• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help with the Fossil Fighters Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Now I am practically killing myself by doing this, but I gotta. I need help with these Fossil Fighters pages. Yes, I realize that the Digimon stuff is still going on and so is Pokemon stuff. But, these files are like on the edge of being deleted and I want to fix them.

I will be looking at a total of 2 media for this. The games and the manga. I am currently in the process of reading the manga. So there is that.

I know for a fact that these guys have Endgame Planet level feats, but how does this scale to your everyday Vivosaur.

I really want to fix these files, but I do need a little help here.

Help would be nice.

Wait Fossil Fighters has Planet level feats?

I've been pining to watch some of the anime, so I'll report back what I get.

I'm sorry I saw; fish, fossil, fight, eat, planet and game all in one sentence... where do I find this and what's it on?

I mixed up Fossil Fighters and Dinosaur King. Sorry.

I don't think I'd be of help, but I can skim a lets play and see what I find.

@Darkanine oh I remember Dinosaur King, it was a pretty cool show

@Dragon hmm I probably won't be able to get the game in a while, but I can probably go through the Manga to see if I can be of service

YO WE DOING THIS NOW

Alright, so to talk of Gunash and how he was gonna eat the planet Earth... I recall that it was stated he would eat the planet whole, whole being one bite and without the need to chew or rip it apart, meaning that his head, and subsequently his body, must be far larger then the planet Earth itself.

As for the three brains, Guhweep Guhlith and Guhvorn control the flow of energy and power of Guhnash evenly, meaning that each would hold, at BEST, a third of Guhnash's total power within them at any one given time. It should also be noted that Guhweep has a move called "Bend Space", which increases their Evasion, basically meaning that it could actually be manipulating space to make it harder to hit (Just like Sans from Undertale, I guess?)

As for weaker Vivosaurs... I did end up recording a bunch of videos for them/their attack animations... But it was on my phone, and IDK if I can get them to be viewable to others. I will try again though, but if I get it to work I will let you know that they aren't the highest quality videos you'll ever see. XD

Gunash (Being the Giant Fish that devours planets whole)

Hunter (The main character) defeated him.

I'm playing Champions to get ZongaZonga's stuff.

Thebluedash said:
Who's the character that did the planet level feat?

Guhnash, apparently. A giant fish alien who eats planets whole. The main characters defeat him, albeit from the inside out in the end game. I can't find much on him, so I guess there's not a lot to it.

Well, he seems to be quite a late game type boss, so I wouldn't imagine he'd scale to lower level enemies?

Hunter defeated Gunash whose brains each hold 1/3 of Guhnash's power. He fought all 3 at once btw.

Thebluedash said:
Well, he seems to be quite a late game type boss, so I wouldn't imagine he'd scale to lower level enemies?
Nope, the only ones who'd scale are:

Dynal, Rosie, Holt(Maybe), Raptin and Dyna.

This is simply because they usually stay on par with the Hunter, even by this point.

Igno and Frigi are also a possible scale.

From what I can gather, the Fish is the final boss, so he shouldn't scale to low tier monsters.

The feat Dragon asked me to calc might scale, but I'm gonna start looking out for better feats.

Ye, planetary fish is a final boss. If it means anything, I already tried looking for a bunch of stuff for ZongaZonga (final boss of the second game) and I couldn't really find much outside of him being superior to literally everyone except for Dino/Dina (protags of the second game). If anything, someone could make the argument that he is comparable to Frigi and Igno due to being a Legendary-Type Vivosaur, but... IDK if people would accept scaling simply because they are Legendary Type vivosaurs.

Also, does the link I posted work for everyone?

Also, since we can't really just ignore it, want me to watch a playthrough of Fossil Fighters: Frontier to try and find some valuable feats?

So I just realized that there are some Vivosaurs that use sound based attacks, and these attacks can be dodged and evaded (The Vivosaur Hypsi has a move called Soothing Song). If possible, we could put low-tier Vivosaurs at possibly Transonic or Supersonic, since they can dodge these types of attacks and I think we also used similar reasoning for Pokemon profiles and their low-tiers.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Dikelo and Parium can also summon real lightning. Hell, Parium can summon the whole thunderstorm itself in it's attack. I think I have videos of them in the link I posted a little while ago.

Actually iirc Dinomaton have like two moves where they fire lasers, and I THINK Coelanth also shoots some sort of beam from the jewel on it's head as well.

Yo so it just dawned on me... Frigi and Igno would have desrtroyed Vivosaur Island in the first game as a result of their clash. We could calc the size of the island by using the landmarks such as the temple or something, and then calc the amount of energy needed to destroy it? All we need to do is find a part of the temple on the outside where we can compare it to the height of one of the characters/protags, right?

Yes that is a correct if you find a picture with an animal (with a listed height) next to the landmark, you can make a calc.

Sadly, I don't think there are any scenes where an animal is standing directly next to that temple.... I think the best we could do is scale off of Duna's human form, but that's iffy.

She is stated to be 14 years old in Human years, and when disguised as a human nobody objects to her stature or anything, so I guess we could attribute the average height of a 14 year old girl to her. The best we could possibly do is maybe try to compare her height to the protagonist's and then compare the protag's height to the temples... But we don't get too many good shots of that temple anyway.

In this case, we could still compare the Protag's height with Duna's and maybe compare the protag's height to a building in the main hub/city of the game, preferably a larger building that is seen on the map.

Even then, I think it's iffy because she isn't even a human, so we might not be able to force the human height average on her anyway. :/

I don't know if this counts for anything, but here goes. In the manga, Shoni used its strength to create a whirlpool strong enough to throw the B.B. Bandit Trio and Plesio out of the water before proceeding to launch itself out of the water to defeat Plesio. All of this happened after Shoni was heavily injured and poisoned by Plesio. Shoni is a regular vivosaur, so it should scale to other vivosaurs, the only reason it wouldn't is cause it's particularly large. Speaking of which, some vivosaurs have official sizes. For example, the original Foosil Fighters listed Shoni as being 49' long.

Hope this is a worthwile contribution and not just a waste of time and space.

I'm gonna keep reading the manga & list whatever seems like a worthwile find.

I'm also playing through Fossil Fighters Frontier rn, as well as watching a let's play on it just so I don't miss anything. No really notable feats just yet outside of the Bone Buggies being able to smash apart rocks of comparable size... But that takes multiple hits and that isn't very important by comparison to the Vivosaurs themselves.

Wait, Vrokorta, are there any clear shots of the temple in Knotwood forest in the Fossil Fighters Comic where someone or a Vivosaur is standing next to it? We could use that to calc the size of the temple, and therefore the island and then measure how much energy would be needed to destroy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back