dodge them a better feat.

He isn't much faster than the spikes at all, they're Hypersonic+ as well. Nighteye couldn't do anything when they came at him despite his established speed, yet here is Deku dodging them. He got scraped by a single spike on his side (which he dodged) then immediately dodged two more. That's a far better feat for dodging them than Nighteye has. He can't dodge them quick enough, but unlike Nighteye, he is able to even attempt a dodge.

Overhaul never stated anything about the projectiles, he simply said that Deku was fast, and while that does imply he was faster than Sir Nighteye and Mirio, I already acknowledge this by putting Deku at plain Hypersonic, while Overhaul, Mirio, and Nighteye are all just Supersonic+ with Hypersonic combat speed.

Overhaul dodging Nighteye's projectiles doesn't mean he is much faster than then, just that he is fast enough to avoid them.

We don't even know how Nighteye got caught by the spikes, you say that as if we were completely sure he was blitzed by them. As I said before, since Nighteye's movement speed is just Supersonic+, there's no way he could've avoided several of Hypersonic spikes, they don't need to blitz him in order to hit.

And yes, Deku do managed to avoid Overhaul's spikes unlike Nighteye, that's why he is Hypersonic instead of just Supersonic+, which is simply not to escape from the spikes.

I know we're talking speed stuff here but are there any noteworthy tier changes that need to be made to any other characters in Heroes Rising?

I don't know about you guys, but I think Ochako's been stuck in 9-A for too long.

The 9-A+ students were already very close to Building level, and since they have been training for a year, I think it's fair to assume they are baseline 8-C at this point.

Also, one of the previous weakest students, Tokoyami, has trained enough to be able to react to Supersonic+ characters while wearing Black Abyss. And many other characters could react to a casual/weakened Nine and survive a few hits from him.

Something like this was going to happen sooner or later, Bakugou, Todoroki and Deku doesn't precisely blitz every other student they encounter.

Compared 9-A+ students I mean, he was stated to be very weak physically, that's why he went to train with Hawks, to be able to overcome that weakness.

I think it's fair to assume that by the Rise of Villains saga, the 9-A+'s have moved up to at least baseline 8-C.

Also, on the topic of Nine, how does he scale? Obviously his unrestrained self would be High 7-A like 100% Deku and Bakugo, but what about his restrained self? And what about Slice, Mummy, and Chimera?

Also, in terms of Nine's scaling, it's possible that he's stronger than All For One due to this synopsis of Heroes Rising:

https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/201...a-heroes-rising-anime-synopsis-summary-anime/

You don't need to read the whole thing, but basically, it says that Nine is the greatest villain thus far. Now, whether this means prime AFO or Kamino AFO is unclear.

Yeah pretty much Chimera: 8A (overpowered Todoroki)

Mummy: High 8C (restrained Bakugou who needed a massive explosion to escape him)

Slice: 8C+ physically (overpowered Tokoyami who was using Black Abyss), higher with her quirk

It just dawned on me, Deku with his 100% finger flicks, is capable of destroying todoroki's casual ice attacks, so why isn't his shockwaves 8-B+

Todoroki's ice isn't 8-B, the energy he puts into freezing the air to make that ice is 8-B. Destroying the ice itself isn't even an that impressive, Stain was able to break it pretty easily.

TheRustyOne said:
Todoroki's ice isn't 8-B, the energy he puts into freezing the air to make that ice is 8-B. Destroying the ice itself isn't even an that impressive, Stain was able to break it pretty easily.
Chimera would still be 8-A for dispersing his flames.

For both I use Nine who can be seen when the attack is blocked. I then measure the cliff side and use that to get the shockwave.

Nullflowerblush said:
Chimera would still be 8-A for dispersing his flames.
And... When did I mention his fire? I never said anything about 8-A or Chimera, what are you getting at?

Oh it's true, I can see Nine's silhouette there.

However, I think the result should be halved, as there was a large trace of green electricity after the shockwave, which probably means that Deku also put part of his strength.

But his durability shouldn't fully scale from the feat, he used his Iron Soles to attack Nine, and we already know how durable they are.

Back